General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remember that Royal Mail is in the parcel and post business, not software

I have been looking at moving from DMO to Click and Drop, and surprise surprise find everything half-baked and missing huge amounts of information.

I need to understand what service codes I can use - there seems to be no list of service codes - and how they relate to the products in DMO.

Also, it appears from the angry comments in your Click and Drop forum, you have not yet seen fit to include basic functionality such as a simple flag for saying "Signature required on delivery".

You have spent time creating an inventory "do everything" system and have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print Direct not available on Click & Drop after migrating from DMO

Print Direct not available on Click & Drop after migrating from DMO

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News from Click & Drop Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Further to the earlier update
    Due to a misunderstanding of Print Direct, please disregard the previous update (unless you wish to print labels automatically after generating your labels). The Print Direct service is available in Click & Drop. Due to the 1.5kg minimum weight for this service, if the weight of the package is less than this then the service will not appear in the service list at the Apply Postage stage.

If your package is over 1.5kg and the Print Direct services are still not appearing in the service list, then please contact the Help Team who can check if the services are active on your account. They are contactable at business.customer.service@royalmail.com

Sorry for any confusion caused by the earlier reply, and I hope that this helps resolve the issue.

The Click & Drop Team

3. Fix print assist

Print assist prints 2 labels one 6x4 and one 3x2...pure non sense

Fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi David,

We are sorry to hear the issue that you are having with Print Assist.

The issue you have described is normally resolved by changing the settings for your printer, as detailed in the link below.

If changing the printers settings does not resolve this the chances are that Print Assist has been installed as a Windows Service and this is causing the printer settings to be ignored. To rectify this re-installing Print Assist and ensure that the “Install…as a Window service” is unchecked.

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000951654-Troubleshooting-Royal-Mail-Print-Assist

Should the issues still persist please contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

4. This simply DOES NOT WORK !!! I only have the option for Special Delivery,24 or 48 hour delivery!!!!!!and it doesn't allow me to use them

This simply DOES NOT WORK !!! I only have the option for Special Delivery,24 or 48 hour delivery!!!!!!and it doesn't allow me to use them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that the services available to you are not being displayed in Click & Drop.

I have passed this issue on to the OBA Team as they will need to look at your OBA Account settings. Should you wish to contact them for an update you can email them at business.customer.service@royalmail.com

I will also chase this up with the Team to ensure this is resolved as a matter of urgency.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

5. Relook at the whole concept

This system is way too painfully longwinded and clunky if you do more than the 'occasional' stamp. The original SmartStamp was far superior to this current Click & Drop. After printing a whole sheet of A4, spending time cutting the label out, waste the rest of the paper you then have the cost and hassle of using sellotape to then stick the label on. I've tried for 10 minutes to see where to select a different printing option e.g. 4 per page of proper labels or the envelope itself that your FAQs mention but can't see it. It's not clear.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Natalie,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Click & Drop. Whilst we have improved the help guides and shortcuts displayed at first log in, we do understand that some customers do find the site misleading.

To further aid customers in finding the features that they require we have also updated the Help Centre, and below is the link to changing the label templates:
    https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-

Should you have any questions relating to any other features of the site please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

Further help can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb

6. Printing Envelopes

I have read the FAQs below. I find it utterly incomprehensible that you have not developed this new platform straightaway for printing envelopes, especially DL envelopes! Most private customers require this facility and certainly do not wish to be printing labels on A4 paper, cutting them out and then gluing them onto an envelope; nor, do I suggest, that Private customers have any great use for parcel labels. What we do want is the facility to print envelopes as existed in the old on-line postage system.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

Also, there are several different label template options that can be used depending on the printing media you have. A guide on how to change this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

7. Cn22

CN22 generation is very weak. It doesnt seem to be automated with the label. There are 7 fields to fill in on a CN22 not including the user signature. Royal Mail has ALL the information to put in these fields and chooses to populate ONE field. WHY? What is the point!! Why did you bother. LOL

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Print directly on to different sized envelopes

Not having the ability to print directly on to different sized envelopes is adding expense and time.
    Also using more paper, glue and plastics. Very bad for the planet too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

All of the labels in click & Drop can be printed directly on to envelopes, but you will need to refer to your printer user guide for help on how to use different size envelopes with it.

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the option to set a future shipping date in the Field Mapping sections, when importing orders via a spreadsheet

We prepare our orders in advance, and in DMO, it was very easy to set a future shipping date. Now, to set a future shipping date, I have to manually go in and do it - negating the ease of having shipping rules.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News from Click & Drop Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Leigh,

Unfortunately, due to Apple email server settings the registration emails are not accepted from us.

