General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Single "end of day button

We're migrating from DMO, which has an easy single-button "end of day" process. I know that C&D as the "Manifest" option, but without meaning to be rude to my users, it's testing their brainpower.

Please could you enable a single button end of day process which manifests all orders produced since the last end of day.

thank you

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove additional information from shipping label

I only need to print the label. The old system was fine for that.

The new system creates a letter head and duplicates the shipping information at the top of the page. With multiple labels to produce that is a phenomenal waste of ink (which isn't cheap).

Please remove all this unnecessary information and/or give it as an option only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please revert to the old system, Click & Drop is no use to me

It takes too long to buy postage now that there is no pre-pay account.

I can't print self adhesive labels any more

It uses a complete A4 sheet for each postage, which I now have to stick with glue or tape

No address book, so I have to input addresses manually every time

Because each postage transaction is invoiced separately I have to print many A4 receipts for my expenses, whereas with the pre-pay account I only needed to do this after topping up.

The only way I can resolve these problems is to go back to buying stamps and…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you are having difficulties in using Click & Drop. I’ll try to answer each of your comments:
    - We are aware that there is no pre-pay option as there was in Online Postage. However, it is possible to add funds to a Paypal account. We are aware that this may not be ideal for all customers, and we will keep you updated with any alternative payment methods as we have more information. Also, you can generate labels in batches which allows you to pay for them all at once, reducing the number of invoices produced.
    - It is possible to change the label template so that you can print onto adhesive labels. A guide on how to do this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-
    - An Address Book is available in Click & Drop and a guide on…

4. All I want to do is print a DL envelope

All I want to do is send a letter... I don't want a dispatch note. I don't want to harmonise codes. I don't want to squish a landscape 6 x 4 (inches? come on...) on to a DL. All I want to do is post a business letter. Please. Royal Mail...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We are aware that the Click & Drop site can be confusing for some customers who just require single postage.

We have been working to improve the help on the site, as well as improved documentation, based on feedback like this from our customers.

It may be that using the Get Started Now button on the main https://parcel.royalmail.com/ page is more suited for your needs. This will take you through a step by step process to produce a single label which can be printed directly on an envelope, label, or plain paper.

If you have registered and logged in, then please be aware that you will need to use the Create Order button to create a single label. We are aware that the use of the word “Order” can be misleading, but you do only need to enter the package dimensions and recipients details.…

5. Labels

This just doesn't work and we cannot print on labels as before. We now have to print a whole A4 page and fold into shipping document envelope.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear of the difficulty you have been having using Click & Drop.

It is possible to change the label template to suit several different print media types. A guide for this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

6. is there a way to find a single order

is their a way to find a single label at a time,like on dmo you could put the 1st 3 digits of the post code in select postal code select a date time frame press search it took me to the label, i can not find anything like this on click and drop and is something that is needed, i cannot be searching through 600 orders to cancel or edit 1 order

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why is there no International Economy?

International Economy is needed on Click & Drop as it was in the old system. Unless you haul small parcels to the post office, it's cheaper to use alternative parcel services and pay a little more and get it collected!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. You’ll be pleased to hear that International Economy is now available on Click & Drop.

If you are having issues in seeing this service then please contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

8. Allow positioning of labels on 4-label A4 sheets

I chose the option to position the label. I selected the position (top right quarter) when offered. It said it was generating the label and then gave me a PDF file with the label half way across the bottom section (i.e) straddling the bottom two label positions on my A4 sheet and also putting headers with information about the order in the top half. This is not suitable for A4 4-label sheets. It forces me to print on paper (just one per sheet) and then I have to cut it out and use sticky tape to fix it on the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your comment. Having read the details you have provided, it sounds like you have the label template set to the Integrated Label option. In order to be able to print a label in a specific position you will need to select the Separate Label option.

The guide at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template- gives details of how to do this.

If you have already done this and the label is still printing incorrectly, then could you please contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

9. A better process for refunds need to be put in place - I cannot post a form every time!

It was difficult enough when I had to call customer service to get a refund on International Items (the old system only allowed you to apply online for UK postage).

Now we're expected to complete a form and pay postage to send this by mail. I need to amend an order from Letter to Large Letter which will actually cost me more to post the form than to just lose the difference in postage cost!

If I'm going to lose 65p every time I need a refund it's going to become very expensive! (and I can't save them them up…

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Print Assist - Labels 50% size and 90 degree rotated

When trying Print Assist/Auto Print, the labels coming out of our Zebra printers (GK420D and ZP450) are printing 50% scale and 90 degrees rotated - trying the landscape/portrait orientation setting in the print driver has no effect. Anyone else got this problem, or managed to solve it???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are 2 things that we have found to be causing this issue. In the first instance, please check that the preferences for your label printer are set to the correct size. We recommend that these are:
    Width: 3.75"
    Height: 6.00"

If the issue persists then it is likely that the “Install Royal Mail Print Assist as a Windows Service” has been selected during the installation process of Print Assist.

In order to rectify this issue, please uninstall Print Assist, and re-install it, ensuring that the “Install Royal Mail as a Windows Service” is not selected on the “Select Additional Tasks” section of the installation.

The guide on How to connect to Royal Mail Print Assist has been updated to reflect this https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115002520034-How-to-connect-Royal-Mail-Print-Assist

If the problem still persists, please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team.

