General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return address on label resize looks terrible

Last night there's been an update. This morning I've seen what it is. The return address has been increased in size. It looks TERRIBLE. Also in the past there's been many reroutes due to machines misinterpreting where mail is to go and sending stuff back to return address. Surely this will just exacerbate this? While on the subject of labels the little hand scanner symbol below the return address really needs to be higher resolution most label printers can do 200 dpi with 300 being the norm and that symbol looks to be less than 70dpi

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Combine or Merge orders

A function to merge orders.

Functionality:

You checkbox the orders you wish to combine then select the function from the lower right dropdown and products from both would pull into one order. Validation on address match would be necessary. Reference to original orders would need to be retained as they will need to post through to despatch on the sales channel(s) in question.

Another way to approach the logic might be to simply allow the despatch of multiple orders as one despatch.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your suggestions, but we have decided to decline this feature request. While it has some limited order management functionality, Click & Drop was designed primarily as a shipping solution, instead of an order management solution.
    We are looking to introduce the ability to specify more than one unique label per order, which along with our existing clone order functionality, will cover the basics needed to get the right number of labels for your eCommerce orders.

3. Despatch/Pick list not printing

Over the past week or so, we no longer get the despatch note label printing out along with the postage label.
    Using a Zebra GK420D with auo print, it used to just churn out both labels per order, now even if I go to regenerate labels, only the postage one comes out.
    I have checked settings, and all appears to be set for 6x4 labels for everything.
    Anything I may have missed or is this broken for others too?
    I have tried signing out and back in, turning off auto-print, our of ideas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Portugal and Customs Labels

It seems to be an error - I produced postage labels for 8 items today - one of which was going to Lisboa in Portugal. For some reason a CN22 form was also generated!

I thought Portugal was still in the EU....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New update (end Oct) enabled logo to be added to shipping label

Has anyone else found that logo is only adds to Amazon orders. We found that orders generated via Ebay are not adding logo to shipping label.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. If multiple SKU weigh more then 2 kg should be allow to split it

If 2 different SKU combined order weight 2.4 Kg it should be give a separation of that 2 SKU and make is Parcel 1 and Parcel 2 added to
    Order id and also buyer notify that there is multiple parcels.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.
    Unfortunately, the kind of functionality you are suggesting is quite sophisticated. Click & Drop is a free service, and as such will never have the same functionality as some subscription based order management solutions.

7. Automatically reprint label after changing address

When I edit an address, why do I then have to select it and click on "Re-generate labels" at the bottom of the screen to get it to print out?

Surely the whole reason for editing an address is to generate a new label, otherwise why would it need editing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, forcing the system to reprint the label may cause other customers to use paper and ink unnecessarily, and this is the reason why offer the ‘re-generate label’ function, so you can control when your own labels are produced.

8. Multiple parcels, same order

We frequently have orders too big for one box under the Royal Mail 2nd class weight limit, so often choose to ship these in two boxes 2nd class instead of one box 1st class (even if sending first class, we may need to split into multiple boxes). With DMO this was no issue, you simply entered the weight of the second box and bingo, 2 labels generated. Doesn't seem to be the option with Click n Drop, so we have to manually create another label. Please can this be reinstated?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thanks for your suggestions. Our system usually assumes that one order will equal one package. We are working on the ability to combine and merge orders, and we also offer you the functionality to save customer details to your address book so that you can quickly create a new label for the same address.

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Charge when label used

Only charge for the label ONCE scanned as delivered.
    This would mean that RM management would MAKE Sure that all posties scan the items at the delivery point.
    No Scan. No pay.
    We get so many Item not received cases and of course the delivery confirmation just shows "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item"

The 2d Delivery Confirmation is great but only when it's actually scanned!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Labels not generatign this morning

The software isnt working today,

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Multiple lables to be produced per consignment. - we regularly have more than one parcel going to the same address.

Old system used to ask how many labels you required, we regularly have more than one label per address. having to re type the same label over and over is wasting time and proves problematic trying to track multiple consignments to the same address,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. Our system usually assumes that one order will equal one package. We are working on the ability to combine and merge orders, and we also offer you the functionality to save customer details to your address book so that you can quickly create a new label for the same address.

13. Help! CN22s with imported orders are including shipping costs in the total goods column.

There is a glitch that Royal Mail Click and Drop IT are aware of. The CN22s are suddenly including shipping costs in the total goods box for orders correctly imported by .csv file. It was reported last week (w/e 12/10/18) and I have chased it but 3-4 working days later it still has not been rectified. We were urged to spend huge amounts of time and money ensuring we were compliant with Royal Mail regulations for printing out CN22s via Click and Drop. We are now told we cannot use any part of the CN22s until fixed. We have to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why can't we reuse address details

I import orderS from Amazon & ebay but sometimes I want to reuse the address details to create another label. Say for example if someone wants a replacement item sent.

Why is it not possible to do this? Why do I have to enter the details manually, and after inputting the info why is the manual entry system so useless that it wants me to enter the details AGAIN!

Royal mail please sort this out, it's driving me nuts.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank for you your suggestion. As Cassie75 mentions below, we do currently allow you to create a new address book entry.

However, we are considering how to improve this process, particularly with cloning, splitting, and merging orders. So this functionality might help you.

For more information on our address book functionality, please see this guide: https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001190473-How-to-create-a-manual-order-from-your-address-book

15. Being able to CANCEL orders so they do not sit in new orders.

We are now sitting with orders that have been cancelled by customers before shipping still showing as new and it is getting messy. Ever who came up with this clearly does not dispatch lots of orders and never thought it through. People cancel orders ALL the time, we need a clean interface to work from. This is now just a mess

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. allow product name to appear on 6 x 4 label

Have the option to display the product name on 6 x 4 labels. It would make my job much easier

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, in order to protect the confidentiality of the contents of your packages we will not be updating Click & Drop to allow this. Click & drop does allow for an integrated label and pick and pack note, or separate pick and pack note to the 6*4 label which if used with the SKU details should hopefully address the problem you are having.

Click & Drop

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base