General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would help a lot if click and drop sent an automated email to customers when a parcel is in transit

I was on a web chat with click n drop and was advised they did not have the option to send automated emails to parcel recipients. Will click n drop be introducing this at any point?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delivery Status

It would be really useful to see a delivery status column on the Dispatched Orders report. You are already able to include the tracking number so surely you could add an extra column which shows if a parcel has been delivered, is pending, etc. This would make it much easier than having to open up each individual order and check the tracking for each item.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Reporting tracking information back to woocommerce orders

I would like to request the support for tracking information to be sent to woocommerce upon dispatching an order through the Royal Mail Click&Drop dashboard.
    Tracking information could be sent via updating the order metadata, this is very simple to do with WP REST API v3.
    This would ideally be automatically done upon label generation before an order has been marked as dispatched so that our backend can handle the tracking information before dispatch emails are sent to customers.
    Having the ability to supply tracking information automatically is paramount to being able to run an efficient business using Royal Mail…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please could you reinstate Tracked 48 for non-business customers. It was available until recently but seems to have been discontinued.

Please could you reinstate Tracked 48 for non-business customers. It was available until recently but seems to have been discontinued.

If you Google "royal mail tracked 48", the top search result says:
    "Royal Mail Tracked 48"
    ... and under that it says:
    "https://www.royalmail.com › personal › uk-delivery › personal-tracked48"

... and if you click on that link, it takes you to:
    https://www8.royalmail.com/sending/uk/tracked-48

... and on that page, it says:

"Access to www8.royalmail.com was denied.
    You don't have authorisation to view this page.
    HTTP ERROR 403"

Please could you reinstate this?

When I rang Royal Mail they said that in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow private customers to store their past addresses and enable payment for several

respect for all customers not just business as was case with online postage

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Refunds for INR Item not received

Automated refund system for INR (Item not received)

We need to click a checkbox in C&D to apply for a lost item as this is the responsibility of RM to deliver our items

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. postcode validation of addresses

The system automatically downloads the address from our website but without validating that the postcode matches the address. We get many addresses entered incorrectly by the customer and using the billing address with the different delivery postcode. The postcode and address do not match but Royal Mail is not using any checks or validation to check the postcode and address match. This means I am having to check all addresses one by one to see if they 'look' ok. We get quite a lot that are incorrect but they always got flagged up on DMO when we entered the postcode…

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestions. We are planning to introduce post town validation to help ensure your order data is as correct as possible.
    We will provide further updates as soon as we are able, but we expect this feature to be completed as soon as possible.

9. reading partially fulfilled orders from shopify

is there anyway that click and drop can read partially fulfilled orders from Shopify. I have recently had to partially fulfill a large number or orders and have now discovered that because the label was printed and therefore manifested shopify has automatically fulfilled the rest of the order. I now have a large number of clients who believe their order has been shipped when it has not!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto print 6x4 layout

Auto print is a fantastic addition however, it doesn't print 6x4 labels properly. Label comes out too tiny.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Click And Drop instructions need to be much clearer

The language in the e-mails confirming a Click & Drop postage purchase needs to be made much clearer.

I purchased a Tracked 24 With Signature product, and understood that I couldn't take it to a Post Office counter for drop-off. Option 3 in the e-mail says, "Take your item to a Royal Mail Customer Service Point." - with the last three words being a clickable hyperlink which takes you to a 'services near you' page on the Royal Mail website.

Entering my postcode brings up the address of the Royal Mail counter in a local shop. Because this came up…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back a service for smaller users

Prior to Click & Drop, we used to have a school Royal Mail account, credited now and again with around £50, where office staff could access and print postage, with the cost coming out of the held credit.

Please give us a similar service back! We can't get a business account, due to being below the minimum usage. Each online print of postage has to be paid for by a credit or charge card, and there is only one cardholder in school.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For the love of god... Please show average weights on Click and Drop as you go...

Guys - Nearly every small business in the UK is operating RIGHT ON THE EDGE of profit and keeping it's staff in Jobs - SO PLEASE can you help - When we send hundreds of items a day here (ALL Large Letters and ALL RM48) we have to manually work out our average before we manifest - so we can manifest at under 100g and not over...

It's such a simple thing to implement - Just an average weight as you go...

SO surely click and drop can keep an ongoing average system - For Example - 98 items due…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG or omission? - New order cloning functionality

I was very happy to see the ability to clone an order was added to C&D.

For us the main reason cloning was required is that we occasionally need to split an order prior to posting.

While testing the functionality I noticed that I am unable to edit the order total and shipping charge for the original or cloned order. This will be needed to ensure that correct values are used for customs forms and electronic pre-notification etc.

Please let me know how I go about including the correct totals for each part of the shipment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. FAULT no pay button appears in Firefox (Mac OS)

For the last few days, after I click the 'nothing restricted' box, no pay by paypal button appears, and the only option is to cancel. It works fine in a different browser, but that's a pain to have a switch browsers. Please fix this. Also please provide a way for us to report faults!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Excessive Data Usage

Hi there,

Please can anybody help, since we have started using click and drop our Data Usage has spiked at 70gb per month on click and drop alone. We are a rural location with poor broadband speeds and we have to use a mobile dongle. Please can anybody help with advise as how to keep the data down.

Colin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restore Channel Order column on the Open Orders waiting for Postage page

You have changed the column data for the Open Orders waiting for Postage to be applied

For eBay you removed the eBay record number which was sequential based on when the order was placed

You have replaced the eBay record number with the eBay Order Reference in the Channel reference column

The eBay Order Reference is not sequential and for eBay orders that has made finding and marking orders far more difficult

With the eBay record number it was easy to pre-sort items to be posted into sequential order and that made finding and marking the item to be posted…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow prepayment

I send about 5 parcels a day with Royal Mail. Used to do this through Drop and Go, but that option is no longer available in my area, so moved to Click and Drop.

With Drop and Go you prepay and load up the card eg £100 at a time. Your bank account therefore shows a limited number of entries which is good.

With Click and Drop I'm spending £2 or £3 a day. All these small entries are appearing on my bank account - bad.

When it comes to book-keeping this is going to cause a lot more work…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Train all Post Offices to accept Mail

I signed up with Click and Drop on the provision it would be possible to drop mail off at a Post Office. Both my local Post Offices have said they can't accept them. The reason being? Neither of them had heard of Click and Drop with a manifest nor did they receive training.

This means I have to try and catch the local delivery Office (8 mile round trip) before 11am (they are open to 1330 but complained I can't drop off mail as it misses the pick up).

It is pretty much impossible to meet this without working late…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My review after 2 years with Royal Mail Click and Drop

First of all, I will start with pros and cons and my review will follow.

Pros:

-For Letter and Large Letter sized items, Royal Mail is by far the most competitive prices especially if you sell high volume as the rates improve

-Delivery confirmation on Royal Mail 24 / 48 considering as those services start from less than £1 is amazing

-Software integration for Click and Drop into online marketplaces works like a charm so far; no issues on either eBay or Amazon so far (Amazon Mexico however, does not integrate)

-Click and Drop automatically adds the tracking codes to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base