General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Tracked 24/48 items to be dropped at Post Office

Tracked 48 is my most used service but I'm forced to take parcels to a CSP - pre-COVID this was OK(ish) as a CSP is local to me and was open all morning. Post COVID the CSP is running severely restricted hours and is now closed on Wednesday. This makes it difficult and often inconvenient to drop off items.
    Can we please enable drop off at any Post office or at least a main Post Office - this would also benefit those who don't have a CSP nearby

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Send an Item  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it clear BEFORE BUYING that Tracked 24 can't be left at a Post Office and have a list of CSPs on the website

New to this service and it wasn't clear until after I paid for Tracked 24 that the parcel can't be left at a Post Office. Says I need to go to a CSP and there's a link to find a CSP but that only shows post boxes and sorting offices. Wish I hadn't used this service - I now need to find a CSP. If it's my local sorting office then that's 20 mins drive whereas my Post Office is 5 mins.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Send an Item  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clarify the need to use a customer service point when using this service

It is not clear when purchasing postage via this service that only certain types of outlets can process the parcel as I found the hard way. Tried to drop off parcel at regular Post Office only to be told rather rudely that it couldn't be done at that post office. The postmaster didn't offer any help by telling me where I had to drop it off and on checking the website I was unable to establish where my nearest customer service point was actually located.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Send an Item  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow us to use post boxes for small amounts of post

On some days, I only get 1 or 2 international orders and on very bad days 1 or 2 uk orders. This means using a whole gray sack for just 1 letter or large letter which wouldn't take up much room in a post box. Could we just use a post box in these times, like if you got less than 5 small letter, or large letter sized orders you could just put them in a post box. I'm saying this because I am not getting enough sacks sent in time, so the less used the better. Also could we…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Send an Item  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Planned despatch date - Option to Hold last Used Date

When using the Planned despatch date option - Please add a Checkbox Option to Hold last Used Date for the session.

Particularly at the end of the month when the Planned despatch date is on the next month it would make using the Planned despatch date quicker and more efficient

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Send an Item  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Clarify what a Customer Service Point is and where they are!

Clarify what the hell a Customer Service Point is! I wanted to send a parcel by Tracked 24, found out I had to send it via a Customer Service Point. I spent half an hour looking through your site which maps out letter boxes and post offices but not the elusive CSP! In the end, I applied for a refund and send the package by Special Delivery instead. I know how that works - it's a very good service, but also, of course, more expensive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Send an Item  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. *** Tracked 24 & 48 notifications ***

Could we have an option to set defaults such as (have it applied or not) "Provide SMS notification to the recipient" & "Provide email notification to the recipient" for all tracked items. It would make sense rather then select those tick boxes on every order to be able to have it pre-set as default and option to manually untick those boxes for customers that don't want notifications. it would make processing a lot more efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Put a very clear and visible notice on labels re where to post Click and Drop items.

I just wasted an hour and a half of my time at two post offices trying to post a Royal Mail Click and Drop Item. I now understand that Post Offices cannot accept certain Royal Mail Items ie Tracked 24. Not only do the Post Offices seem totally oblivious to this fact (they tried to scan the item and then said to me "computer says no" - and one of them occupies the same building as a Royal Mail Sorting Office) but your website is poorly laid out so this important information is not immediately obvious. Most people would expect…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Order reference - place elsewhere

Since the update the order reference has been placed in a frustrating position on the page. It used to be elsewhere. When I click 'Create Order' then click on 'Search for UK address' to start putting the name in it will often go back up to 'Order Reference' as the page is catching up. I then have to click on the 'Search for UK address' box again. it slows everything down. It would resolve it by not making the 'Order reference' the first thing on the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pay the royal mail branches for the click and collect parcels

I just drop around 5 click & drop parcels to my local Royal mail branch. The lady asked me not to use them again because they do not make any money. I do feel I need to stop them since I don't have any other branch around and they don't want my business.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it clear where services have to be dropped off

Took my paid-for and labelled Tracked 24 parcel to a post office, but they couldn't accept it and didn't know why the system wouldn't accept it. I found out later that these have to be taken to a sorting office. This is not made at all clear at the time of purchase. It would be easy to make it so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ...make it so that drop literally means drop.

I think it is ridiculous to call your service click and drop when I have to spend my time, printer ink, paper and stick tape to label the parcels with the postage only to have to fully queue up in the post office and wait while each parcel is scanned and a receipt printed. Whats the point - I might as well let your post office staff do the labels for me! I have also tried your post box drop off service for my parcels - which are small parcels. One got stuck. I had to stick my arm into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Trading Names sorted Alphabetically

I have set up multiple Trading Names (and add to them as I get new Dropship customers).
    When choosing the Trading Name, the only order they appear to be in is newest-added is at the bottom. These need to be in Alphabetical order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Royal Mail Customer Service Point (CSP) need to provide proof of posting

Royal Mail Customer Service Point (CSP) need to provide proof of posting for Click and Drop items. Despite contacting customer services several times and the question going to customer services escalation team Royal Mail are still refusing to stamp proof of posting certificates when presenting Click and Drop mail at the CSP. Royal Mail state in several places on their own website that this is the procedure at a Customer Service Point (CSP)
    "You can post your items at our Customer Service Points (usually located in a Delivery Office)...If you've bought online postage using Click & Drop or have franked…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tell customers pre-printed labels are not accepted at post offices!!!

I printed Tracked 24 label and took parcel to my local post office only to be told they couldn't scan it and I had to take it to the local sorting office which was miles (and two bus rides) away. I SUGGEST YOU MAKE IT CLEAR ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT ONLINE LABELS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT POST OFFICES! This very angry customer will NEVER use this so-called "service" again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Preselection of letter / large letter / parcel Parcel Size

When applying postage, sometimes the parcel type is preselected for orders downloaded from WC, and sometimes not. 99.9% of our post is a Parcel, and rarely we have to select Letter or Large letter.

I am finding that sometimes, particularly after having done a real Large Letter, subsequent parcels are erroneously preselected as Large Letter, and if we don't notice we can end up with them going wth the wrong classification. Obviously it costs us less if a parcel goes by large letter by mistake, but I want our billing and manifest to be correct. I never want to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add 'create order' in the address book when selecting multiple addresses.

At present I can only select multiple addresses in the address book and delete. It would be great if you could select multiple or all addresses and then choose in the dropdown that appears 'create order'. This is especially useful as I send mail to the same 31 contacts each week and presently I have to create and order for each individual person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clarify the postage due on a postal tube

Tubes can be a maximum of 90cm long and length plus 2x diameter of 104cm, but how do I find out what that costs?
    If I go via the button 'Buy online postage' to https://send.royalmail.com/send/youritem?compensation=20&country=GBR&format=SmallParcel&weight=500&weightUnit=G there is no way to find what postage is due on a tube - please try it yourself. It seems to me that there is a missing link.

However, using Get a Price, at https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder, select UK, Parcel, then Medium Parcel, you will see the maximum dimensions of a tube. Therefore tubes within this size should go as medium parcels, so typically £5.90.
    So…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base