General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Service codes from DMO and enhancements import

When importing orders we can only use the OBA codes such as CRL24 or CRL48 and we can't specify if there's signature or not. With DMO we could automatically import an order with a Signature whereas with C&D this needs to be done manually.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WHat about a simple option to print envelopes, as currently available on Online Postage?

Forget orders; what about personal users? Christmas Cards done for this year on the Old System and trialling this is ridiculous. How's about selecting from a stored simple address book; paying from your pre-paid account; and, printing onto envelopes? Oh, that's right; you're getting rid of that!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

An Address Book is available in Click & Drop and labels can be produced directly from each entry. A guide on the Address Book functionality can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001848454-Importing-OLP-address-book-into-Click-Drop

We are aware that there is no pre-pay account functionality , as there was on Online Posatage, however funds can be deposited into a Paypal account and used in a similar way.

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

3. Populate contact name when creating a new order

When creating a new order with a new customer, we put the contact name in with the email address and this saves to the address book, however, when creating any further shipments to that customer using the orders section, it does not bring over the contact name. Only way it seems to do this is if you go into your address book and find the customer and create an order directly from their record. Very frustrating

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a stand alone option for Tracked Returns labels

Apologies if this has already been put forward, however, after being a DMO user for many years, there are some features that are disappointing not available on Click & Drop and one is the ability to just print a generic tracked returns label. It seems you can only do this against an order that has been created which means it populates that customers return address which is no good when we need it for a totally different customer. We are having to run DMO alongside this just so we can print standard returns labels

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete Orders For Dispatch

I want to be able to delete orders awaiting dispatch, which the system currently does not allow. We mark orders as dispatched on eBay and Amazon, if we also mark as dispatched on the Click and Drop site the dates and timings can conflict, resulting in a negative performance mark on the market places. As a result we no longer use the Dispatched function on Click and Drop and want to be able to delete the orders that are accumulating, all of which have been dispatched and updated as such on eBay and Amazon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. No support for people that just want to print labels (not ebay sellers)

I have used your old on-line postage system (being phased out in 2018) for several years and it works extremely well. I have an address book to store frequently used addresses in, I can load up my account with money so I don’t need to pay by credit card each time I post something. And it prints Avery format labels (4 per sheet) so I don’t need to mess around with taping down paper labels. It is fast efficient and easy to use.

I am really struggling with Click and Drop. If I use it without an account I have…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Click and Drop Personal User-friendly

Personal users need a simple address book that does not have to be connected to non-existent 'orders'
    We need to be able to print single labels in any position from on an A4 sheet of 4, or direct onto an envelope
    A pre-payment system would be nice (but PayPal makes it easy to do one-offs)
    What could you call this great service? How about Online Postage?
    Wait, we already have this - but it's being shut down!
    From March 2018 it will be easier for us to go and stand in the long queue at the Post Office

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Impossible New Service

I've been using On Line Postage for many years - just a few recipients in my OLP address book, which I can print to the special postage labels I purchased for the purpose.

I am now being forced to move to either a single use Click and Drop service where I have to complete addressee and my details each time, and have the label printed on plain paper, and have to do my best Blue Peter act to cut and stick to the envelope; or register for a system which assumes I am in business.

This change is ill thought…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  New Royal Mail Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scan and print with our own order reference.

Currently we can scan and print but it only accepts RM order ID which makes it useless.

As we import our own reference (order id) please make the system find the order using the field "channel reference".

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to scan your channel reference number in order to generate a label is now available for business users. Should you have any queries about this please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team.

Thank you
    The Click & Drop Team

More information about the features included in the most recent release can be found at:
    https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004554734-Latest-release-information

10. LL delivery confirmation BPL

Would it be possible for Large Letter Delivery Confirmation be made an option for BPL perhaps for a small fee per batch ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. printed papers

In OBA we can send Printed Papers up to 5kg internationally, but that option is not in Click and Drop.
    We do need this, can you please advise how we go about doing this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

You will be pleased to hear that the option to send Printed Papers (Documents) from Click & Drop is now available.

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

12. Make the Large Letter Delivery Confirmation work.

When clicking the Delivery Confirmation number from Click & Drop, the main RM site says service not trackable.

When emailing support they are able to manually check it, would just like it to work for us.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make packing slip optional

I produce all my paperwork from the ecommerce system (shopify) using Click & Drop purely as the means of paying for postage and generating labels. Therefore I would like the packing slip to be optional, i.e. have a choice of templates that do not have the packing slip.

