I suggest you ...

Barcode number printed on Manifest

My local post office are saying they are having a hard time with my click and drop manifests now they have to scan them in. I'm printing the manifests in A4 and the barcode won't scan. There isn't a number underneath the barcode so they can't manually put it into the system.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  AdminAdministrator (Administrator, Click and Drop) responded  · 

Hi and thank you all for your suggestions.
Our barcodes are clearly readable when printed on good quality paper or labels.
If there are issues with your labels being scanned in at the Post Office, we urge you to contact Royal Mail customer services who will be able to pursue this issue further. Unfortunately, this website is for suggestions relating to the Click & Drop website only.

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I managed to fix the problem by printing out larger copies of the barcodes in addition to the regular paperwork. They scanned first time. I've shared this with my account manager and others and I reckon this could be fixed fairly quickly...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem - just won't scan.
    have no problems printing barcodes for any other courier or even the labels themselves - just the manifests. someone needs to change the barcode format on the manifests so they print more clearly...

• phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here, barcode scans (or beeps) but nothing comes up on their screen. they have to type it in every time

• Adam Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, my inkjet printer cant print a clean barcode and it won't scan in the post office

• Graham Wharton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it helps, the Barcode number is

<Account Number><PLN Number>C&D<7 Digit Manifest No. without any letters>

e.g

OBA Acct Number : 1234567890
    PLN Number : 0987654321
    manifest Number : M1234

Then the barcode would be

12345678900987654321C&D0001234

Its only really the last 4 digits that will change on a daily basis, so you could prepare a little card with the number on it with **** as the last 4 digits, then get the PO to use that with the **** replaced with the manifest no.

Hope this helps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base