General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manifests failed - unable to generate paperwork

ISSUE AFFECTING ALL C&D ACCOUNTS USING TRACKED 24/48

When manifesting orders the following error occurs:

'Sorry, we were unable to generate your paperwork. Please quote reference 'd4193bf9' if contacting us for help.'

This issue has been occurring for over 3 weeks, it seems to only affect Tracked 24/48 orders. We're then forced to use an Emergency manifest for the collection driver and manually dispatch all orders individually on the specific sales channels.

Unfortunately the issue is difficult to replicate and only occurs every 2 or 3 days. We've spoken to C&D support team several times over the last few weeks…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Customs Non-Compliance

We have just had a letter saying that RM have checked our electronic customs data for the last month and found 2 items not compliant.

1 - Senders Country

2 - Postage Costs

1 - The senders country would surely come directly from the senders address input into click and drop - Company Addresses / Trading Addresses. The country is a required field and IS FILLED IN. So how can we be non-compliant on that?

2 - What do you mean by Postage Costs? Are we supposed to put in there what we charge the customer for postage, why is…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thanks for your suggestions and comments.
    You may have received a message about customs compliance from Royal Mail referencing a missing ’Sender’s country’. We are happy to confirm that this is automatically provided by us in electronic customs information, so you do not need to enter this information.

We have added some additional information to our help guide including further clarification on ’Sender’s country’ and ‘Shipping cost’ information, along with a new ‘Coming soon’ section that will explain any further changes that are currently being developed.

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014645258-January-2021-changes-to-international-customs

Many thanks,

Click & Drop support

3. EKM Integration - EKM have updated their platform to allow 'Tracking numbers'.

EKM have updated their platform to allow the Royal Mail 'tracking number' to be sent when an order is dispatched.

I would be grateful if Royal Mail could update the EKM integration so Royal Mail tracking numbers are pulled through to customer orders.

Thank you very much.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Click & Drop API: LABELS/CANCELLATIONS/MANIFEST

I was excited to see the the Click & Drop API integration in Nov 20 https://clickanddrop.uservoice.com/forums/399930-general/suggestions/37754239-click-drop-rest-api but unfortunately it does not even allow label download which we have with C&D desktop.

To rival other APIs, we need:
    - label retrieval
    - label cancellation
    - dispatch

for dispatch. no waiting around for a batch to manifest (or fail) - just upload a list of orders marked dispatched/manifested or some other term for the list of batches to process - Royal Mail responds accepting the list and notifies the driver

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Click & Drop - is it too much to ask to get an item scanned?

We have had our Click & Drop account with Royal Mail since it was launched, and have had our business account with them since 1993.

Just wanted to vent my frustration yet again after having another letter go un-scanned by the postie and our customer claim for a free replacement item.

We even started to apply our own sticker...

POSTIE-PLEASE SCAN BEFORE DELIVERY-THANKS!

But to no avail, why oh why do we pay for a service that you don't or cannot provide?

Just SCAN THE ITEMS like you tell us should be done!!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OBA Click & Drop things needed - urgently

There's some serious things now that need looking into which people have requested for too long or that aren't addressed anywhere. Guys, we need feedback and help for these things, or people will start using other couriers. We spend thousands a month on postage and we're going to pull the plug on RM at some point if it can't get streamlined.

Completely normal requests are completely ignored, and to be honest it's getting extremely difficult to actually use Click & Drop now, even from a business point of view, efficiently.

Let me start:

With the introduction of new Customs/HS Code/Export…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 'Addressee Identification Reference Number' - clarity?

This requirement now pops up for Russia, Peru, Canada, Australia, and Brazil.

The official RM document, linked below, only mentions Russia and Brazil.

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014645258-January-2021-changes-to-international-customs

"Addressee Identification Reference Number: For customs purposes, Russia and Brazil require the submission of an addressee specific identification number when Russian/Brazilian individuals or organisation import goods from overseas. This is a 10 or 12 numerical digit code for items into Russia and to Brazil the individuals CPF in the format: 000.000.000-00 or a CNPJ for organisations in the format: 00.000.000/0000-00

Please be aware that when exporting items to Russia or Brazil, there is a requirement to

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Customs Fields - Shipping Cost

According to Royal Mail 'Electronic Customs Mandatory Fields' SHIPPING COST is the 'postage paid by the sender' and is entered as part of the Create Order process BEFORE you actually get to the step in the process where you enter package weight and postal service so how on earth do you know what to put in to the SHIPPING COST field without referring manually to the price list. Why cant SHIPPING COST be autocompleted by Click nDrop after the postal service/weight has been selected? Or is it acceptable to enter what the customer has paid for postage, rather than the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. DropBox Retirement. C&D Desktop Falls Short (A step Backwards)

As you know you are retiring the DropBox method in June so the alternative that you are offering needs to offer the same service or better. As it stands it’s a step backwards having a Maximum Limit of 50 Labels per batch!

