General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. customs label date and signature auto completed

As someone who posts hundreds of items to the USA it is annoying to have to date and sign each customs label by a pen, when the date can easily be generated and printed onto the customs label and a signature can be uploaded to click and drop and printed onto customs labels automatically similar to how Amazon handle custom labels.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give option to disable abbreviation of 'building', 'road', 'gardens', 'street', etc.

The click and drop label rendering system has started changing parts of the addresses automatically from full words to abbreviations (BLDG, RD, ST).
    Within the UK this might be fine. But for non-english countries, the foreign delivery person may have an easier time translating an ACTUAL WORD, rather than trying to interpret an abbreviation of a foreign word.
    Why isn't there some clear option to disable this tampering with the delivery address information...?
    It also affects instructions added within the address.
    And 'RD' is an acronym for several things that are used in foreign addresses already.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the BUGS!

I used it with the latest Chrome Browser (as recommended) and Windows 10 (as recommended) and the web interface WOULD NOT (display, download or) print my postage label.

Suggestion 1 - make the application work properly. It managed to create and download my proof of postage form ok, so no reason it could not have similarly produced my postage label.

Suggestion 2 - provide freephone help! To add insult to injury, I then had to pay a shedload of premium rate call costs while a (very nice) lady helped me to get a label (by using the UNrecommended browser!). A…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a Repeat / Duplicate of Previous Order

Often I need to repeat a previous order (e.g Item lost/wrong item sent/ faulty item sent) - Instead of having to create a manual order from scratch it would be great to be able to select the original Order No and in 'Next Action' box be able to select 'Create New Duplicate Order'

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your suggestions. We have recently implemented our ‘Clone order’ functionality which covers the basics of creating repeat/duplicate orders, and we are continuing to work on more improvements to manual order creation in the future.

5. make sure only services actually available in a country appear on the services list

When generating labels to international customers, the list seems to have every service on it, even ones that are not actually available to a country.

This has been a glitch in the past and was fixed, but it seems to have come back and although I emailed someone about it twice, a month later it's still happening.
    I can't keep having to look up which tracked/signed services are available to a country every time I do a label.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Landscape DL Envelope Format

I have been an online postage customer for a number of years whilst representing a number businesses. Prior to "Online Postage", I used "SmartStamp". I found both offerings to be extremely beneficial in the sending of business mail.

I note that online postage is being replaced in 2018 and the only option will be to use Click & Drop.

Whilst Click & Drop seems an excellent option for traders using the eBay and other marketplaces, I rarely buy and sell products and simply use the Royal Mail website for business mail. As a result, purchasing dispatch note labels is of…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004554734-Latest-release-information-Online-Business-Account-customers-

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001157233-Latest-release-information-Personal-account-customers-

7. Print on sticky labels

Enable label printing on 4 per page labels like you used to on the previous service. 1 per A4 sheet is TERRIBLY wasteful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Selecting the position of a label to be printed

In the, soon to be defunct, On Line Postage system you are able to click to tell the 'system' which label position on a sheet of 2 or 4 you would like to print. Why have you gone back to the ark by not having this on Click and Drop? I run a very small business and have sporadic orders. I have logoed labels. At the moment I just click on the label position I want to use in the On Line Postage system and it's printed out. Lovely! I tried the Click and Drop system today...if I want to…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re pleased to announce this functionality is now available for customers accessing Click & Drop with Paypal. To access this feature, click on settings and templates, choose the A4 template and 4 per A4 option. You will then be given the choice of where to start printing when you print your label.

Thanks for you patience whilst we delivered this feature.

Click & Drop Support

9. Have a stand alone option for Tracked Returns labels

Apologies if this has already been put forward, however, after being a DMO user for many years, there are some features that are disappointing not available on Click & Drop and one is the ability to just print a generic tracked returns label. It seems you can only do this against an order that has been created which means it populates that customers return address which is no good when we need it for a totally different customer. We are having to run DMO alongside this just so we can print standard returns labels

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. All I want to do is print a DL envelope

All I want to do is send a letter... I don't want a dispatch note. I don't want to harmonise codes. I don't want to squish a landscape 6 x 4 (inches? come on...) on to a DL. All I want to do is post a business letter. Please. Royal Mail...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We are aware that the Click & Drop site can be confusing for some customers who just require single postage.

