General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dropbox results despatch report not working

When adding a file to be processed in the Dropbox Click and Drop folder, once imported, a results folder is created with a corresponding despatch report for that file. The file is created immediately and only contains the header row and no data.
    When I process the order and mark as despatched, this file is never updated, so there is no way to automatically update the order status on the website and add any tracking information.
    I need to manual export the despatched orders from the reports tab.
    Please advise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Receiving an empty file in the Results folder is normally due to the import file being mapped incorrectly, and there being errors during the Import process.

To check for errors, you can click on the “Order import history” button in the top right corner of the Import screen.

If you are still having issues with this, or wish to discuss this further, please contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com who will be happy to assist you.

Thanks
    The Click & drop Team

2. Bring back International Economy

I post items overseas on behalf of a charity and desperately need to be able to use International Economy (surface mail) for small parcels. We can't afford to spend our hard-earned income on International Standard (airmail). But Economy is not available as an option on C&D and when I phoned the helpline 03456113425 I was told "one or two" people had raised this point but that it "wasn't necessary" to add it to C&D. I found this insulting. Way to go, RM - make the cheaper alternative unavailable in the hope that the customer is too busy to stand in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The International Economy service is now available on Click & Drop for the Large Letter and Small Parcel formats.

If you do encounter any issues when trying to use this service please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team who will be to help.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

3. Delete Orders For Dispatch

I want to be able to delete orders awaiting dispatch, which the system currently does not allow. We mark orders as dispatched on eBay and Amazon, if we also mark as dispatched on the Click and Drop site the dates and timings can conflict, resulting in a negative performance mark on the market places. As a result we no longer use the Dispatched function on Click and Drop and want to be able to delete the orders that are accumulating, all of which have been dispatched and updated as such on eBay and Amazon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Special Delivery Saturday Guarantee. Not possible - Please add feature

This service is not currently offered through C+D. We need to go old-school hand write address and hand stamp the envelope, etc. Then add to OBA account, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The Saturday Guaranteed service enhancement is now available for OBA customers.

Should you have any queries regarding this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

5. Provide proof of postage

You are able to get proof of postage on the Despatch Manager Online
    from the Archived Shipments Section which customers accept. The option on Click and Drop is to print a bit of paper when the label is generated that customers don't accept as anyone can type that up in 2 minutes. Why can't the same option that is on the DMO be applied to Click and Drop?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mailing sacks

I'm finding the quantity of mailing sacks being delivered is simply not enough. We are only allowed to order one weeks supply at a time. If I place an order for forty, one sack full turns up. I can use up to four per day depending on parcel / large size and class of mail. One sack full is delivered and contains around 16 sacks. Some of these sacks are unusable as they are badly ripped.
    Very frustrating

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Back to top link

When you are in orders whether it is new or order history, if you have the full 500 orders displaying and you scroll down the page, it takes forever to scroll back up, there should be a back to top link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When & How is Click & Drop going to show the delivered information for Standard parcels using the new barcode label

We were promised that this summer if we upgraded to barcode labels we would be able to check that the parcel has been delivered. How is this going to show in C&D and wen ?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ordering supplies for OBA

We never get the postal labels, cable ties etc when we order, never. We have run out and have ordered 3 times now without any luck. Come on guys

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We have queried this with the Online Mail Supplies team and asked them to contact you to resolve this issue.

Kind regards

Click & Drop Support

10. Ability to download the despatch history per day including tracking numbers

Have the ability to download the dispatch history per day as a CSV (or XML) file?

I had a query today about an item that was dispatched and trying to find that Tracking Number was time consuming as you have to go through several manifests – I could find no quick way to find the information

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Click and drop does allow for a report to be generated detailing the tracking numbers as per the help article below

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8573/kw/Click%20%26%20Drop

however you can also filter by specific orders within Click and Drop itself and see the Tracking number of the item on the screen with a link to the Royal Mail Track and Trace site. The help article below explains how to do this, if you place a tick in the tracking number section you will then see the tracking number link on screen

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7457/kw/Click%20%26%20Drop

Click and Drop Support

11. make viewing the invoices very much easier. I have never acheived this and therefore am unable to print them off

my invoices are paid by direct debit but i cannot view the invoices and cannot print them off for my records

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Products which attract VAT is related to postage products which are deemed as falling under the Universal Service Obligation of which Royal Mail as the UK’s postage provider operates under. The UK services which fall under the USO for account customers are BPL and BPR, the international services are OSA, OSB, OTC, OTD, OLA & OLS. The VAT classification of Royal Mail’s postage products are determined by HMRC.

In relation to the invoices shown in OBA for direct debit customers, we have the OBA help centre which explains the invoicing area but for customers on Direct debit invoices will always appear in the paid section of OBA as opposed to Open invoices, and for invoices waiting to be paid by direct debit these will be in the ‘in process’ area as opposed to processed area of paid invoices.