My system includes the weight and service in our orders CSV Batch File and we use the DropBox method so all labels are generated regardless of an order amount being above 50 but the ‘Desktop Versions’ works differently. If above 50 on the Desktop Version it displays a sidebar notification warning that the labels will not be generated!…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add "Scanned No Signature" label for CRL24/48

I'm still getting some CRL24/48 packages which aren't being scanned when posted through the letterbox, why not add a note on the label to remind the postman that they need to scan the item. I think it's all too easy for them to forget.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. API: WHERE'S MY TRACKING?

Because this very important feature is missing, and we constantly get ignored, I'm going to post this message every day until I get some sort of response.

WHERE'S MY TRACKING?!

{

"successCount": 1,

"errorsCount": 0,
    "createdOrders": [
    {
    "orderIdentifier": 14525,
    "orderReference": "359256",
    "createdOn": "2021-01-18T09:45:45.09",
    "orderDate": "2021-01-05T12:58:22.8596518"
    }
    ],
    "failedOrders": []

}

SUCCESSFUL ORDER. WHERE'S MY TRACKING THEN?

I'll post another later. If my account gets suspended I'll just make another one. Torn between copy pasting this every day or every hour...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Motivate Posties to do scans

Failure to scan 2D barcodes is causing a lot of grief. Without proof of delivery, on-line sellers have big problems with Buyers who claim their parcel was not received. Without proof of delivery, we have cannot dispute their claim and so have to issue a refund.
    Up until 6 months ago, the scan rate was around 97%. Recently it has dropped to around 25%.

Just what is going wrong?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add ability to combine two or more orders into one shipment

With new EU customs declarations my labels and customs declaration can show false information when I have 2 order from 1 customer. Please implement a function to merge orders together in order to correct weight, cost etc to make customs compliant.
    This is a regular requirement, is a headache to work manually and as per customs regs, should be implemented as standard to ensure correct compliance.
    Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Surcharge Fees facility

At the bottom each Royal Mail e-invoice I receive there is a surcharge fee.

Royal Mail web site says:

"Details of the surcharge will be available through the usual invoicing process, with detailed, line-level surcharge information available on the electronic invoicing platform."

However, when I log on to the platform no "detailed line level information" exists.

Hence I have no idea why these charges occur in order to try and correct any errors.

I suggest that Click and Drop (or OBA) should provide a method to understand what each surcharge is for.

thanks
    Rob

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide infomation on customs checkboxes

The 27/1/21 release removed the CN22/3 setting of the customs checkboxes, so now they are generated unchecked. The previous default settings have been removed and the release note says:

International customs changes:
    2.Made improvements to the customs declaration checkboxes so that you can specify a checkbox when you apply postage or import an order via spreadsheet, or API.

Can you update the import specifications to define how the checkboxes are now meant to be set?

Also, a CN22 has a new 'Sale of Goods' box, but a CN23 doesn't - will a 'sale of goods' setting be translated to 'Other'…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ....Fix the BigCommerce integration

Apologies for starting this thread again but it seems to have been neglected over the past three years. The "tracking_carrier" field ("royal-mail") is not being sent to BigCommerce by Click&Drop, hence the customer does not know which carrier the item was sent by unless we update this manually for each order. Simple fix that so far RM have failed to even acknowledge despite several attempts to bring this to their attention.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Web Server min requirements for C&D API

Can you provide the minimum requirements for the web server calling the API?
    I am trying to use it on a custom ecommerce site written in VB.NET and running on Windows Server 2012 R2. When I try any calls (even just the get version) I get the response:
    Error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
    If I try it from my local Windows 10 machine it works fine.
    Is it because server 2012r2 does not support TLS 1.3?

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More than one Ebay channel

Many Ebay sellers, like us, have more than one business account. It would greatly assist if the "Channel" showed the Integration name in the dashboard screens such as "New Orders" and "Orders ready for printing".
    It would doing checks much, much easier.

Please give this serious considerations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Click & Drop (Registered) OBA Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Click and Drop RM48 & RM24 FAILED Delivery Confirmation scanning

I have been with Click and Drop since launch and have an OBA with Royal Mail.
    As it became established the number of claims fell as the fraudulent ones had their plans scuppered by Delivery Confirmation Scanning.
    I know the last year has been difficult for everyone we have like many online shops benefited from lockdown but since the middle of January 2021 have seen a huge rise in RM48 without delivery confirmation.
    We more often than not have to deal with the attitude expressed in claims and end up refunding or replacing the parcel with no entitlement to compensation…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base