Currently I have to manually edit the PDFs to remove all the packing slip pages and then print the shipping labels whci his a complet waste of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi John

if you click on settings and templates, you can choose the A4 template which then gives you the option of producing a packing note or not. This also allows for more than one label to be printed on an A4 sheet. The other option is the 6*4 template which again gives you the choice of printing a packing note or not.

Thanks

Click & Drop Support

14. To be able to print senders address directly onto envelopes

Customer By Service Web (LESLIE COLEMAN) (15/11/2017 11.18 AM)
    Using Click and Drop I am uable to print the senders address directly onto an envelope as I could with Royal Mail on line postage. Using labels or cutting out the lable and sticking this to an envelope is time consuming and more expence. Could you please give some priority to build the facility of enabling to print the senders address directly onto an envelope in the Click and Drop system other wise I will not be using Click and Drop to print and send letters.

Enquiry Reference # 171115-001302
    Response…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Royal Mail Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

Please note that all labels produced in Click & Drop can be printed directly onto an envelope but you will need to refer to your printers user guide for help in setting up this up to use the different sized labels.

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

15. orders not transfered from ebay, system is not working

orders not transfered from ebay, system is not working

site needs fixing asap

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. print more than one label at a time

Please could you make it possible to print more than one label at a time? When I am doing a whole slew of orders it would be lovely if Royal Mail could make it possible to tile the labels so that they may be printed at the same time. Rather than having to select the the order to be printed, then the position to be printed, print one label, re-load the labels into the printer and then and then print another label over and over again until I want to jam needle into my eyes.. It would be lovely if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

From reading your comment it sounds like you have set the A4 label template to only print 1 label. To change this, go into Settings and select the Template tab. In the ‘Separate label & despatch note template’ section ensure that the ‘Labels per page’ option is set to 4.

In order to then print more than one label at a time, select all of the orders that you would like to print the labels for by clicking the radio button on the left of each of the orders, and then select the “Pay & Generate Labels” option at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

This will then print all of the labels for the selected orders on the same A4 sheet (if more than 4 then this will be on multiple sheets).

If you have any queries regarding this feature please do not hesitate to contact…

17. STOP WITH the Automatic Manifesting - Max Sort Issues

Royal Mail. Please stop doing automatic manifests, you are messing us up. The reason being is that we ship on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We have to hit max sort on International and we need to hit the 1.5kg level, we print labels as max sort but if we dont hit it then we have to reset and resort back to IG1 or another courier or we carry them forward to our next postal day. How can we do that when its manifested, you have taken the order.........STOP IT NOW, you have created a right mess up and our…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Manifesting Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

the auto manifest process is only activated on a Monday – Friday and excludes bank holidays. It only comes into effect when a label has been generated and there has been no manual manifest that day. In the scenario where a manifest has been produced and a customer wants to continue generating labels for the next day, these wont be auto manifested after 18 30 unless the following day no manifest is manually produced. This works in the same way that DMO also auto manifests.

Click & Drop Support

18. URGEN - Delivery Instructions

This has to be sorted ASAP.
    It already exists in the Manual Orders but DOES NOT print on the label.
    And the following is why.
    This nice 87 year old lady rang yesterday and said "can you add a note to the parcel to say put in next door if I am out". I said there was no facility to do this at the moment and suggested she put a note on the door for the postman.
    We sent the parcel by FIRST CLASS POST yesterday.
    This email came from her today.

Parcel delivered pm today not in due to

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Thanks for setting up the custom label positioning - just what I wanted!

We are quick to compain; I wanted also to be quick with the praise. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for your comment! It’s always nice to hear when a new feature is being well received :-)

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

20. Keep on-line postage open until Click and Drop is as useful inc allowing labels on an A4 sheet to be selected and printing to envelopes

Make the light version of Click and Drop have all the functionality of OLP and be able to select the positioning of a label out of 4 on an A$ sheet and print to envelopes without having to create an order and print a despatch note too. I just want to print postage from time to time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Labels and Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having using Click & Drop.

It may be that using the Get Started Now section on https://parcel.royalmail.com/ is better suited for you. This will take you through a step by step process to produce your postage.

If you have registered and logged in to Click & Drop then you can find a guide on how to change the label template here https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template- . Here you can find out how to change how the label prints to suit your media. Also all of our labels can be printed on to envelopes, but you will need to refer to your printers user guide on how to change the settings to suit the different sizes.

We have now added the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for registered users (this was already available…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base