General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Click & Drop needs to support country of origin.

Click & Drop needs to support country of origin.

We are being told we have to send the country of origin to Royal Mail but Click & Drop doesn't support it.

https://www.royalmail.com/business/services/sending/international-data

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the option to set a future shipping date in the Field Mapping sections, when importing orders via a spreadsheet

We prepare our orders in advance, and in DMO, it was very easy to set a future shipping date. Now, to set a future shipping date, I have to manually go in and do it - negating the ease of having shipping rules.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do you import an order with multiple items for customs

How on earth do you import (via dropbox) a order with more than 1 item?
    I've avoided using items until now, but obviously I need to add electronic customs information now for some overseas countries.
    I can see how you can give details on 1 item (and the example .xls shows this), but how on earth do you give multiple items within 1 package, each with a different country of origin and customs code???
    I cannot find any documentation for this. At least with DMO, all information for on demand was in 1 document, so you knew where to look! …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update order import field specification to include latest fields

Update order import field specification to include latest fields, field format max length etc. including for country of origin (does this include ISO 2 letter and 3 letter country code?) and harmonised customs codes lengths

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow return address to be part of dropbox import

We send many orders "plain cover" (aka white label) for other companies, direct to their clients. We always have to have the customer as the return address (so their client believes it is coming from our customer) In DMO we had a list of approx 100 return addresses set up over the 3 years we used it. For CnD, the list is only a dozen, but is getting out of hand already.
    As our invoicing system has the return address, better (and quick) if the return address can be imported via Dropbox / you dropbox replacement etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CSV Import Of Service and service Codes

We had a DMO account direct with yourselves for years but got approached by a company who were shipping larger amounts than us and offered better prices. So we continued to use DMO but through another account. Its been great all this time because I developed a system to create the CSV and Auto pick the Service and Service codes so all was to do was Print the Labels. Now it looks like I cant apply service Codes to this new Click & Drop System... Is this correct?

Why would 'any' volume user want to upload a CSV and then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andy

Click & Drop has been designed to support customers of all abilities and give options and flexibility for how our customers want to use the application, as opposed to being prescriptive in how our customers use the application.

in reference to your suggestion, the upload and automatic import of files via Dropbox, the mandatory fields are solely the name and address fields. This is to allow customers for example to utilise shipping rules. However if you specify and map the service code, weight and format in your upload file it will be enough to generate your label. If you look at the help content this specifies the available fields for importing orders depending on your needs.

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/sections/115000366233-Creating-importing-your-orders

In terms of your service codes in your systems, in the settings section of Click & Drop, if you choose shipping services, you can map the codes you have in your…

7. Choose which order statuses to import from WooCommerce

Currently, the WooCommerce integration with the Click & Drop system pulls through all orders that have a status of "Processing". This does not allow for a productive workflow for any customers that use custom order statuses. The "Processing" status simply means that the order has been paid for, all orders with this status are not necessarily ready to be shipped.

For example, my customer uses several shipping services, if we could choose which order status to import into the system we could assign each shipping service with a custom status ie "Dispatch With Royal Mail". This way we will know…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

The WooCommerce integration was created with the standard version in mind.

Unfortunately due to the customisability of WooCommerce, we cannot cater for customised order statuses, and will not be looking to do so anytime in the near future.

Should this change we will let users know any schedules.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

8. CSV importer is broken and functionality is worse than DMO

The letter which you sent out back in December said that Click and Drop has all the functionality of DMO - and more. It does not and the functionality that's there is broken or incomplete.

When I try to import a CSV file which has empty columns in some of the rows (eg. Address 2 and Address 3 might be blank in some cases), the importer is incorrectly ignoring the columns for that row, thereby shifting the subsequent columns to the left. The CSV file is done to the normal specification, eg.:

"12 High Street","","","Newtown","NT1 1NT"

But if you just…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

An update has been made to the file import functionality in Click & Drop:

- It is now possible to save a file mapping as default so that any files uploaded with empty columns will be recognised
    - Alternative date formats can be selected
    - Service Enhancements can now be mapped

If you have any questions regarding this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards,
    The Click & Drop Team

9. Service codes from DMO and enhancements import

When importing orders we can only use the OBA codes such as CRL24 or CRL48 and we can't specify if there's signature or not. With DMO we could automatically import an order with a Signature whereas with C&D this needs to be done manually.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Actually integrate with Ebay so a label comes up when I click on the ebay link.

I cannot figure out how to bring up a shipping label from ebay. I have integrated my account, but do not see a way of creating a label for the order I need to ship today. Yet again, the only thing I can do is make a manual order. Why is this so complicated for you? It works without all this messy setup, without a mailing account in the US. Check out their service and maybe give up on the complicated one you've created here unless you can make it actually work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Allen,

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are encountering with Click & Drop.

The integration with Ebay allows for your orders to be imported into Click & Drop. Once they are in Click & Drop you can Apply Postage to each order, or in bulk, and then generate the label for them.