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

11. Allow drop off in post boxes. I will now have to spend every lunch break going to the post office.

Even with Click & Drop using a Post Office in Central London is a nightmare! You still have to queue, plus travelling time means I now have to find 30-40 minutes out of my day, when all I had to do before was pop my packets into any post box. I work full time and have to run my business in my spare time which means I will now be spending every single one of my lunch breaks in the post office. I feel like crying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Bonnie

as long as you aren’t sending data into our Online Business Account and paying for your labels either through Paypal or as guest checkout, and also don’t need a proof of postage, then drop off at postbox is allowed.

Thanks

Click & Drop Support

12. international large letter maximum sizes

The maximum weight & sizes for international large letters on Click & Drop are different to those given by Royal Mail here: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/121/~/international-size-and-weight-restrictions
    What's going on?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Shipping Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Department References

Require the ability to add a department reference for all orders when importing an order, this is imperitive to our fulfilment business as we have to track each label printed to an individual customer for billing purposes. It was on DMO and can use when manually adding an order but that is not feasible when importing hundreds of orders per day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Department References

Require the ability to add a department reference for all orders when importing an order, this is imperitive to our fulfilment business as we have to track each label printed to an individual customer for billing purposes. It was on DMO and can use when manually adding an order but that is not feasible when importing hundreds of orders per day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

This functionality is now available on Click & Drop.

More information on this feature can be found at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Thank you
    The Click & Drop Team

15. Don't lie to customers about postage costs before convincing them to sign up

I was categorically told that by signing up to Click n Drop I would be able to send out all of my orders, with a valid Amazon Tracking ID, at no extra cost to my current OBA account.

After waiting 4 days to receive the sign up details - was told it would only be 2 days - after following the very very limited online help, and after spending half the day on the phone to the C&D helpline, I added my orders, having been instructed to click the 'request signature on delivery' box at the bottom of each order…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve

Within Click & Drop we have a number of different services. Customers ordering the RM24/48 products have delivery confirmation which doesnt contain a signature but is scanned on delivery at no extra cost. This facility is also available on Parcel formats on the STL and BPL postage services in Click & Drop but not the large letter or letter formats.

If you add a signature option on any service it will be scanned on delivery and an additonal charge.

I’m sorry if the person you spoke to gave you incorrect advice.

Click & Drop Support

16. Signed up but got a business account instead of a personal account.

Once in the business account I didn't want, I am then stuck as there are no links to access the actual postage section to send any mail. You have to exit and go in as a guest to see anything that resembles postage. Get this fixed so I can delete this business account and make it simpler to use. If you're changing over all users, you are going to have a lot of confused customers who may just go elsewhere.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi themaestro023,

Thank you for your comment.

We are aware that the registration process, and the initial dashboard view of Click & Drop has been misleading for some customers.

We have taken onboard feedback received from customers with regard to this and are in the process of preparing an update that will offer help for, and shortcuts to, the major functions of the site.

The account that you have set up can be used if you are a business or personal user, so please do not think that you have to delete your current account.

If you are only looking to send the occasional item then the “Get started now” option at https://parcel.royalmail.com/ will allow you to enter one off details.

Should you require any help in using the site please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com or on (0345) 6113 425

Regards
    The Click &…

17. Dropbox results despatch report not working

When adding a file to be processed in the Dropbox Click and Drop folder, once imported, a results folder is created with a corresponding despatch report for that file. The file is created immediately and only contains the header row and no data.
    When I process the order and mark as despatched, this file is never updated, so there is no way to automatically update the order status on the website and add any tracking information.
    I need to manual export the despatched orders from the reports tab.
    Please advise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Receiving an empty file in the Results folder is normally due to the import file being mapped incorrectly, and there being errors during the Import process.

To check for errors, you can click on the “Order import history” button in the top right corner of the Import screen.

If you are still having issues with this, or wish to discuss this further, please contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com who will be happy to assist you.

Thanks
    The Click & drop Team

18. send tracking number to magento

I don't know if it's already possible (it doesn't seem to be on my site), but it would be really helpful if the tracking number could be sent from C&D to Magento when an order is sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

It is possible to send the Tracking Number (if applicable) to your Magento site from Click & Drop. In order for this to work, the “Mark orders as despatched on channel” option must be ticked in the Magento section of the “Channels and stores” settings page.

Should you require further assistance on this, please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

19. Don't close my local post office

I can't work out how to print my postage. I have paid using the PayPal popup. The dashboard says I have one item ready to print, but when I try to print, it just says the payment is pending and offers me the opportunity to pay a 2nd time. Why would I do that? I would like some help. You are closing my local post office so I need an actual usable alternative where I only have to pay once. This is really awful. Why would you change it from a system that was so easy to use, to this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Laura

we have no influence in relation to which local Post Offices are closed, but if you contact our help desk on 03456 113 425, we can look into the problem you are having with Click & Drop and making the payment and help you navigate Click & Drop to make it easier for you to print your labels.

Click & Drop Support

20. User Defined Formats for manual import needed

To import items/orders manually DMO has User Defined Formats / layouts for imported files e.g. you create a layout, map fields and save it. Then to import you select the layout, upload the .csv file and it's processed very quickly.
    Click and Drop doesn't have that functionality and it's crucial for us. It seems it remembers the layout by file name but our CRM generates unique file name for batches, so it's a big problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Tomasz

Click & Drop has the functionality you described and recognises the format of each file you upload and asks you to map it the first time you upload a different format it has not seen before. In the background it stores each different format itself without you needing to name it yourself. There is no limit to the number of files formats you can upload.

Thanks

Click & Drop Support

1 2 5 7 9 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base