General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically convert on old online account to Click & Drop?

I have wasted about 1hour this morning trying to create a parcel label and although I appear to have been charged by PayPal - as shown below - the Click&Drop transaction failed without providing my postage.

I also had difficultly logging into my new Click&Drop account and tried a password reset - even though I know I used the correct password. The website said it had sent me an email but no email arrived, so I cannot get back into the website…….

I was quite happy with the previous Royal Mail online service. I can’t understand why my account couldn’t…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return Label - IMPORTANT

Not so much of an idea as a bug.

For the return address I Have just noticed that address Line 3 does not print out on the label.

I have added ours to Address line 2 for now

For us this was a big problem as that part of the address had the street name & number

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Admin responded

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve passed this to the Development Team to look at, and we’ll get back to you as soon as I have any further information.

Thanks again
    The Click & Drop Team

3. Is print assist flaky technology

Better solution than print assist.

It doesn't seem to be very reliable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix Print assist barcode issue

Again when using print assist the barcodes come out too thick and unreadable. If printed manually then it's fine

A real business shipping hundreds of orders a day can't afford to manually print labels or even check barcodes 1 by one

fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will pass this on to our Development Team to investigate.

However, if the incorrect label size issue is resolved by carrying out the steps mentioned in your post “Fix print assist” then this may also resolve the barcode issue.

As soon as I have any further information I will update you.

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

5. When creating an order, have the option to only show favourites

To reduce the amount of text on a page (and therefore scrolling) option to only show the shipping options that have been marked as favourites (others can be shown with a "Show More" style button?) Will help speed up creating labels just that little bit and also simplify options for other users.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Label first, despatch note second

When you produce a PDF of a shipping label plus the despatch note, make the label page 1 and the despatch note page 2. Then users can put a single sheet of labels into the manual feed on the printer and print both items off at the same time, instead of printing just the despatch note, and then inserting the labels and printing the label as a separate job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Address not always populating when chosen from the address book

After adding a new address, when choosing to send to that customer after creation, there are some addresses that are not coming up. We delete and try to add back in, but its still the same. This has happened to a few now and does not sort itself even after logging off and back on again. You end up having to find it when adding a new order, but then it does not bring the name of the person over. Really frustrating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tracking Information Stops saying "invalid" when it isn't

When you try and scan a 1st or 2nd class item that hasn't been delivered. Instead of saying something like "this hasn't been delivered yet." or "no tracking yet available" it now says:

Sorry - we don't recognise that number. Please check the information below to make sure your tracking code is correct.

As you can imagine this looks concerning to customers who have been told their item has been shipped das previously. Why say the number is invalid if this isn't the case?

I'm speaking of tracking numbers that start LP if that's any help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create customisable "favourite filters" on orders

Would it be possible to have favourite filters for orders? A customisable list somewhere on the orders screen that combines certain filters together where you can click and show e.g. Amazon Large Letters to the UK or eBay packets to non-UK addresses. The filters could be created much like the shipping rules are now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. seperate the credit cards from the Paypal area more clearly

Please do not put the Visa/Mastercard etc so near the Paypal button. try it away from the hit button of Paypal. I have already made one mistake trying to do this. This website is NOT easy to use. It is complicated. Try getting a simple formula to do ll of the booiking and include easy cancelling if you make a mistake. Look at P2g website and morrioe=r that if you wish to compete with them!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. printing order details easily for individual sales

there is no way of printing the order details easily for each individual order, on the old click and drop, you just clicked on the order number and all the details appeared and were easily printable. we used this page with all the details price/address/payment date/tracking number ect as an invoice for our records.
    very frustrating the old system was easier to select the postage and does everything we need better than this new system which were being forced to use, id like to continue using the old stsyem.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Local Collect

I currently use local collect via DMO, and find it ridiculous that you are forcing customers onto a your clearly unfinished platform that doesn't currently support it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Your Customer service points don't have a clue about click and drop label generation

I thought you label generation service in the shop is great as I don't have a printer and saves me time. However I tried to use Click and drop at two CSPs. The first one at Paddington Basin, they were not aware of the service and said they haven't got a QR code reader to generate anything. The second one at Wimbledon was even worse, the guy who served me said they don't offer this service even though they had a massive poster in that premises along with a parcel POS point saying the same. I had to ask for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide a box that allows you to put more than 1 box in when sending international parcels

I have an order going to America which is over 2kg in weight - it will need 2 labels. At the moment there is not way of doing 2 boxes to the same customer.
    Fairly soon I will have a customer who order about 20 boxes at a time. Can you imagine the time it will take to generate 20 labels?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why isnt the title field prefixed in front of forename?

Instead of 'Mr John Smith' I get

'John Smith
    Mr'

Did anybody test this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Address finder

Is anyone else having issues with the address finder?
    Normally I would type the postcode in to the bar, it will then find the address with that postcode. I would then click on the address I require and it prefills the address section.

The last few days, however, I type the postcode, it finds the address but no matter how many times I click on it, it will not prefill the address section.
    Taking me 10 times longer to do it all manually.

Just wondering if it’s affecting anyone else?

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are currently reviewing the issue you have encountered, using the additional information that you have provided, and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

17. The printed Bar code needs to be larger!

The local post office are unable to scan the bar code printed on a recent HP Inkjet printer and so have the overhead of entering the address manually. Has anyone at Royal Mail tested this feature?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sort Polish Address problem-Invaiid Characters being used.

I have problems when trying to print labels for ebay orders that are being posted to adrresses in Poland.

I get an error message about improper characters being used and told to edit the address. Polish names are somrtimes quite unusual and I think this why I am unable to print these labels from C&D I end up having to go through Paypal to print these labels on A$ instead of my usual 6x4 labels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it possible to use credit on your account rather than go to Paypal every time!

The web site design is poor. So hard for a new user to find out how to do a simple thing like make a label. I am an account holder with some credit to be used up.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to mark orders as "no postage needed"

Some of the products we sell on ebay or Amazon are too big to ship with Royal mail and have to go with a courier, at the moment I have to delete those orders from the C&D system because I can't mark the as Dispatched without applying postage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base