Help documentation for these processes can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb but if you require any further information and help please contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

11. Department References

Require the ability to add a department reference for all orders when importing an order, this is imperitive to our fulfilment business as we have to track each label printed to an individual customer for billing purposes. It was on DMO and can use when manually adding an order but that is not feasible when importing hundreds of orders per day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

This functionality is now available on Click & Drop.

More information on this feature can be found at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Thank you
    The Click & Drop Team

12. import field mapping saves

Please look at this again. Today I imported my file and it said I had to map it all over again.this is because I had put a comment on the end of one line. The extra field causes the sytem to wipe out the whole import mapping. Can we change this so that it uses the last mapping and gives you a warning to REVIEW MAPPING FOR NEW FIELD. wiping out the whole lot is over the top and takes ages to correct at the end of the day

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Click & Drop allows for multiple file formats and saves each file format you map on the first upload, as you created an additional column this is the reason you needed to remap the fields. As we allow multiple file formats you can now upload either formatted file without the need to remap.

Further improvements to the file import process are due in the April release as per the coming soon section within the Help Centre.

Click & Drop Support

13. User Defined Formats for manual import needed

To import items/orders manually DMO has User Defined Formats / layouts for imported files e.g. you create a layout, map fields and save it. Then to import you select the layout, upload the .csv file and it's processed very quickly.
    Click and Drop doesn't have that functionality and it's crucial for us. It seems it remembers the layout by file name but our CRM generates unique file name for batches, so it's a big problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Tomasz

Click & Drop has the functionality you described and recognises the format of each file you upload and asks you to map it the first time you upload a different format it has not seen before. In the background it stores each different format itself without you needing to name it yourself. There is no limit to the number of files formats you can upload.

Thanks

Click & Drop Support

14. Department References

Require the ability to add a department reference for all orders when importing an order, this is imperitive to our fulfilment business as we have to track each label printed to an individual customer for billing purposes. It was on DMO and can use when manually adding an order but that is not feasible when importing hundreds of orders per day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BIGCOMMERCE intergration not working

Orders are not being pulled into Click & Drop via big-commerce. I have 2 stores but neither work. Installed and re-installed the app and connection 8 times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Our Development Team have looked into this and cannot find any issues in Click & Drop. However, there are some logged errors that relate to connection with BigCommerce.

If the issue persists please can you contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com so that they can look at your account for any specific issues.

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

16. Ebay: Click & Drop imports random parcel weights?

Can some one look at how Click & Drop is importing the total weights from eBay. For example, I sell an item with a weight of 100g (weight saved in the eBay listing), however click & drop imports a weight of 200g? Where did the extra 100g come from?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Richard,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This would happen is if the product that is in the order that is being imported has a different weight set in Click & Drop. The weight set against a product will override the weight that is passed from an imported order.

Changing the weight of the product in the Click & Drop Products Page to the weight that is set in Ebay, will rectify this issue.

If you would like to discuss this further, or continue to have an issue, please contact the Click & Drop Support Team.

Thank you
    The Click & Drop Team

17. Add automation. Our warehouse operators need to scan an item and have the docs come out the printer. Not go through a pedestrian ssytem of u

Our warehouse operators need to be able to scan in an item/order code and have a ticket come out. We have a system to do this with UPS, with Laposte, with Direct Link and pretty much any other courier.

Click and drop is so horribly pedestrian its going to be a nightmare to work with. We're not allowed to have DMO (a seemingly more robust professional system from what i've seen) and are now stuck with this system.
    We cant even search (by default) on our own order reference - and the fact that we have to import our orders…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gary

we’re sorry you believe this capability is not possible and have not been given the accurate advice in relation to Click & Drop’s functionality.

Within Click & Drop you have a number ways of getting orders into the application, this can be direct integration into a number of marketplaces and using the marketplace assigned order number, or manually or automatically importing a file with a number of fields you can map including your own order number which then is assigned to the order and is searchable or you can use the scan and print capability in Click & Drop to scan the order reference and print the order. The automated import of files is used by using the Dropbox integration and works faster and in a more secure way than that of DMO, for example a file can be auto imported in 2 seconds from being placed…

18. Developer documentation for CSV import format please

I can't find any documentation on what to call the fields for automatic import

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to upload error today (Fri 5th May)

We are uploading our CSV (comma file) for our orders, all fields are accurate as normal but the following occurs:
    "
    Sorry, an unexpected problem occurred. Please quote reference 'bebb' if contacting us for help "

I have been told by 0845 2661004 that there is a known technical issue . Will this be resolved today. Friday the 5th May, please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. International Orders

Orders fro Amazon DE,FR & IT are not imported and have to be downloaded manually

It would be good if they could be

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Amazon international stores can now be linked to Click and Drop. If you click on the settings area within Click and Drop, then Channels and Stores and then add new store, then choose Amazon and enter the approprioate details and select the relevant country where the store is based, you can then link for example Amazon DE to your UK Click and Drop account

Click and Drop Support

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base