General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Long address not printed on a label but showing ....

Include more symbols on a label for address

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add some info to distinguish between letter and large letter on the label

Please add some info to distinguish between letter and large letter on the label

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.
    The changes to include package sizes and prices are being implemented across all Royal Mail labels, and not just labels produced via Click & Drop.
    These changes are not due to customer feedback from this UserVoice website but are to are to ensure we can process the items operationally as efficiently as possible using our automation technologies. As such, we do not plan to make this change optional.
    Click & Drop allows weights and formats to be recorded at SKU level meaning our customers should only need to weigh their items once.

Kind regards,
    Click & Drop support

3. just let us buy the post online with out all the click and drop nonsense

its realy good idea you go online pick a postage service and pay a label is generated and you print it,

what is the point of click and drip for the private sector and why do i keep being transfered to click and drop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show the 'Package Size' on the shipping label

Currently the Lables do not show the Package Size - so when we get the odd problem with our manifest not matching the number of items in a category, its impossible to tell which ones are at fault.

Can you consider just adding the Package Size please - it would make errors easier to spot.

For example I had one less Large Letter and one extra Small Parcel the other day - your system had decided a multiple quantity order would be Large Letter when it was in fact just over-sized and was packaged as a Small Parcel - luckily…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.
    The changes to include package sizes and prices are being implemented across all Royal Mail labels, and not just labels produced via Click & Drop.
    These changes are not due to customer feedback from this UserVoice website but are to are to ensure we can process the items operationally as efficiently as possible using our automation technologies. As such, we do not plan to make this change optional.
    Click & Drop allows weights and formats to be recorded at SKU level meaning our customers should only need to weigh their items once.

Kind regards,
    Click & Drop support

5. customs label date and signature auto completed

As someone who posts hundreds of items to the USA it is annoying to have to date and sign each customs label by a pen, when the date can easily be generated and printed onto the customs label and a signature can be uploaded to click and drop and printed onto customs labels automatically similar to how Amazon handle custom labels.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give option to disable abbreviation of 'building', 'road', 'gardens', 'street', etc.

The click and drop label rendering system has started changing parts of the addresses automatically from full words to abbreviations (BLDG, RD, ST).
    Within the UK this might be fine. But for non-english countries, the foreign delivery person may have an easier time translating an ACTUAL WORD, rather than trying to interpret an abbreviation of a foreign word.
    Why isn't there some clear option to disable this tampering with the delivery address information...?
    It also affects instructions added within the address.
    And 'RD' is an acronym for several things that are used in foreign addresses already.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Populate CN23

Why is it that you have done all the work for populating the CN23 for the pre electronic information yet you have not bothered to have it populate all the required fields such as the sender and the recipient ? It seem obvious to have these populated as the information is there. Alos the category is a required field so why can we not populate that from any import?
    The current version of the CN23 means that every one has to have handwritten information added making them look untidy and time consuming to fill in our details and the customer…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix the BUGS!

I used it with the latest Chrome Browser (as recommended) and Windows 10 (as recommended) and the web interface WOULD NOT (display, download or) print my postage label.

Suggestion 1 - make the application work properly. It managed to create and download my proof of postage form ok, so no reason it could not have similarly produced my postage label.

Suggestion 2 - provide freephone help! To add insult to injury, I then had to pay a shedload of premium rate call costs while a (very nice) lady helped me to get a label (by using the UNrecommended browser!). A…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a Repeat / Duplicate of Previous Order

Often I need to repeat a previous order (e.g Item lost/wrong item sent/ faulty item sent) - Instead of having to create a manual order from scratch it would be great to be able to select the original Order No and in 'Next Action' box be able to select 'Create New Duplicate Order'

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your suggestions. We have recently implemented our ‘Clone order’ functionality which covers the basics of creating repeat/duplicate orders, and we are continuing to work on more improvements to manual order creation in the future.

10. make sure only services actually available in a country appear on the services list

When generating labels to international customers, the list seems to have every service on it, even ones that are not actually available to a country.

This has been a glitch in the past and was fixed, but it seems to have come back and although I emailed someone about it twice, a month later it's still happening.
    I can't keep having to look up which tracked/signed services are available to a country every time I do a label.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Customs Data Electronic Advanced Notification

Can you please advise us when the automatic submission of customs data to other countries goes live. I note that as you are still unable to edit/change products once added to an order, or unable to split an order, much of the product data that is attached to my international labels is incorrect. I just override the weight to be the correct value and leave the incorrect product information as is and hand write a CN22 form. So, given the product information, when submitted electronically by RM on behalf of the sender is a legal declaration of the contents of…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Let us edit/add products to orders

Currently, we can edit an address for an order imported or even added manually. Yet we cannot amend the product details?

