General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remember that Royal Mail is in the parcel and post business, not software

I have been looking at moving from DMO to Click and Drop, and surprise surprise find everything half-baked and missing huge amounts of information.

I need to understand what service codes I can use - there seems to be no list of service codes - and how they relate to the products in DMO.

Also, it appears from the angry comments in your Click and Drop forum, you have not yet seen fit to include basic functionality such as a simple flag for saying "Signature required on delivery".

You have spent time creating an inventory "do everything" system and have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Messages reappear after being deleted

There appears to be a bug when you delete a message (usually because the DropBox import has failed due to an invalid address). The message is removed but when you reload the page it reappears.

A way to delete all message would also be useful and/or view all message in an Inbox style screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Barcode reference is not valid

Getting the error "Barcode reference is not valid" on a CRL48 large letter - what does this mean?
    Has the item not been scanned anywhere on its journey?
    Has C&D generated a bad code?
    Item dispatched on 28/2/18, and I know there's been problems with snow, but it should have turned up by now.
    Any insights into what the error actually means?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Hi TIm,

This item has now been delivered. However, I will speak to the relevant team to find out why there was a delay in scanning the item on it’s journey.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

4. make the new service a bit easier than it now is.

After initial problems SmartStamp worked well - bought special labels then you changed to online that needed different special labels - got loads of them left now too. Now Click & Drop doesn't seem to work for casual ad hoc requirements and there is no indication what if any Avery standard labels are required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for posting. We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Click & Drop.

There are several label templates that can be selected, including 4 labels to an A4 page (while not specifically designed for this they are similar to the Avery label L7169) and integrated labels. A guide on how to change the label template can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

5. WHat about a simple option to print envelopes, as currently available on Online Postage?

Forget orders; what about personal users? Christmas Cards done for this year on the Old System and trialling this is ridiculous. How's about selecting from a stored simple address book; paying from your pre-paid account; and, printing onto envelopes? Oh, that's right; you're getting rid of that!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

An Address Book is available in Click & Drop and labels can be produced directly from each entry. A guide on the Address Book functionality can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001848454-Importing-OLP-address-book-into-Click-Drop

We are aware that there is no pre-pay account functionality , as there was on Online Posatage, however funds can be deposited into a Paypal account and used in a similar way.

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

6. Allow drop off in post boxes. I will now have to spend every lunch break going to the post office.

Even with Click & Drop using a Post Office in Central London is a nightmare! You still have to queue, plus travelling time means I now have to find 30-40 minutes out of my day, when all I had to do before was pop my packets into any post box. I work full time and have to run my business in my spare time which means I will now be spending every single one of my lunch breaks in the post office. I feel like crying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Bonnie

as long as you aren’t sending data into our Online Business Account and paying for your labels either through Paypal or as guest checkout, and also don’t need a proof of postage, then drop off at postbox is allowed.

Thanks

Click & Drop Support

7. CONFUSED ON AVERAGE WEIGHT

I was a RM oba customer using BPL and predominately LLetters.

I would calculate average weight and divide by items and put in the average weight in BPL.

I was told it would be better to move to CLick and Drop as it was the same and which i did.

Ive done exactly the same here. I rang Click and Drop support on three occasions and asked if i was doing right. Was given three sep advice.

1. Cant do average weight in click and drop.

2. Can only use CRL to do average weight in click and drop.

3. Can use BPL…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Avesha

unfortunately BPL is not an average weight product and using BPL in OBA in the way you described could cause issues when our Revenue Protection teams sample your mail. BPL should be presented in the different weight bands and Click & Drop ensures the data is presented in OBA accurately.

Click & Drop Support

8. Add postage service WW1

Service WW1 ("Intl Bus Mail Mixed Zero Sort Priority") is missing from Click and Drop but was available in DMO. We now have to use "Intl Bus Parcels Zone Sort Priority" instead. For a 70g parcel (typical size for our business) this works out to price increase of 43%! Please add WW1 as soon as possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No "Add To Address Book" button when creating labels.

This was on the old OLP system. Why is it not here with Click & Drop?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John

Click & Drop Supports this, when creating a manual order above the address box, there is an address book reference section. If you give the details you have entered at this point a reference, it is saved in the address book for future use.

