General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manifest when I want

So I get a collection at 4pm and will have all sacks ready to be collected with manifest. However I keep working and packing sometimes in the evening but then C&D auto manifests at 6:30pm.....
    Does this mean those manifested at the 6:30pm slot have to be put into different sacks.

What if I want to do a bit of packing on Sat night, Sunday afternoon would it not make sense just to manifest when you want so we can pack our parcels when we want to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

For confirmation, the auto manifest option only commences if a label has been produced and no data is sent to OBA. Auto manifesting also does not run on Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holidays. In the example you have mentioned where your mail has been collected and you continue to generate labels up until 6 30, if you are taking the items to a Royal Mail Customer Service Point or Post Office counter, you should manifest again that same night to obtain your paperwork, if you are presenting them on your collection the next day alongside your next days orders, the items can all be included in the same bags per format / class combination. In this scenario the items you prepared after 16 00 would be ignored when the auto manifest process commences because you have manifested that day.

Click & Drop Support

2. Selecting the position of a label to be printed

In the, soon to be defunct, On Line Postage system you are able to click to tell the 'system' which label position on a sheet of 2 or 4 you would like to print. Why have you gone back to the ark by not having this on Click and Drop? I run a very small business and have sporadic orders. I have logoed labels. At the moment I just click on the label position I want to use in the On Line Postage system and it's printed out. Lovely! I tried the Click and Drop system today...if I want to…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re pleased to announce this functionality is now available for customers accessing Click & Drop with Paypal. To access this feature, click on settings and templates, choose the A4 template and 4 per A4 option. You will then be given the choice of where to start printing when you print your label.

Thanks for you patience whilst we delivered this feature.

Click & Drop Support

3. Allow import of orders with a custom status

C&D is a pain to use, so many things that it could easily do but doesn't, another thing that I can't fathom is why C&D only imports Magento orders as "Processing", trouble is with that is that we use several couriers and C&D is bringing in orders for UPS, collection orders etc. and it just makes finding orders in the list to ship even longer than it should be. We have a customer order status for "Packed - Ready to ship - Royal Fail", all I should do really is paste that description into C&D and C&D only import orders…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rectify Averaging Weights BIG FLAW IN CLICK & DROP

Hi,
    I’ve just realized that i’ve been getting charged more for my items dispatched due to Click & Drops redicoulus averaging weight system this is a big issue if you do not keep an eye on it i’ve lost over £3886 over 4 months due to this issue and are now haveing my looked at and adjusted due the stupid click & Drop averaging weights, I used to use zen stores as a dispatch software and had no issues with averaging weights and being over charged so why can’t Click & Drop do this, I’ll explain below what the issue…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

thank you for the feedback, however Click & Drop is working to the product specifications you have ordered. Click & Drop is designed around the rules of accessing the postage products you are ordering and will calculate the average weight for average weight products such as the RM 24/48 product range for example CRL and send data to OBA for weight band products in the appropriate weight band for example STL.

If you want to be billed separately for different weight bands, then the product you need to order is STL / BPL.

Click & Drop Support

5. Have a stand alone option for Tracked Returns labels

Apologies if this has already been put forward, however, after being a DMO user for many years, there are some features that are disappointing not available on Click & Drop and one is the ability to just print a generic tracked returns label. It seems you can only do this against an order that has been created which means it populates that customers return address which is no good when we need it for a totally different customer. We are having to run DMO alongside this just so we can print standard returns labels

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. System is far too prescriptive and doesn't recognise common addresses

Your click and drop system is HOPELESS.

First it forces you to put in a name. Many people sending messages to businesses won't have a name.

Second, it won't accept the HMRC Tax Credits postcode of:

HM Revenue and Customs
    Tax Credit Office
    BX9 1ER
    United Kingdom

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/tax-credits-enquiries

I would have thought that quite a few people would be sending messages to this address... not through click and drop apparently.

Hopeless!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customer Delivery Instructions Printed on Parcel Labels

It seems incredibly bizarre that this does not already exist. It would be pertinent to include the customer delivery instructions on the printed address label. Many of our customers have special places to leave a parcel, I foresee a number of avoidable re-deliveries, especially if not implemented prior to the Christmas season.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Currently the Royal Mail Account Terms and Conditions only allow the display of delivery instructions on Tracked Services. This is due to the agreement between account holders and Royal Mail, and the Safe Place Capabilities.

In order to have Delivery Instructions displayed on a label Tracked Services, such as Tracked 24 or Tracked 48, should be used. If you don’t currently have access to these services, you can request them by contacting your Royal Mail Sales contact or the Support Team on 08457 950 950.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

8. All I want to do is print a DL envelope

All I want to do is send a letter... I don't want a dispatch note. I don't want to harmonise codes. I don't want to squish a landscape 6 x 4 (inches? come on...) on to a DL. All I want to do is post a business letter. Please. Royal Mail...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We are aware that the Click & Drop site can be confusing for some customers who just require single postage.

We have been working to improve the help on the site, as well as improved documentation, based on feedback like this from our customers.

It may be that using the Get Started Now button on the main https://parcel.royalmail.com/ page is more suited for your needs. This will take you through a step by step process to produce a single label which can be printed directly on an envelope, label, or plain paper.

If you have registered and logged in, then please be aware that you will need to use the Create Order button to create a single label. We are aware that the use of the word “Order” can be misleading, but you do only need to enter the package dimensions and recipients details.…

9. Cn22

CN22 generation is very weak. It doesnt seem to be automated with the label. There are 7 fields to fill in on a CN22 not including the user signature. Royal Mail has ALL the information to put in these fields and chooses to populate ONE field. WHY? What is the point!! Why did you bother. LOL

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  7 comments  ·  News from Click & Drop Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  News from Click & Drop Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you have having issues with the labels you are printing.

