General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for creating the manifest via the Dropbox.

We have a Dropbox that works flawlessly all day as our items are scanned out of our system.

Then, someone has to log into click and drop, goto the batch, and click manifest and wait for the resulting manifest PDF.

Why isn't there an option to drop manifest file into the Dropbox and get back the PDF?

No waiting for it to generate, my system can see the PDF and print it, just like it does the PDF labels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Manifesting Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paying Last Month Billed invoice as Daily Direct Payments

At the moment I'm dividing my bill by the number of days to payment deadline. Doing it as daily payments.

It would be better if you could setup a manageable direct daily debit with royalmail for your last month postage bill.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bigger barcode on manifest

Scanning barcodes on my A4 manifest sheet is hit and miss when I drop off my bags. I've seen that several other people have this issue too.
    I've got a decent inkjet with decent paper and run them out best quality. Some times they scan, sometimes they don't.

Could the barcode be generated a bit bigger at manifest? Just a simple code fix to resize the box and there's plenty of room to do it.
    A simple fix to save a lot of hassle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Manifesting Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No search bar on click & drop desktop.?

There is no search bar on click and drop site where we can search manifested orders with either Royal mail customer reference number or buyer name etc. It takes time to go to manifested order page select 500 orders per page and find the order with CTRL F on every page.

Shouldn't be that manually.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Manifesting Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create Manifests from Order NOT Batches

This is a MUST for ANY Retailer in the UK -

When we have labelled all orders (can be hundreds) We must have (it's so simple surely!) the option to create a manifest by orders and NOT batches - After all it gives you the option to tick all individual orders on the left - and at the bottom choose manifest anyway! It just does batches - That's no good to about 95% of online retailers - for example if we need to put ALL under 100g Large Letters in one manifest the option is not there - A simple…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Apply button for order list should be with the orders, not in the footer

I'm new to the site and each time I use it I can't find the apply button which is in the black area which is usually the footer of this site(which is not intuitive). It should be immediately below the list and part of the user flow rather than detached at the bottom. I'm sure I'll remember where the button is but I think it should be a lot more obvious.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hyphenate the long manifest order number

it'd make manifested order numbers MUCH easier to both read and write onto labels if they were hyphenated:

eg 5079123123 would become 5079-123-123

I think the difference speaks for itself. Would also benefit those reading the bag labels.
    plus, it's veeeeery simple and quick to code

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. NONE OBL - PRINT A RETURNS LABEL at same time as printing postage label

Team, Can we allow none OBL customers using C&D to pay and print a returns label when printing the normal postage label? This "Returns Label" should not have a "Post By End of..." date on it as the customer may wish to return within 30days so it shoudl not be time limited.
    I am not a OBL customer so i do not "Manifest" when i use C&D but i would like this facility to make it easy for me to use Royal Mail for Returns - currently using a different supplier for returns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Future Dating Batches - Manifest on the day you process the orders with the future date on the manifest

When you future date your batches you should be abe to manifest for that date at the same time.

So if i have items going out the next day i should be able to manifest today with tomorrows date on the manifest.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Manifesting Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be great to be able to auto-generate bulk posting

It would be great to be able to auto-generate bulk posting certificates as a personal customer account, either by batch or by selecting multiple orders. Even doing this via importing to an editable PDF form is more time-consuming than I'd like.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Manifesting Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New PPI order number not accepted at post office

The Post office refused to take my PPI as he could not input the new manifest order number.

New order number with A letter and dashes.

We have paid the postage but can not send.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to delete manifested order.

Why can't I delete manifested orders to prevent being charged postage for items that have not left the warehouse? For example I have generated labels and manifested the batch only to be told that perhaps one of the items is out of stock. But I'll get charged for the shipping fees nevertheless! And there isn't a way for me to dispute the charges either.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have the Tracking Reports automated

DMO allowed us to have a CSV automatically emailed to us every day which contained all the shipped items from the previous day and their corresponding tracking details. We could then process this and send this information on to our customers. Why is the functionality not available in C&D? We are now having to do this all manually which seems like a step backwards, not forwards!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Typestyle Size and white space in layout

I know we are encouraging large typestyles and clear screens for ease of reading, but I feel you have gone over the top and could reduce the white space on some pages in order to include lower down fields in the same view.
    The problem of having to scroll down to lower fields is evident on many of the product creation and order creation fields as well as the address book. Such a waste of space.
    Mine is a traditional small screen, it must look even more pronounced on wide screen PC's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scheduled Posting Report by Email

When an order is manifested, it would be useful from an auditability perspective, to have an email sent back to the person who created the batch import confirming information such as...

Order number, Channel reference, Customer, Postcode, Despatch Date, Shipping Service, Service Code, Tracking number

If this data is provided in a html form within the email, it can then be copied out and pasted into appropriate forms/tables.

We used to have this setup in DMO, but now our headoffice import the orders, have to wait until after the post has been manifested, and then try and manually extract the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Manifesting Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow me to double check my orders before manifesting

I would like to be able to check whether I have chosen 'letter' 'large letter' or 'parcel' after I have printed the label, but BEFORE I manifest.
    At the moment I can't see a way to do this, but I want to double check my orders for possible mistakes before I submit them :(

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Manifesting Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Manifest prints to label printer

For some strange reason, C&D has just started printing the manifest to the label printer and not to our main A4 default printer.
    In the past, it has always printed to our default A4 and the labels to our zebra label printer.
    We have auto printing via print assist, and the only way we have found to get it to print to the default A4 printer is to change the printer in autoprint for the labels temporarily to the A4 printer and then back again so the labels print to the zebra.
    Why has this changed?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Manifesting Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. says manifest in progress, impossible to speak to anyone at royal mail!!

Fridays orders would not manifest, just says manifest in progress, it still says that today??? tried for over a hour phoning royal mails lousy support line but no one answered!! (same as every other time tried calling) disgusting, taken all orders to post office yesterday afternoon as was running out of time before post office closed, theres no manifest with the my post, extremely worried going to have late parcels as I could lose my TRS badge on ebay which would hit my sales badly, weekend ruined,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base