However, if you contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com they will be able send you a link to activate your account.

Thank you
    The Click & Drop Team

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

13. To be able to click on a persons address in the book and it transfers the details onto create postage

To be able to click on your address book and to create postage for one of them, it does not carry over the details of that person in the address book, it all has to be input again, thus making a simple process hard work, this used to work for me beforehand, why change something that was working perfectly well beforehand. This click and drop really is not for the better for personal customers. Totally dissappointed with your new system

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for your comment. The functionality to create postage from an address book entry is available. This can be done by clicking the “Create Order” button next to the address book entry that you want to use (please note that the term “order” is just a means of creating postage and does not require any order items to be entered).

When this is done the address book details should then copy across so that you do not have to enter any details.

I hope this helps with the issue you are having, but if you require further information please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com or reply to this post.

Thank you
    The Click & Drop Team

14. Allow An Order Search Function By Date

It would be hugely helpful if I could search for a specific order by date. The current batch history search doesn't allow me to search by name, only by postcode. The DMO allowed a search by date!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow for a return to be generated without it being attached to a previous order.

As per the old DMO, it would be great if we could generate a stand alone returns label that isn't attached to an order processed via click and drop. For example, an item I sent out 6 months ago via the DMO is faulty and needs to be returned under our warranty. I now have no way of generating and sending a returns label.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to create tracked return labels in bulk is now available in Click & Drop.

A guide on how to use this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001531654-How-to-create-tracked-returns-labels-OBA-accounts-

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    Information about other features included in the latest release can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004554734-Latest-release-information-Online-Business-Account-customers-

16. Change size of Label?

I haven't be able to find the facility to change the size of my postage labels. On the old system you could choose 2 label or 4 label sheet - don't like the choice of just printing on an A4 sheet and then cutting out and sellotaping on - bit naff

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CSV importer is broken and functionality is worse than DMO

The letter which you sent out back in December said that Click and Drop has all the functionality of DMO - and more. It does not and the functionality that's there is broken or incomplete.

When I try to import a CSV file which has empty columns in some of the rows (eg. Address 2 and Address 3 might be blank in some cases), the importer is incorrectly ignoring the columns for that row, thereby shifting the subsequent columns to the left. The CSV file is done to the normal specification, eg.:

"12 High Street","","","Newtown","NT1 1NT"

But if you just…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

An update has been made to the file import functionality in Click & Drop:

- It is now possible to save a file mapping as default so that any files uploaded with empty columns will be recognised
    - Alternative date formats can be selected
    - Service Enhancements can now be mapped

If you have any questions regarding this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards,
    The Click & Drop Team

18. orders from eBay to Jersey currently import address as UK excluding Channel Islands

This might be more of a bug than an idea but I printed 2 labels for a customer from Jersey who purchased through eBay. One label was generated from the eBay import but as the order was over sized it had to be sent as 2 separate parcels so I created a manual order for the second label. The labels looked different to each other and I found that the one from eBay was automatically set to UK - excluding Channel Islands where as the manually created label automatically selected UK - Jersey

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tracked Returns Labels in bulk same as DMO.

We have been forced to sign up as DMO will be no more, yet as it stands C&D is useless to us. We use Linnworks for order processing and have no interest in using C&D to process orders, the only thing we used DMO for is to produce Tracked Returns Labels in bulk, something C&D does not do. Our account manager and C&D team have not been able to offer an answer the question how are we going to produce Tracked Returns Labels once DMO has been turned off? The only thing we can do is look for a different…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to create tracked return labels in bulk is now available in Click & Drop.

A guide on how to use this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001531654-How-to-create-tracked-returns-labels-OBA-accounts-

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    Information about other features included in the latest release can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004554734-Latest-release-information-Online-Business-Account-customers-

20. Saturday Guaranteed via Dropbox

thank you for the January update which enabled Saturday Guaranteed as an option for SD1.

We're migrating from DMO, and really need the option to invoke Saturday Guaranteed as part of the Dropbox import. Please would you add the service enhancements to this products, to include Saturday Guanranteed?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  New Royal Mail Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The functionality to include Service Enhancements, including Saturday Guaranteed Delivery is now available when import orders via a file (through Dropbox or manually importing file). A guide on how to upload an order file, can be found at:
    https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001504193-How-to-import-upload-orders
    This guide contains information about the Service Enhancements at the end.

The specifications of the fields that can be used in the file import can be found at:

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000250093-Order-Import-spreadsheet-field-specifications

Should you have any questions relating to this, or any other features of Click & Drop, please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base