There are several different label templates that can be used (please see the guide on how to set these at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template- ).

Also it is possible to reduce the size of the label printed using your printer settings. You will need to refer to your printers user guide on how to do this but you can reduce the size of a label by up to 50% depending on the print quality.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

12. Despatched by an ‘other courier’ still not available

Despatched by an ‘other courier’ still not available.

The most recent update claimed that this would be available as a postage option.

Can't seem to find it..............

Any ideas...........

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comment.

The Despatched by Other Courier status should now be visible to you, so apologies for the confusion caused.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

13. Pre Pay

I have an Online Postage account at the moment and prepay my postage for our small business, this means that i print one Royal Mail invoice each time I load the prepay account . Once this closes I will be forced to use the Drop&Go and pay for individual items so print 50-60 invoices per month which is crazy. In addition the Drop&Go service needs to be paid by paypal/creditcard and I dont want others in my business being able to use my paypal/credit card accounts as i cant control the spends. Apparently I dont qualify for the OBA as…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

As has been stated, the pre-pay option no longer exists in Click & Drop.
    However, we are looking into this, and the different options that we can use.

As an alternative, it is possible to add funds to a Paypal account which can then be used in a similar manner. While we are aware that this is not the same as the prepay option in Online Postage, it does offer some similar functionality.

We will keep you updated with any developments on this subject.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

14. Show pricing before you generate label

New to C&D and not sure if I am missing something. It makes perfect sense to see the price of the postage you are applying (or has been automatically applied) before you generate the label to avoid errors. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your comment. You aren’t missing anything with regard to viewing the prices before generating labels.

Unfortunately, due to the way that pricing is calculated for OBA accounts it isn’t possible to show the price of an individual label, as the price is calculated at the end of day manifesting stage, and is based on all of the items sent for that day.

The price is now displayed once manifesting has been carried out, so that you are aware of what will be added to you OBA account each day.

I hope this of help, but should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

15. Allow shipping rules to delete orders

We use Shopify but this applies to most if not all sales channels. We have Shopify linked with Click & Drop such that our orders come in automatically. However, as well as Royal Mail, we offer some other shipping services (for example, DHL and FedEx) as well as an in-store collection option. It would be useful to be able to, using shipping rules, have Click & Drop delete an order for a given 'store postage method'. Currently it is only possible to apply a postage method to one of these. At the moment we have to manually delete those orders…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shipping Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

You’ll be pleased to hear that we have added the option to mark orders as ‘Despatched by other courier’, which can be performed on the ‘Apply postage’ stage of order processing, or via shipping rules.

This will keep the order in Click & Drop, but it will not appear in your ‘New orders’, ‘Orders ready for printing’, ‘Orders ready for despatch’, or ‘Orders despatched today’ dashboard figures. You will not be able to apply postage or generate labels for orders marked as despatched by another courier, but you will be able to reset or delete the order if you decide.

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

16. 71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  New Marketplace Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Etsy integration with Click & Drop is now available to all users. A guide for this can be found at:
    https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004933034-How-to-integrate-your-Etsy-store

If you have any questions with regard to the Etsy integration, please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team, who will be happy to help.

Thank you
    The Click & Drop Team

More information about the features included in the latest release of Click & Drop can be found at:
    https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004554734-Latest-release-information

17. Dropbox results despatch report not working

When adding a file to be processed in the Dropbox Click and Drop folder, once imported, a results folder is created with a corresponding despatch report for that file. The file is created immediately and only contains the header row and no data.
    When I process the order and mark as despatched, this file is never updated, so there is no way to automatically update the order status on the website and add any tracking information.
    I need to manual export the despatched orders from the reports tab.
    Please advise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Receiving an empty file in the Results folder is normally due to the import file being mapped incorrectly, and there being errors during the Import process.

To check for errors, you can click on the “Order import history” button in the top right corner of the Import screen.

If you are still having issues with this, or wish to discuss this further, please contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com who will be happy to assist you.

Thanks
    The Click & drop Team

18. international large letter maximum sizes

The maximum weight & sizes for international large letters on Click & Drop are different to those given by Royal Mail here: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/121/~/international-size-and-weight-restrictions
    What's going on?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Shipping Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring back International Economy

I post items overseas on behalf of a charity and desperately need to be able to use International Economy (surface mail) for small parcels. We can't afford to spend our hard-earned income on International Standard (airmail). But Economy is not available as an option on C&D and when I phoned the helpline 03456113425 I was told "one or two" people had raised this point but that it "wasn't necessary" to add it to C&D. I found this insulting. Way to go, RM - make the cheaper alternative unavailable in the hope that the customer is too busy to stand in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The International Economy service is now available on Click & Drop for the Large Letter and Small Parcel formats.

If you do encounter any issues when trying to use this service please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team who will be to help.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

20. Fix print assist

Print assist prints 2 labels one 6x4 and one 3x2...pure non sense

Fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David,

We are sorry to hear the issue that you are having with Print Assist.

The issue you have described is normally resolved by changing the settings for your printer, as detailed in the link below.

If changing the printers settings does not resolve this the chances are that Print Assist has been installed as a Windows Service and this is causing the printer settings to be ignored. To rectify this re-installing Print Assist and ensure that the “Install…as a Window service” is unchecked.

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000951654-Troubleshooting-Royal-Mail-Print-Assist

Should the issues still persist please contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base