General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Tracked 24/48 items to be dropped at Post Office

Tracked 48 is my most used service but I'm forced to take parcels to a CSP - pre-COVID this was OK(ish) as a CSP is local to me and was open all morning. Post COVID the CSP is running severely restricted hours and is now closed on Wednesday. This makes it difficult and often inconvenient to drop off items.
    Can we please enable drop off at any Post office or at least a main Post Office - this would also benefit those who don't have a CSP nearby

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Send an Item  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clarify what a Customer Service Point is and where they are!

Clarify what the hell a Customer Service Point is! I wanted to send a parcel by Tracked 24, found out I had to send it via a Customer Service Point. I spent half an hour looking through your site which maps out letter boxes and post offices but not the elusive CSP! In the end, I applied for a refund and send the package by Special Delivery instead. I know how that works - it's a very good service, but also, of course, more expensive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Send an Item  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it clear BEFORE BUYING that Tracked 24 can't be left at a Post Office and have a list of CSPs on the website

New to this service and it wasn't clear until after I paid for Tracked 24 that the parcel can't be left at a Post Office. Says I need to go to a CSP and there's a link to find a CSP but that only shows post boxes and sorting offices. Wish I hadn't used this service - I now need to find a CSP. If it's my local sorting office then that's 20 mins drive whereas my Post Office is 5 mins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Send an Item  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clarify the need to use a customer service point when using this service

It is not clear when purchasing postage via this service that only certain types of outlets can process the parcel as I found the hard way. Tried to drop off parcel at regular Post Office only to be told rather rudely that it couldn't be done at that post office. The postmaster didn't offer any help by telling me where I had to drop it off and on checking the website I was unable to establish where my nearest customer service point was actually located.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Clarify the postage due on a postal tube

Tubes can be a maximum of 90cm long and length plus 2x diameter of 104cm, but how do I find out what that costs?
    If I go via the button 'Buy online postage' to https://send.royalmail.com/send/youritem?compensation=20&country=GBR&format=SmallParcel&weight=500&weightUnit=G there is no way to find what postage is due on a tube - please try it yourself. It seems to me that there is a missing link.

However, using Get a Price, at https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder, select UK, Parcel, then Medium Parcel, you will see the maximum dimensions of a tube. Therefore tubes within this size should go as medium parcels, so typically £5.90.
    So…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base