General

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return address on label resize looks terrible

Last night there's been an update. This morning I've seen what it is. The return address has been increased in size. It looks TERRIBLE. Also in the past there's been many reroutes due to machines misinterpreting where mail is to go and sending stuff back to return address. Surely this will just exacerbate this? While on the subject of labels the little hand scanner symbol below the return address really needs to be higher resolution most label printers can do 200 dpi with 300 being the norm and that symbol looks to be less than 70dpi

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Despatch/Pick list not printing

Over the past week or so, we no longer get the despatch note label printing out along with the postage label.
    Using a Zebra GK420D with auo print, it used to just churn out both labels per order, now even if I go to regenerate labels, only the postage one comes out.
    I have checked settings, and all appears to be set for 6x4 labels for everything.
    Anything I may have missed or is this broken for others too?
    I have tried signing out and back in, turning off auto-print, our of ideas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Portugal and Customs Labels

It seems to be an error - I produced postage labels for 8 items today - one of which was going to Lisboa in Portugal. For some reason a CN22 form was also generated!

I thought Portugal was still in the EU....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A better process for refunds need to be put in place - Business Customers

Business refunds for labels please, this is nuts. We spend tens of thousands a year with RM and they only implement a postage label refund for personal customers?

We have ah an item sent back to find out there is nothing wrong with the address and we cannot apply for a refund as we are a business customer. So we lose the postage and have to pay again. Or go through the agony of a form and having to post it for 0.60p

Outrageous

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Click and drop website

The website has just caused me a lot of pain as it is not very clear where I could drop off a parcel. It asked for my postcode and then suggested I could drop off at my local post office. This turned out to be incorrect and I had to travel a considerable distance to a service centre. Had I known this, I would not have used Click and Drop. Here’s a suggestion - improve customer experience by indicating the nearest drop off point BEFORE actually asking for payment, giving the customer a choice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for your suggestion. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Our website does state at the top of the payment page which services can be taken to a Post Office and which can be taken to a Customer Service Point. This information is visible before you are asked to pay for any postage.
    If you have a difficulty with an individual Post Office branch, we would recommend contacting Royal Mail customer services who will be able to resolve this for you.

6. Customer Services Live Chat

Why not produce a Live Chat that can be quickly and easily accessed through the C & D System where we can chat directly with a Human Customer Services Representative? This surely would speed up your reaction times!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Click & Drop Desktop

New Click & Drop Desktop....

"In order to use Click & Drop Desktop, you must use a computer or device running Microsoft Windows 7 or above"

You couldn't make it up. Please stop trying to dictate to your customers what technology they should use!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Barcode number printed on Manifest

My local post office are saying they are having a hard time with my click and drop manifests now they have to scan them in. I'm printing the manifests in A4 and the barcode won't scan. There isn't a number underneath the barcode so they can't manually put it into the system.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you all for your suggestions.
    Our barcodes are clearly readable when printed on good quality paper or labels.
    If there are issues with your labels being scanned in at the Post Office, we urge you to contact Royal Mail customer services who will be able to pursue this issue further. Unfortunately, this website is for suggestions relating to the Click & Drop website only.

9. Improve Refund System

Money taken within seconds, refund requested, it's now the second day after the expiry of the label and still no refund. Am I impressed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Automatic refunds are processed after 5 days. This is an anti-fraud mechanism to allow our systems to detect unpaid parcels within our network. If after the 5 days the label has not been scanned, your money will be refunded.

10. Size options for mailing sacks

Some online businesses like me don't send much post. Often I hand in 4 huge mail sacks containing about 10 letter sized packages between them, tied with thick plastic cable ties. It would be better to have the option of ordering small size sacks if they are needed.

Also the sacks should be turned inside out when they are emptied because a few times I have found letters or parcels in them (which I put back through), which explains some of the lost or late post.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Royal Mail Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ...fix import settings to not update product data when option is unticked

It looks like the products catalog is being added to every time a CSV import is used, even though the selection box to "Update product data" is unticked. We don't use the built in product management as they're defined per order import. There must be an unnecessary overhead of processing and storing this data. With the need to provide electronic customs data from Jan '19, the extra product info that is inevitably going to be imported is just going to compound this issue. Please fix the tick box operation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.
    The update functionality you have described is only used to update existing products if the SKU imported matches an existing product within Click & Drop.
    When you add a new SKU that does not match an existing product, a new product is created automatically.
    if you wish for your existing products to be overwritten by any changes in the data you import – please leave the “Update product data” option checked.

