General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display product size/colour variations on despatch note

We would like to be able to display product variation fields such as 'Size' and 'Colour' alongside the product name on the despatch notes.

We have created a Product Catalogue on C&D with the variations written in the product name but sadly when orders are imported from Magento using the API, the Magento store view product name (with no variation data) overrides any custom Product name data created in C&D.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately as a free-to-use shipping solution, Click & Drop does not support kit or variant products, and we do not offer customisable despatch notes.
    This functionality could be expected from subscription based order management software.
    We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

2. Return address on label resize looks terrible

Last night there's been an update. This morning I've seen what it is. The return address has been increased in size. It looks TERRIBLE. Also in the past there's been many reroutes due to machines misinterpreting where mail is to go and sending stuff back to return address. Surely this will just exacerbate this? While on the subject of labels the little hand scanner symbol below the return address really needs to be higher resolution most label printers can do 200 dpi with 300 being the norm and that symbol looks to be less than 70dpi

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Combine or Merge orders

A function to merge orders.

Functionality:

You checkbox the orders you wish to combine then select the function from the lower right dropdown and products from both would pull into one order. Validation on address match would be necessary. Reference to original orders would need to be retained as they will need to post through to despatch on the sales channel(s) in question.

Another way to approach the logic might be to simply allow the despatch of multiple orders as one despatch.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your suggestions, but we have decided to decline this feature request. While it has some limited order management functionality, Click & Drop was designed primarily as a shipping solution, instead of an order management solution.
    We are looking to introduce the ability to specify more than one unique label per order, which along with our existing clone order functionality, will cover the basics needed to get the right number of labels for your eCommerce orders.

4. Combine/merge orders

The ability to combine orders into a single shipment has been raised before and was declined on 12/9/19 by Click&Drop Admin. With the increasing importance of electronic customs information and printed CN22 documents there is a danger of incorrect information being sent and I urge Click&Drop Admin to reconsider this suggestion.

Consider two orders for single products - creating the postage for either will result in incorrect information being used for customs. Really need the ability to combine the orders as manually updating the products on one order is error prone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your suggestions, but we have decided to decline this feature request. While it has some limited order management functionality, Click & Drop was designed primarily as a shipping solution, instead of an order management solution.
    We are looking to introduce the ability to specify more than one unique label per order, which along with our existing clone order functionality, will cover the basics needed to get the right number of labels for your eCommerce orders.

5. Allow Copy and Paste in online claim forms

Currently the online forms for the claims doesn't allow to copy and paste the details that you have to enter there, i.e you cannot paste the recipient name, or address or anything, you have to type it in manually. This makes this cumbersome process even more frustrating, please allow copy and paste in Claims online forms.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  News from Click & Drop Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Label Generating not working correctly

There appears to be an error often when generating labels. The label doesn't generate which results in having to refresh the page and manually re-generate the paperwork to retrieve the labels. Is this fault experienced by others? Will this be looked into? Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all and thanks for your suggestions. Issues with label generation are usually the result of an issue with your browser downloading pdf files, or are the result of invalid service, country, or packaging format combinations.
    If you encounter issues obtaining labels, we would urge you to contact our support team who will be able to help with at any account specific errors.
    Their details can be found here: https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115003806094-Contact-Support

7. Variations - NOTHS, Etsy, Magento

We are very disappointed that the dispatch notes do not pull through variations. We spent a lot of time setting up click and drop, with product uploads, shipping rules etc and over hauled our system to start offering tracked delivery options. However, as soon as we started using it, we found it almost impossible for us. Well over 50% of our orders are personalized or have colour or size variations. Currently the only option is to print off orders from the original site and match it up with click and drop labels. On a busy day this can be up…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately as a free-to-use shipping solution, Click & Drop does not support kit or variant products, and we do not offer customisable despatch notes.
    This functionality could be expected from subscription based order management software.
    We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

8. Despatch/Pick list not printing

Over the past week or so, we no longer get the despatch note label printing out along with the postage label.
    Using a Zebra GK420D with auo print, it used to just churn out both labels per order, now even if I go to regenerate labels, only the postage one comes out.
    I have checked settings, and all appears to be set for 6x4 labels for everything.
    Anything I may have missed or is this broken for others too?
    I have tried signing out and back in, turning off auto-print, our of ideas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. the delivery offices have long queues. there should be 2 queues - parcel drop off & parcel collection

the delivery offices have long queues. there should be 2 queues - parcel drop off & parcel collection

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import UK only orders from eBay, Amazon, etc

Hi,

Can we please have a setting within the integrations for eBay, Amazon, etc to import UK orders only?