We need to be able to add, remove or simply edit the products that are linked to a particular order because.... customers often change their mind!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Click & Drop Desktop - only 50 orders can be imported at a time - why?

Installed C&D Desktop last night. Logged on this morning, 99 orders to print out. File is uploaded to Desktop, nothing happens. I have a look in the "Errors" folder to find you can only upload csv files with 50 rows in.

I never had this problem with Dropbox - and it's a bit worrying if your system can't handle more than 50 orders at once (we'll have 400+ per day in the few weeks leading up to Christmas)

Back to Dropbox I go until this gets fixed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Print on sticky labels

Enable label printing on 4 per page labels like you used to on the previous service. 1 per A4 sheet is TERRIBLY wasteful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Landscape DL Envelope Format

I have been an online postage customer for a number of years whilst representing a number businesses. Prior to "Online Postage", I used "SmartStamp". I found both offerings to be extremely beneficial in the sending of business mail.

I note that online postage is being replaced in 2018 and the only option will be to use Click & Drop.

Whilst Click & Drop seems an excellent option for traders using the eBay and other marketplaces, I rarely buy and sell products and simply use the Royal Mail website for business mail. As a result, purchasing dispatch note labels is of…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004554734-Latest-release-information-Online-Business-Account-customers-

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001157233-Latest-release-information-Personal-account-customers-

16. Populate CN22 Forms From Uploaded Products/Auto-Populate from API

We currently have the value added and 'other' selected by Click & Drop by default but adding the product description (linked to the SKU?) and weight (already stored) would save a lot of time. The SKU appears on shipping label already so there is some form of integration.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Selecting the position of a label to be printed

In the, soon to be defunct, On Line Postage system you are able to click to tell the 'system' which label position on a sheet of 2 or 4 you would like to print. Why have you gone back to the ark by not having this on Click and Drop? I run a very small business and have sporadic orders. I have logoed labels. At the moment I just click on the label position I want to use in the On Line Postage system and it's printed out. Lovely! I tried the Click and Drop system today...if I want to…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re pleased to announce this functionality is now available for customers accessing Click & Drop with Paypal. To access this feature, click on settings and templates, choose the A4 template and 4 per A4 option. You will then be given the choice of where to start printing when you print your label.

Thanks for you patience whilst we delivered this feature.

Click & Drop Support

18. Have a stand alone option for Tracked Returns labels

Apologies if this has already been put forward, however, after being a DMO user for many years, there are some features that are disappointing not available on Click & Drop and one is the ability to just print a generic tracked returns label. It seems you can only do this against an order that has been created which means it populates that customers return address which is no good when we need it for a totally different customer. We are having to run DMO alongside this just so we can print standard returns labels

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customer Delivery Instructions Printed on Parcel Labels

It seems incredibly bizarre that this does not already exist. It would be pertinent to include the customer delivery instructions on the printed address label. Many of our customers have special places to leave a parcel, I foresee a number of avoidable re-deliveries, especially if not implemented prior to the Christmas season.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Currently the Royal Mail Account Terms and Conditions only allow the display of delivery instructions on Tracked Services. This is due to the agreement between account holders and Royal Mail, and the Safe Place Capabilities.

In order to have Delivery Instructions displayed on a label Tracked Services, such as Tracked 24 or Tracked 48, should be used. If you don’t currently have access to these services, you can request them by contacting your Royal Mail Sales contact or the Support Team on 08457 950 950.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

20. All I want to do is print a DL envelope

All I want to do is send a letter... I don't want a dispatch note. I don't want to harmonise codes. I don't want to squish a landscape 6 x 4 (inches? come on...) on to a DL. All I want to do is post a business letter. Please. Royal Mail...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We are aware that the Click & Drop site can be confusing for some customers who just require single postage.

We have been working to improve the help on the site, as well as improved documentation, based on feedback like this from our customers.

It may be that using the Get Started Now button on the main https://parcel.royalmail.com/ page is more suited for your needs. This will take you through a step by step process to produce a single label which can be printed directly on an envelope, label, or plain paper.

If you have registered and logged in, then please be aware that you will need to use the Create Order button to create a single label. We are aware that the use of the word “Order” can be misleading, but you do only need to enter the package dimensions and recipients details.…

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base