We have been working to improve the help on the site, as well as improved documentation, based on feedback like this from our customers.

It may be that using the Get Started Now button on the main https://parcel.royalmail.com/ page is more suited for your needs. This will take you through a step by step process to produce a single label which can be printed directly on an envelope, label, or plain paper.

If you have registered and logged in, then please be aware that you will need to use the Create Order button to create a single label. We are aware that the use of the word “Order” can be misleading, but you do only need to enter the package dimensions and recipients details.…

11. Cn22

CN22 generation is very weak. It doesnt seem to be automated with the label. There are 7 fields to fill in on a CN22 not including the user signature. Royal Mail has ALL the information to put in these fields and chooses to populate ONE field. WHY? What is the point!! Why did you bother. LOL

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show pricing before you generate label

New to C&D and not sure if I am missing something. It makes perfect sense to see the price of the postage you are applying (or has been automatically applied) before you generate the label to avoid errors. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your comment. You aren’t missing anything with regard to viewing the prices before generating labels.

Unfortunately, due to the way that pricing is calculated for OBA accounts it isn’t possible to show the price of an individual label, as the price is calculated at the end of day manifesting stage, and is based on all of the items sent for that day.

The price is now displayed once manifesting has been carried out, so that you are aware of what will be added to you OBA account each day.

I hope this of help, but should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

13. We would like to be able customize the packing slips that go with the parcels. We would like to include our logo, company address, customer

We would like to be able customize the packing slips that go with the parcels. We would like to include our logo, company address, customer care number etc.
    Many thanks

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 4 Labels per A4 Sheet - CUSTOM

Make label generation like myhermes so 4 Labels per A4 Sheet instead of a label per A4 - Click and Drop is really getting there and will be the best in the market with some more tweaks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have updated Click & Drop this morning to allow this capability. If you open the settings tab in Click & Drop and then choose templates, the 4 labels can be chosen by clicking on the drop down on the A4 section in Click & Drop

Regards

Click & Drop Support

15. Why is it one order/postage per page?

I used to be able to print 4 labels on 1 page but can't see how I can do this on Click & Drop.
    I don't want to waste a whole page for 1 label.
    Is there another way?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

You can select the label settings in the template settings and choose the A4 option and then choose whether to print 1, 2 or 4 labels on a page. In late October / early November this format will also allow the label position of the first label to be printed similar to that contained in Online Postage currently, this feature has been developed following requests from the user voice.

The help content below explains label templates

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7448/kw/Click%20%26%20Drop/session/L3RpbWUvMTUwODQ0MTE3My9zaWQvZlVTcTVPdmR2X2VjMF8xVVdtTHE3c29DQU92VnNiUmFIdHRUU1lEOEJKS29WNEltQ3FXb3NMeWZRNURmWExBNFpONXolN0VaQVU0M1dIZ3p1TWZHWFpOb3l2dHJQNEd1T2FfT29iejVWeFNoYnN1VjE4ZzlDUXFuQUElMjElMjE%3D

Kind regards

Click & Drop Support

16. Have the ability to print labels in a specific order

I would like to be able to sort the labels prior to printing to make the matching excerise easier (for example alphabetical order). A similar sort facility as to that on the front screen would be great.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Page settings. 50 - 500,

If i set the page to 500 i want it left at 500. EVERY time i have to change this. with orders over the weekend 500 is needed.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. VAT invoice

It would be good if we could generate a VAT invoice

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Generate the shipping label and despatch notes together for each order in a single pdf

Generate the shipping labels and despatch notes in a single pdf, instead of 2 seperate ones. The shipping label and despatch note for each order should come together rather than all the shipping labels followed by all the despatch notes.

This is for the 6x4 labels using the Zebra GK420d printer.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base