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/341

Click & Drop Support

12. Search Feature for manifested orders

It would be great to have a search feature for the orders you have sent. When you have a customer chasing their order you have to scroll through either by dispatch date/ alphabetical order. This is extremely time consuming. Would be much easier if there was a search box to type the customers name in to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Made a complaint about the only post office in our town about the postmaster wont accept click and drop 450g parcels as they do not get paid

Even though he shows a click and drop service wont accept click and drop items, stop paying the postmaster his wages as he is no longer working to Royal mails rules, P.Office is Prescot Shopping Center, Aspinall St. Prescot.
    Very disappointed that royal mail hep desk doesnt respond to complaints, BBC Business has replies as well as Ebay why not Royal Mail, is it beneath them to deal with the public?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

i’m sorry you had this experience at your local Post Office. We have raised this with our partners in Post Office Limited and they will ensure your local branch is aware of the correct process to handle Click & Drop Mail. The only items that cannot be presented at a local Post Office are items on the Royal Mail Tracked products which must be presented at a Royal Mail Customer Service Point

Click & Drop Support

14. Get delivery confirmation working again!!

Delivery confirmation has stopped working since this update on Tuesday 13th March! Is anyone at Royal Mail aware of this and how long before it is fixed?

For orders sent after the 14th I'm getting either a blank screen or a page I assume showing the delivery time but with all of the text fields missing. Other people are reporting that their delivery confirmation status has reverted back to "tracking not available for this service"

Whatever was done on the 13th has broken C&D because not only has the delivery confirmation stopped, but it is running slow, numerous error messages…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Barcode reference **** is not valid

Dear Click & Drop team,
    Since 13 March 2018 Delivery Confirmation is working on any CRL24 Large Letter bar codes.

We have sent around 100 Large Letter packages between 13 March 2018 and 22 March 2018 and when checking the delivery confirmation we are greeted with one of the following errors on the Track & Trace website:

1)A blank screen that says:

"Track and Trace - Track your Item
    Check the progress of your deliveries"

2) "Barcode reference **** is not valid"

3) "Tracking not available for this service"

Since the Delivery Confirmation was introduced for LL late last year…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please revert to the old system, Click & Drop is no use to me

It takes too long to buy postage now that there is no pre-pay account.

I can't print self adhesive labels any more

It uses a complete A4 sheet for each postage, which I now have to stick with glue or tape

No address book, so I have to input addresses manually every time

Because each postage transaction is invoiced separately I have to print many A4 receipts for my expenses, whereas with the pre-pay account I only needed to do this after topping up.

The only way I can resolve these problems is to go back to buying stamps and…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you are having difficulties in using Click & Drop. I’ll try to answer each of your comments:
    - We are aware that there is no pre-pay option as there was in Online Postage. However, it is possible to add funds to a Paypal account. We are aware that this may not be ideal for all customers, and we will keep you updated with any alternative payment methods as we have more information. Also, you can generate labels in batches which allows you to pay for them all at once, reducing the number of invoices produced.
    - It is possible to change the label template so that you can print onto adhesive labels. A guide on how to do this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-
    - An Address Book is available in Click & Drop and a guide on…

17. Search Facility to find orders quickly. It was available on DMO.

Search Facility to find orders quickly. It was available on DMO.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A disaster for personal customers - why change something that was OK

Click & Drop does not allow me to import my address book, my existing Avery 4 labels /page are now useless, my prepay account is lost. Hardly a step forward for personal customer. As a Personal User why change something that was meeting my needs for something that is a step backwards, I do not live near a Post Office, so online postage worked well for me.
    Can we not have a totally separate system for Personal Customers, suggest you look at the 'Le Poste' service in France.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your comment.

We are aware that the Click & Drop site has been misleading for some customers. We have taken onboard feedback received from customers with regard to this, and have made changes that we feel will help remove any confusion, and offers easy to use guides, and shortcuts, to the major functions of the site.

You have raised some specific issues that you have found with Click & Drop:

- Importing your Address Book: While there is a method to import your address book (please see the guide at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001848454-Importing-OLP-address-book-into-Click-Drop ) we do acknowledge that it is not a very user friendly process. As a result we are currently developing a better interface to import your address book, and we will keep you updated on this.

- 4 labels per page: It is possible to print up to 4 labels at once onto an A4 sheet.…

19. Address book

We would like to be able to save customers email and phone numbers to our address book. This was an option we used with DMO.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. revert back to old style Royal Mail labels which can be done two on a single A4 and transfer RM address book to click & collect account

click and drop is useless you need to revert to old rpyal mail labels so once again we can get two on a single A4 sheet, and return the senders address within label you also need to transfer address book to click and drop account for every customer, other wise this customer is going elsewhere

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for your comment.

It is possible to set the labels to print 2 per A4 page. A guide on how to set this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-

The process in which you can upload your address book can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001848454-Importing-OLP-address-book-into-Click-Drop . The guide also explains how you can export your address book from your Online Postage account, if you haven’t already done so. We are aware that this process is not ideal, and we are looking to create a dedicated Address Book Import function in the near future.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base