General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add automation. Our warehouse operators need to scan an item and have the docs come out the printer. Not go through a pedestrian ssytem of u

Our warehouse operators need to be able to scan in an item/order code and have a ticket come out. We have a system to do this with UPS, with Laposte, with Direct Link and pretty much any other courier.

Click and drop is so horribly pedestrian its going to be a nightmare to work with. We're not allowed to have DMO (a seemingly more robust professional system from what i've seen) and are now stuck with this system.
    We cant even search (by default) on our own order reference - and the fact that we have to import our orders…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Gary

we’re sorry you believe this capability is not possible and have not been given the accurate advice in relation to Click & Drop’s functionality.

Within Click & Drop you have a number ways of getting orders into the application, this can be direct integration into a number of marketplaces and using the marketplace assigned order number, or manually or automatically importing a file with a number of fields you can map including your own order number which then is assigned to the order and is searchable or you can use the scan and print capability in Click & Drop to scan the order reference and print the order. The automated import of files is used by using the Dropbox integration and works faster and in a more secure way than that of DMO, for example a file can be auto imported in 2 seconds from being placed…

2. labels not printing all the info

There are several problems with labels & manual order generation at the moment.
    1 - If you add a "title" as requested in the manually generated order page, it is NOT printed. So what is the point?
    2 - There is an option to add customer delivery instructions. It is NOT printed. So what is the point?
    3 - When you generate an order and put in a reference from the address book (which has the name included) the name does not come across and you have to put it in yourself
    4 - There are 2 big spaces on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customer Service Contact Details - Not showing on dispatch note

We have added, telephone number, e-mail & web address, but these do not show on dispatch note as suggested they would in the localized help on the trading name details page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. unpaid eBay orders appearing in Click & Drop

Yesterday (25th October 2017) I noticed that an eBay order which hasn't been paid for yet has appeared in Click & Drop. This is very worrying as I usually rely on the fact that orders would only appear when they were ready to be dispatched. It was lucky I spotted the problem as we nearly posted an order which hadn't been paid for

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable auto customs label printing for the Channel Islands

Currently their is a function to automatically product a customs label when one is required. However it does not work for Channel Island orders which do require customs labels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide the tracking we were promised over 12 months ago for LARGE LETTERS

95% of my postings are large letters, I was talked into switching to Click and Drop in 2016, even though I said I mainly send large letters. RM said no problem

12 months later STILL waiting every time I ask, the reply its coming soon.

I am being scammed daily by claims of non receipt, cant use signed for as most products £9.99, so would eat up all of my profit.

PLEASE sort this out NOW Royal Mail !!!

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Delivery confirmation on large letters for OBA customers has now been activated in Click & Drop and customers can now see the delivery confirmation number in the tracking ID field and click to see the delivery status in our tracking systems. This is also fed to marketplaces if mark as despatched is selected and also in the reports area within Click & Drop.

Click & Drop Support

7. Why is it one order/postage per page?

I used to be able to print 4 labels on 1 page but can't see how I can do this on Click & Drop.
    I don't want to waste a whole page for 1 label.
    Is there another way?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

You can select the label settings in the template settings and choose the A4 option and then choose whether to print 1, 2 or 4 labels on a page. In late October / early November this format will also allow the label position of the first label to be printed similar to that contained in Online Postage currently, this feature has been developed following requests from the user voice.

The help content below explains label templates

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7448/kw/Click%20%26%20Drop/session/L3RpbWUvMTUwODQ0MTE3My9zaWQvZlVTcTVPdmR2X2VjMF8xVVdtTHE3c29DQU92VnNiUmFIdHRUU1lEOEJKS29WNEltQ3FXb3NMeWZRNURmWExBNFpONXolN0VaQVU0M1dIZ3p1TWZHWFpOb3l2dHJQNEd1T2FfT29iejVWeFNoYnN1VjE4ZzlDUXFuQUElMjElMjE%3D

Kind regards

Click & Drop Support

8. Actually listen to feedback

For months now, people have been asking for certain features - one of the most popular being to be able to choose the position of the printed label to be used, on our sheet of four A6 labels.

Has the computer progamming company gone bankrupt? You need to implement this NOW. You need to listen to your customers and implement ALL feedback requests.

