General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have the facility to show total weight/number of parcels/average weight show before you make a manifest

Have the facility to show total weight/number of parcels/average weight before you manifest orders as the information is useless after the manifest is produced and we try to keep our 24H parcels to under 2kg average weight.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please sort out the manifest bar code

I have been with C&D for two years now and my local post office ( Hesketh Drive Southport ) has never been able to scan it .
    I have tried two good printers and every print combination possible..
    its as if the lines are to close together ....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Scrap Paper Manifests

I do not understand why in this modern age we are still having to print off paper manifests? Surely there is no need for these since all our postage labels now have a barcode and we are told Royal Mail do not charge until a label's barcode has been scanned into the system. No other courier company we use has such antiquated ways of doing business. Furthermore, nobody in Royal Mail knows what to do with these manifests. RM website and call centre say hand them to the driver and do not put them in the mail bag. Collection drivers…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export Spread Sheet of Mainfested orders

Exporting spread sheet of mainfest with prices would make reviewing order must easier

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cancel/undo manifested

After manifesting, if you go to the post office and it's closed, all bags/tags/labels/manifests become redundant, you cannot simply take them to the post office the next day. Everything has to be done again from the beginning, including entering all label data manually, and requesting a refund MANUALLY via an email for so you aren't charged for the manifested items that were never sent. Why is there not just a "unmanifest" button?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Print Manifest takes ages to download

Why does it take so long between clicking manifest orders to the pdf downloading. We manifest at the end of the day when the Postman shows up and he is stood there for ages as we wait for the form to download. It seems not to matter whether it is 10 orders or 100 it takes so long. Perhaps the server is not up to scratch.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Manifesting or Future Manifesting Options Please

So I am guessing this has been discussed in the past.

Please enable an option for auto-manifesting to turn it off or on, with this option Future Manifesting also wouldn't be needed. Why we need to contact customer support I don't know.

The reason for this should be fairly obvious. Our mail is done by average weight, we have large letter products that are 50g and 155g or higher. We are consistently overcharged by Royal Mail as when they are manifested together they average out higher than they should.

Second reason being, since a paper manifest is needed (why?) if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow a future manifest date to be changed

The option to be able to amend the Future Manifest date for one or a bulk selection of orders would be helpful please.

We drop our mail off at either Royal Mail or a Post Office and due to their opening hours & our mail volumes, this would be one or two days after label printing so most of our Orders are Future Dated. One time, we needed to change the Future Date (put it back by one day) and the helpline people advised that this could only be achieved by Deleting to revert to New order status and re-inputting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow for creating the manifest via the Dropbox.

We have a Dropbox that works flawlessly all day as our items are scanned out of our system.

Then, someone has to log into click and drop, goto the batch, and click manifest and wait for the resulting manifest PDF.

Why isn't there an option to drop manifest file into the Dropbox and get back the PDF?

No waiting for it to generate, my system can see the PDF and print it, just like it does the PDF labels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Paying Last Month Billed invoice as Daily Direct Payments

At the moment I'm dividing my bill by the number of days to payment deadline. Doing it as daily payments.

It would be better if you could setup a manageable direct daily debit with royalmail for your last month postage bill.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bigger barcode on manifest

Scanning barcodes on my A4 manifest sheet is hit and miss when I drop off my bags. I've seen that several other people have this issue too.
    I've got a decent inkjet with decent paper and run them out best quality. Some times they scan, sometimes they don't.

Could the barcode be generated a bit bigger at manifest? Just a simple code fix to resize the box and there's plenty of room to do it.
    A simple fix to save a lot of hassle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No search bar on click & drop desktop.?

There is no search bar on click and drop site where we can search manifested orders with either Royal mail customer reference number or buyer name etc. It takes time to go to manifested order page select 500 orders per page and find the order with CTRL F on every page.

Shouldn't be that manually.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create Manifests from Order NOT Batches

This is a MUST for ANY Retailer in the UK -

When we have labelled all orders (can be hundreds) We must have (it's so simple surely!) the option to create a manifest by orders and NOT batches - After all it gives you the option to tick all individual orders on the left - and at the bottom choose manifest anyway! It just does batches - That's no good to about 95% of online retailers - for example if we need to put ALL under 100g Large Letters in one manifest the option is not there - A simple…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Apply button for order list should be with the orders, not in the footer

I'm new to the site and each time I use it I can't find the apply button which is in the black area which is usually the footer of this site(which is not intuitive). It should be immediately below the list and part of the user flow rather than detached at the bottom. I'm sure I'll remember where the button is but I think it should be a lot more obvious.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. NONE OBL - PRINT A RETURNS LABEL at same time as printing postage label

Team, Can we allow none OBL customers using C&D to pay and print a returns label when printing the normal postage label? This "Returns Label" should not have a "Post By End of..." date on it as the customer may wish to return within 30days so it shoudl not be time limited.
    I am not a OBL customer so i do not "Manifest" when i use C&D but i would like this facility to make it easy for me to use Royal Mail for Returns - currently using a different supplier for returns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New PPI order number not accepted at post office

The Post office refused to take my PPI as he could not input the new manifest order number.

New order number with A letter and dashes.

We have paid the postage but can not send.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. hyphenate the long manifest order number

it'd make manifested order numbers MUCH easier to both read and write onto labels if they were hyphenated:

eg 5079123123 would become 5079-123-123

I think the difference speaks for itself. Would also benefit those reading the bag labels.
    plus, it's veeeeery simple and quick to code

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to delete manifested order.

Why can't I delete manifested orders to prevent being charged postage for items that have not left the warehouse? For example I have generated labels and manifested the batch only to be told that perhaps one of the items is out of stock. But I'll get charged for the shipping fees nevertheless! And there isn't a way for me to dispute the charges either.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Future Dating Batches - Manifest on the day you process the orders with the future date on the manifest

When you future date your batches you should be abe to manifest for that date at the same time.

So if i have items going out the next day i should be able to manifest today with tomorrows date on the manifest.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base