General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically reprint label after changing address

When I edit an address, why do I then have to select it and click on "Re-generate labels" at the bottom of the screen to get it to print out?

Surely the whole reason for editing an address is to generate a new label, otherwise why would it need editing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, forcing the system to reprint the label may cause other customers to use paper and ink unnecessarily, and this is the reason why offer the ‘re-generate label’ function, so you can control when your own labels are produced.

2. oba down

For the last week, every time we have gone on to OBA around 1.30pm to 2.30pm, when we need to print our invoice, OBA has been down.

Today we wanted to go on OBA to check a price before we completed our Click and Drop orders, but we couldn’t because it was down.

We process the order via C+D, manifested and got the final price. That price was a LOT higher than we had expected. Had we been able to check OBA and got the correct price, or if C+D gave us a price BEFORE manifesting, we would not have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your feedback. We were not aware of OBA systems being down during those times. We would strongly urge you to contact our support team who will be able to identify any specific issues with your account, and provide a resolution.
    We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

3. Stop messing about with Royal Mail On-line services!

Has no-one at Royal Mail ever heard the expression "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I've just been forced to use Click & Drop after years of using other means of on-line payment & label printing. I found the whole experience as user-friendly as a cornered rat. To add insult to injury I found (after paying) that I couldn't take my Parcel to a Post Office. Please consider me no-longer a supporter of Royal Mail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Click & Drop Desktop

New Click & Drop Desktop....

"In order to use Click & Drop Desktop, you must use a computer or device running Microsoft Windows 7 or above"

You couldn't make it up. Please stop trying to dictate to your customers what technology they should use!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Return address on label resize looks terrible

Last night there's been an update. This morning I've seen what it is. The return address has been increased in size. It looks TERRIBLE. Also in the past there's been many reroutes due to machines misinterpreting where mail is to go and sending stuff back to return address. Surely this will just exacerbate this? While on the subject of labels the little hand scanner symbol below the return address really needs to be higher resolution most label printers can do 200 dpi with 300 being the norm and that symbol looks to be less than 70dpi

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New update (end Oct) enabled logo to be added to shipping label

Has anyone else found that logo is only adds to Amazon orders. We found that orders generated via Ebay are not adding logo to shipping label.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Not all Amazon orders are appearing in C & D,

We use Amazon and Ebay and while ebay orders always apear in C&D for us to process we have seen that many Amazon orders are not being transfered across and so we are having to input them manuely and run the risk of missing an order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Return address on labels wrong font problem

For the last week or so (possibly since the last release of CnD OBA on the 23rd), we are having issues with Click&Drop Shipping labels via dropbox having the wrong (or a substitute) font on the return address.
    The font is correct when we regenerate the label in CnD (which goes
    direct to the printer using print assist)

The font is too big - as big as the delivery address, so could get
    confused. We have checked this on multiple
    computers, & the error is consistent. The incorrect font also shows as
    incorrect on screen - Is one of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Incomplete Magento 2 Integration

The Magento 2 Integration does not populate the carrierCode attribute when connecting to Magento 2, so it is not possible to correctly identify which tracking numbers are from Royal Mail.

Please set the carrierCode attribute to something unique such as "royalmail" or "rm".

Without it customers are unable to track their package and tracking numbers are not recognised by Amazon when Magento 2 synchronises with Amazon.

Now if there was an API that we could access this would not be an issue, but as Royal Mail have chosen to make their own 'integrations' with multiple platforms, we are now forced…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Processing Order Status for On Hold Orders

We use C&D to process orders from our magento website. Often our orders are made to order due to the nature of our business. For this we need an 'On Hold' or 'Processing' status within C&D so that orders do not get duplicated on a daily basis.
    We cannot print the postage label until the item is ready to leave the building as this notifies the customer that their order has been despatched. Idealy once we print the despatch note the order should go to 'Processing' and stay there until the label is printed. Which means 'New' and 'Postage Applied'…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, as free to use software, Click & Drop lacks the same functionality as some subscription based order management software. We are not currently planning to include any new order statuses.
    Our recommendation would be to leave the orders in ‘Postage applied’ status until you are ready to generate the labels for them.

12. Just let me log on

I've wasted hours trying to log on to this click and drop thing. Old password not accepted and neither is trying to create a new account. Completely ridiculous. Hermes it is then

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Scan the parcel for 'Click and Drop Tracked Parcels' when the customer presents the parcel.

When I drop off a tracked parcel. It would be good if the parcel could be acknowledged on the system in real-time. It is a tracked service and that should start immediately. I obtained a certificate of posting at 9.20 and it was still not acknowledged on the system at 9.55. It was at the Taunton sorting Office ref: TN045009937GB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Help! CN22s with imported orders are including shipping costs in the total goods column.

There is a glitch that Royal Mail Click and Drop IT are aware of. The CN22s are suddenly including shipping costs in the total goods box for orders correctly imported by .csv file. It was reported last week (w/e 12/10/18) and I have chased it but 3-4 working days later it still has not been rectified. We were urged to spend huge amounts of time and money ensuring we were compliant with Royal Mail regulations for printing out CN22s via Click and Drop. We are now told we cannot use any part of the CN22s until fixed. We have to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Send email notifications when there is a problem with the system for example after an update. Would save telephone calls etc

Send email notifications when there is a problem with the system for example after an update. Emails are sent out detailing the update so the same could be done when there is a problem. This would save calls to the support centre.

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Barcode number printed on Manifest

My local post office are saying they are having a hard time with my click and drop manifests now they have to scan them in. I'm printing the manifests in A4 and the barcode won't scan. There isn't a number underneath the barcode so they can't manually put it into the system.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you all for your suggestions.
    Our barcodes are clearly readable when printed on good quality paper or labels.
    If there are issues with your labels being scanned in at the Post Office, we urge you to contact Royal Mail customer services who will be able to pursue this issue further. Unfortunately, this website is for suggestions relating to the Click & Drop website only.

17. Edit Orders

In the latest release it says "We now allow you to edit orders in 'label generated status'. If your customer requests as change of address after you have generated a label, you will no longer need to reset the order to make the change.
    I am unable to see how to do this as when i generate a lable it auto goes to dispatched and unable to edit it???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News from Click & Drop Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thank you for your feedback.
    We allow you to edit your labels before they have reached ‘despatched’ status, as this assumes you have placed your items in the post already.
    You might need to check if you have the ‘mark as despatched in channel’ option ticked in your integration settings. Otherwise, you will need to completely reset the order and generate a new label.

18. Just make the website easier to navigate

Recognise that some people only use the site occasionally - even giving feedback has been more complicated than it needs to be. There needs to be a route through the website for occasional one-off users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If multiple SKU weigh more then 2 kg should be allow to split it

If 2 different SKU combined order weight 2.4 Kg it should be give a separation of that 2 SKU and make is Parcel 1 and Parcel 2 added to
    Order id and also buyer notify that there is multiple parcels.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.
    Unfortunately, the kind of functionality you are suggesting is quite sophisticated. Click & Drop is a free service, and as such will never have the same functionality as some subscription based order management solutions.

20. Allow Multiple lables to be produced per consignment. - we regularly have more than one parcel going to the same address.

Old system used to ask how many labels you required, we regularly have more than one label per address. having to re type the same label over and over is wasting time and proves problematic trying to track multiple consignments to the same address,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. Our system usually assumes that one order will equal one package. We are working on the ability to combine and merge orders, and we also offer you the functionality to save customer details to your address book so that you can quickly create a new label for the same address.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base