Get your fingers out.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stick with the old OLP system until the user can nominate label position

I won't be using the new 'Click and Drop' system until nominating the label position (1 to 4) is sorted. Shame on Royal Mail for being so wasteful. I am a business, but send out low frequency, high value items anywhere from 1 to 20 a day. I'll be using OLP until I hear that the system has changed!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

I’m pleased to let you know that the functionality to select where on an A4 sheet of labels a single label should be printed, is now live and available to use on Click & Drop.

Should you have any queries with regard to this feature please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team.

Thanks
    Click & Drop Team

10. Can anyone tell me when you are charged for the stamp?

Occasionally we have someone put through multiple orders separately on eBay. When this happen I often don't spot it until I'm packing. So say they had 3 orders. I've created 3 stamps for them. What I have been doing is using one stamp for all the orders and then binning the extra and deleting them on C&D. Will I still be charged for the stamps not used?

Also occasionally I have to alter postage after I've packed the item. So I go on C&D, reapply postage, reprint the stamp and add it to the order. Am I being charged twice…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The Zip code should come AFTER the city, not BEFORE

When generating a label, the Zip code comes beforer the city. I always though convention dictated the Zip code comes last. For example

First Lastname
    1, Address St.

PITTSBURGH
    PA 15220, USA

Comes out as:

First Lastname
    1, Address St.
    PA 15220, PITTSBURGH
    USA

This always happens even if try to edit before label printing.
    Correct, looks to you does it?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Populate CN22 Forms From Uploaded Products/Auto-Populate from API

We currently have the value added and 'other' selected by Click & Drop by default but adding the product description (linked to the SKU?) and weight (already stored) would save a lot of time. The SKU appears on shipping label already so there is some form of integration.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Go back to the old system. It is far superior.

This system is clearly designed (I use the term loosely) purely for business users with high volumes of postage.

I was an occasional (but fairly regular) user of the old system which is far better.

The address book functionality of the old system was better, but my main complaint is label printing. I have normal common-or-garden Avery style labels 4 to a page. With the old system I could simply generate the postage, pay for it and print to any one of the four positions on the page. It worked perfectly. No waste. The label it generated was just the…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sort registration

Sort out registration process: won't allow my [correct] postcode however entered: caps lower case spaces or not

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Customer Delivery Instructions Printed on Parcel Labels

It seems incredibly bizarre that this does not already exist. It would be pertinent to include the customer delivery instructions on the printed address label. Many of our customers have special places to leave a parcel, I foresee a number of avoidable re-deliveries, especially if not implemented prior to the Christmas season.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Currently the Royal Mail Account Terms and Conditions only allow the display of delivery instructions on Tracked Services. This is due to the agreement between account holders and Royal Mail, and the Safe Place Capabilities.

In order to have Delivery Instructions displayed on a label Tracked Services, such as Tracked 24 or Tracked 48, should be used. If you don’t currently have access to these services, you can request them by contacting your Royal Mail Sales contact or the Support Team on 08457 950 950.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

16. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  New Marketplace Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I have been using the old version of online postage for a number of years and this one has now beaten me - I have no idea how I can use it.

I am trying to create some online postage - not from Ebay or anything like that - just to send a large letter which I have been doing for years. I've had to give up as I just cannot work out how to do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

to create a label without downloading an order from a marketplace, first choose your label setting by clicking on templates and choosing the label size you want, if you just want a standard label choose the 6*4 at the bottom of the template screen.

Then once you have decided on your label template, click on orders and create order. Then fill in your address details of the label you want to send the item to and click on apply postage. Then enter the weight and choose the format so in your example you would choose large letter, then choose the postage rate you want to pay depending on class and if you want any signature.

The help content below explains how to create a manual order.

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1294/kw/Click%20%26%20Drop

Click & Drop Support

18. Developer documentation for CSV import format please

I can't find any documentation on what to call the fields for automatic import

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mailing bags again

Sort this out please we have been waiting for 3 mailing sack orders now and have rung still nothing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please don't tell us that integration with a partner is now live until it really is.

As an OBA customer I received a leaflet this week telling me that integration with Notonthehighstreet is now live. Not so!
    Please advertise launch dates instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base