Click & Drop Support

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John

we’re sorry you feel this way, however within the address book section of Click & Drop, in the header row at the side of each column of data, there is a funnel which allows you to search for the entry you are looking for. This filter allows you to search on your address book reference, the name of the person you are sending an item too, the shipping address or the billing address. Once you have filtered by the relevant data you can then choose to create an order directly from the Address Book.

We are constantly looking to improve Click & Drop so if you feel additional search capabilities are needed, please let us know where you feel this is needed and we will consider this for future releases.

Click & Drop Support

12. Why is there no International Economy?

International Economy is needed on Click & Drop as it was in the old system. Unless you haul small parcels to the post office, it's cheaper to use alternative parcel services and pay a little more and get it collected!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. You’ll be pleased to hear that International Economy is now available on Click & Drop.

If you are having issues in seeing this service then please contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

13. search

Being able to search for a name or address that you have already sent when you are looking for a previous order, DMO search wasn't the best but is miles better than this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. is there a way to find a single order

is their a way to find a single label at a time,like on dmo you could put the 1st 3 digits of the post code in select postal code select a date time frame press search it took me to the label, i can not find anything like this on click and drop and is something that is needed, i cannot be searching through 600 orders to cancel or edit 1 order

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Click and Drop Personal User-friendly

Personal users need a simple address book that does not have to be connected to non-existent 'orders'
    We need to be able to print single labels in any position from on an A4 sheet of 4, or direct onto an envelope
    A pre-payment system would be nice (but PayPal makes it easy to do one-offs)
    What could you call this great service? How about Online Postage?
    Wait, we already have this - but it's being shut down!
    From March 2018 it will be easier for us to go and stand in the long queue at the Post Office

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. To be able to click on a persons address in the book and it transfers the details onto create postage

To be able to click on your address book and to create postage for one of them, it does not carry over the details of that person in the address book, it all has to be input again, thus making a simple process hard work, this used to work for me beforehand, why change something that was working perfectly well beforehand. This click and drop really is not for the better for personal customers. Totally dissappointed with your new system

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for your comment. The functionality to create postage from an address book entry is available. This can be done by clicking the “Create Order” button next to the address book entry that you want to use (please note that the term “order” is just a means of creating postage and does not require any order items to be entered).

When this is done the address book details should then copy across so that you do not have to enter any details.

I hope this helps with the issue you are having, but if you require further information please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com or reply to this post.

Thank you
    The Click & Drop Team

17. Signed up but got a business account instead of a personal account.

Once in the business account I didn't want, I am then stuck as there are no links to access the actual postage section to send any mail. You have to exit and go in as a guest to see anything that resembles postage. Get this fixed so I can delete this business account and make it simpler to use. If you're changing over all users, you are going to have a lot of confused customers who may just go elsewhere.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi themaestro023,

Thank you for your comment.

We are aware that the registration process, and the initial dashboard view of Click & Drop has been misleading for some customers.

We have taken onboard feedback received from customers with regard to this and are in the process of preparing an update that will offer help for, and shortcuts to, the major functions of the site.

The account that you have set up can be used if you are a business or personal user, so please do not think that you have to delete your current account.

If you are only looking to send the occasional item then the “Get started now” option at https://parcel.royalmail.com/ will allow you to enter one off details.

Should you require any help in using the site please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com or on (0345) 6113 425

Regards
    The Click &…

18. Go back to the old system. It is far superior.

This system is clearly designed (I use the term loosely) purely for business users with high volumes of postage.

I was an occasional (but fairly regular) user of the old system which is far better.

The address book functionality of the old system was better, but my main complaint is label printing. I have normal common-or-garden Avery style labels 4 to a page. With the old system I could simply generate the postage, pay for it and print to any one of the four positions on the page. It worked perfectly. No waste. The label it generated was just the…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. No support for people that just want to print labels (not ebay sellers)

I have used your old on-line postage system (being phased out in 2018) for several years and it works extremely well. I have an address book to store frequently used addresses in, I can load up my account with money so I don’t need to pay by credit card each time I post something. And it prints Avery format labels (4 per sheet) so I don’t need to mess around with taping down paper labels. It is fast efficient and easy to use.

I am really struggling with Click and Drop. If I use it without an account I have…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. printed papers

In OBA we can send Printed Papers up to 5kg internationally, but that option is not in Click and Drop.
    We do need this, can you please advise how we go about doing this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

You will be pleased to hear that the option to send Printed Papers (Documents) from Click & Drop is now available.

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base