At the moment all orders are being imported. I would like to import only UK orders (Mainland UK, Channel Islands, etc).

I use the Post Office for all my international mail so I have to delete non UK orders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for your suggestion, it is not possible for us to selectively download orders, but there is a workaround to this issue. You could create a shipping rule to mark all non-UK orders from your Amazon store as ‘Despatched by other courier’.

11. Self serve machines should be able to process proof of postage for click & drop

It is ridiculous that, when using Click & Drop services, you still have to queue in the post office for a proof of purchase. If I'm having to queue anyway, I may as well just use the counter services in the first place. It would save a lot of time and resources if the self serve machines in the Post Offices could scan the QR code printed on the postage label and print a proof of purchase. Please forward this suggestion to the relevant department (if this isn't it) as a lot of suggestions on here seem to be closed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately, the Post Office is a separate company, so we would urge you to contact them, or to put your complaint to Royal Mail customer services, as they will be the right people to help you. This UserVoice page is only for the Click & Drop website itself.

12. Portugal and Customs Labels

It seems to be an error - I produced postage labels for 8 items today - one of which was going to Lisboa in Portugal. For some reason a CN22 form was also generated!

I thought Portugal was still in the EU....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add an option to generate VAT invoices instead of despatch notes.

Please add an option to generate VAT invoices instead of despatch notes. This would save a lot time and double printing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove cancelled marketplace orders from C&D

When an order is cancelled on eBay, Amazon, Etsy etc it should be removed from C&D. Or at least highlighted as cancelled.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. WH SMITHS + CLICK & DROP = NIGHTMARE!!

WH Smith and click and drop in Sutton, Wallington system doesn't work! Shutting down post offices and giving it to WH Smith is a big mistake!!!

1.The the click and drop machines are always broken, they have 2 members of staff on the desk, 1 staff member at the desk has to often leave the desk to regularly to help at the on click and drop machines, because they have no support. People just dump scanned items over the counter. It's a mess!!!
    2.The ques are average 10min's or more because they only have 2 staff
    3.Most people leave rather…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make it much much clearer that the click and drop service cannot be dropped off at a regular post office

It is an absolute nuisance that some Royal mail services can be dropped off at post offices, while others can't. I expect parcel force to be different, but why different processes for different Royal mail services? Very annoyed, wasted visit to post office, and no chance of getting the parcel to a Royal Mail drop off centre. Its not enough to Bury this information in the small print. Make it very clear at the ordering stage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shipping Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A better process for refunds need to be put in place - Business Customers

Business refunds for labels please, this is nuts. We spend tens of thousands a year with RM and they only implement a postage label refund for personal customers?

We have ah an item sent back to find out there is nothing wrong with the address and we cannot apply for a refund as we are a business customer. So we lose the postage and have to pay again. Or go through the agony of a form and having to post it for 0.60p

Outrageous

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Click and drop website

The website has just caused me a lot of pain as it is not very clear where I could drop off a parcel. It asked for my postcode and then suggested I could drop off at my local post office. This turned out to be incorrect and I had to travel a considerable distance to a service centre. Had I known this, I would not have used Click and Drop. Here’s a suggestion - improve customer experience by indicating the nearest drop off point BEFORE actually asking for payment, giving the customer a choice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for your suggestion. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Our website does state at the top of the payment page which services can be taken to a Post Office and which can be taken to a Customer Service Point. This information is visible before you are asked to pay for any postage.
    If you have a difficulty with an individual Post Office branch, we would recommend contacting Royal Mail customer services who will be able to resolve this for you.

19. Customer Services Live Chat

Why not produce a Live Chat that can be quickly and easily accessed through the C & D System where we can chat directly with a Human Customer Services Representative? This surely would speed up your reaction times!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Barcode number printed on Manifest

My local post office are saying they are having a hard time with my click and drop manifests now they have to scan them in. I'm printing the manifests in A4 and the barcode won't scan. There isn't a number underneath the barcode so they can't manually put it into the system.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you all for your suggestions.
    Our barcodes are clearly readable when printed on good quality paper or labels.
    If there are issues with your labels being scanned in at the Post Office, we urge you to contact Royal Mail customer services who will be able to pursue this issue further. Unfortunately, this website is for suggestions relating to the Click & Drop website only.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base