General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please increase the size for the customer address back to the previous size.

Postmen/Postwoman are going to make accidental mistakes posting through the wrong mailbox as the font size has decreased. Why is a label that is 15cm by 10cm have such a small customer address when this is the most important element for correct delivery by the postman.
    Thank you.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you all for your suggestions.
    To help us quickly identify and investigate this issue, would you please send us one or two examples in the form of photographs or the .pdf document to our development team?
    Please email examples to clickanddropfeedback@royalmail.com

Please be aware that we are unable to respond to any emails sent to this email address.

Kind regards,

Click & Drop development

2. Bold Print for more than 1 qty ordered for an item

Prior to last release, any item that was ordered with a quantity more than 1, was shown in Bold. This has now disappeared. This was a very useful for order packing to ensure the right quantity is sent.

Can you please reinstate this functionality.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recipient telephone numbers should be printed on postage labels.

A lot of international countries make use of the recipient's telephone numbers to notify them of parcel delivery. Israel is a fine example of this.

Yet even when I input the telephone number in C&D, it never ever gets printed on the postage label, therefore I have to put it onto the PDF image manually or place it in the surname field.

We should have a setting whereby we can choose to display telephone numbers on labels or not and also choose to display them on all parcels or just domestic or just international.

Would save parcels being returned which…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CN22 missing and wrong info on new design

Since the latest update the country of origin is missing on the CN22. This was there before! So something has gone wrong since the change.....

Also just seen the £ total box is wrong as well.... I have just posted two items each £15.70 so a subtotal of £31.40 plus postage the total should read £39.82. The customs total on the new layout form is £62.80!
    There is also a box saying VAT number? What's this for? Should this show my VAT number or the person I'm posting it to?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove the need to scroll down when applying postage

When applying postage, its necessary to choose the size, then postage option and then scroll all the way down to the bottom to apply the postage.

It would be much efficient to have all the information visible on the screen without having to scroll. There's a lot of free space that could be used to fit everything into a much smaller area.

When a lot of orders need processing, this adds alot of extra time to the processing speed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug - restore Country of Origin to new CN22 customs labels

The recent version (April 2020) of the CN22 customs label shows Harmonized System Codes, but no longer prints Country of Origin. Please fix.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. remove that really annoying auto scrolling when selecting orders

the auto scrolling when i select 1 of many orders is so annoying and time wasting.. As i go through my invoices in my hand which are not in the same order as the list on C&D. i dont recall ever experiencing such a feature on any other website and it seems completely pointless functionality.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ID8000 should just be small symbol on label.

The ID8000 needs to be a small logo on the label, so many compaines just have the flammable symbol in small, why does Royal Mail need such a big label.

It takes a lot of time adding this to each package when you sending out over 300 orders a day, takes 5-7 seconds on each order.

Not to mention the cost Royal Mail would save producing, storing and shipping these labels.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. new label design, then old label design

just wondering why the new label design only makes occasional appearances.. everyday a different story, Today's first batch are old design and then next ones are new design. Why is there no consistency?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. auto add vat number on customs label

auto add vat number on customs label

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Generated labels still end in ..... and some key address data left out

The address transfer fine to click and drop. But when the address is generated is leaves out some key address words, flat number, building because the address lines are too big, or maybe Click and Drops address box is too small.
    Why not just move the Return Address somewhere else and allow the address to use up all the middle section if needed. Then there are no ....

I am having to finish them in ink or reset the order and edit the address. Its about 1 in 7 or 8 for me. When you have a few hundred per…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CN22 total weight does not state actual package weight

Another problem with the new CN22 : it is not showing the total supplied weight for the package - it is only showing the total item weights. Please fix. This worked ok previously.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default tracked and special delivery information and contact name retention

Default settings for click and drop and Special delivery:
    A) option to make a default setting: to automatically tick as we regularly click each option to send for: Obtain a signature upon delivery & Provide SMS notification to the recipient
    & Provide email notification to the recipient

B) To retain customer name/email and phone number from a previous sending to suggest for their next delivery. i.e Mr smith 34 Corn road, If you have sent to him before it shows his name email phone as a suggestion to save the input time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Address Book entry from existing despatched or cloned order

I don't create an Address Book entry for every order. However I'd like to be able to create one afterwards if the person orders again. I shouldn't have to physically create all the fields of the Address Book entry when they're already on a despatched order from which a new order can be cloned. Obviously I have discovered that I can clone an order and then re-apply postage to put in the correct weight, but I can't find any way to add the customer to the Address Book even from the cloned order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New customs form layout bugs

The new layout is generating a cn22 for a UK order.

The other problem is that the recipient is not mentioned anywhere, meaning I have to match forms with parcels by looking at the values. The old form had the recipinets name as a reference.

As an option, can the CN22 label be generated on the same bage as the shipping label. All in one?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Could someone explain the difference between 24/48 Labels?

Hi there - new Click & Drop user here.

I've just bought postage online, Royal Mail 24 service, and the label has a QR code type square on it, and the words "Royal Mail 24".

However, when i look at parcels i have received, and some images online, the labels have "Royal Mail Tracked 24" on them, and they have both a barcode and the QR code. For example - https://tamebay.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Example-of-new-Royal-Mail-barcoded-label.png

Could someone explain why my label does not have the barcode and the word "Tracked" on it?

Kind Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatically print CN22 customs labels for BFPO addresses / BF1 Postcodes.

ALL mail sent to BFPO addresses / BF1 Postcodes requires CN22 customs labels, even if the location is within the UK.

This is probably is case the mail gets forwarded outside the UK.

Can Click & Drop be set to automatically generate CN22 customs labels for British military addresses?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Planned Dispatch Date to be Set / Locked for a Session

Please add a Check Box or an option to allow the Planned Dispatch Date to be Set / Locked for a Session rather than having to be set for each order. Thank you. The option could need resetting every time there is a need to Log On

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show Planned Dispatch Date on Order Ready for Printing Page / Open Orders

Please make the Planned Dispatch Date used for each order visible on Order Ready for Printing / Open Orders page - The Dispatch Date column is empty at present and could be used to show the Planned Dispatch Date used to save making errors before applying and printing the Labels - if different planned dates are used when Manifesting the orders they are Manifested separately even though they are selected for posting on the same day.

Selecting orders to be Manifested should make all orders selected on the same day appear on the Manifest for the day rather than being…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CN22 description characters are truncated

The new CN22 layout is limiting the customs description to 24 characters, whereas the import field specification is 50. The previous label layout at least managed 48 characters. Please fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base