12. CSV Import only uploads the first row

When importing orders from a 3rd party csv, the import stopped working. The import page shows the correct amount of rows after selecting the CSV, but once you click import, it only uploads the first row (ignoring the headers ofcourse).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New update (end Oct) enabled logo to be added to shipping label

Has anyone else found that logo is only adds to Amazon orders. We found that orders generated via Ebay are not adding logo to shipping label.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If multiple SKU weigh more then 2 kg should be allow to split it

If 2 different SKU combined order weight 2.4 Kg it should be give a separation of that 2 SKU and make is Parcel 1 and Parcel 2 added to
    Order id and also buyer notify that there is multiple parcels.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.
    Unfortunately, the kind of functionality you are suggesting is quite sophisticated. Click & Drop is a free service, and as such will never have the same functionality as some subscription based order management solutions.

15. go back to the printing system where you could print the proper size for a quarter page label.

The system for buying is easier, but what a shambles the printing out of labels has become. It is so old-fashioned and wasteful to cut out a ridiculously-sized label from an A4 sheet and stick it on. I used to be able to print out landscape onto a quarter page label to fit a standard envelope, but I have had to waste a half-page label to print a size that is neither here nor there, then cut it down to fit, a really disgusting retrograde step. If I could have turned it sideways on I could have fitted it onto…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can tracking codes be automatically sent back to WooCommerce?

When a label is generated and paid for, can the tracking number be sent back to Woocommerce and automatically added to that order? At the moment I'm manually copying and pasting all the tracking numbers back to Woocommerce.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to pass this information to WooCommerce stores specifically due to the way their system handles our data. This can be achieved by configuring some 3rd party plugins, but we are not able to recommend or offer support for any 3rd party software.
    We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

17. Extend valid period of label

Why, oh why, is the period for which the label is valid so short? I no longer use these in case I can't get down to the postbox/office in the next 24 hours, or if the person entrusted with it cannot, in which case I have wasted my money. Additionally if it still gets posted it causes great inconvenience and expense to the recipient. This doesn't happen with stamps, why should it with the label???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately a label is not the same as a stamp, and we would urge you not to generate the label unless you know you will be able to post if in time.
    If you have been unable to post your items in time, please contact our support team who will be able to issue you a refund.

18. Automatically reprint label after changing address

When I edit an address, why do I then have to select it and click on "Re-generate labels" at the bottom of the screen to get it to print out?

Surely the whole reason for editing an address is to generate a new label, otherwise why would it need editing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, forcing the system to reprint the label may cause other customers to use paper and ink unnecessarily, and this is the reason why offer the ‘re-generate label’ function, so you can control when your own labels are produced.

19. oba down

For the last week, every time we have gone on to OBA around 1.30pm to 2.30pm, when we need to print our invoice, OBA has been down.

Today we wanted to go on OBA to check a price before we completed our Click and Drop orders, but we couldn’t because it was down.

We process the order via C+D, manifested and got the final price. That price was a LOT higher than we had expected. Had we been able to check OBA and got the correct price, or if C+D gave us a price BEFORE manifesting, we would not have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you for your feedback. We were not aware of OBA systems being down during those times. We would strongly urge you to contact our support team who will be able to identify any specific issues with your account, and provide a resolution.
    We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

20. Multiple parcels, same order

We frequently have orders too big for one box under the Royal Mail 2nd class weight limit, so often choose to ship these in two boxes 2nd class instead of one box 1st class (even if sending first class, we may need to split into multiple boxes). With DMO this was no issue, you simply entered the weight of the second box and bingo, 2 labels generated. Doesn't seem to be the option with Click n Drop, so we have to manually create another label. Please can this be reinstated?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thanks for your suggestions. Our system usually assumes that one order will equal one package. We are working on the ability to combine and merge orders, and we also offer you the functionality to save customer details to your address book so that you can quickly create a new label for the same address.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base