General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Encourage delivery person to scan the labels!

Add the text "scan barcode on delivery" or similar to the labels.

Out of the last 150 parcels I've sent 23 haven't been scanned. This is a 15% failure rate.

Unless it improves I'll continue to only send low value parcels by royal mail and the couriers can continue to have the rest. Your lazy postmen are costing you business!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to download orders on demand

Currently having to wait for orders to magically appear in C&D is a problem if you need to manifest in a hurry to meet collection deadline or post run. A 'refresh' button to check for and download orders and upload 'dispatched' status with tracking would be good.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto Manifest OFF by DEFAULT!

The Auto Manifest option has been mentioned many times in this forum, and they are all against it.

Do NOT mark this as complete with the answer 'contact customer services and ask for it to be turned off' as that is not the answer as this request is for it to be off by default.

I can not see a single reason why anyone would want auto manifest. All post is REQUIRED to have a manifest when presented to Royal Mail. So what use is auto manifest, it doesn't help people who sent their mail and forgot to create a…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Manifest Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.
    The auto manifest process works well for the vast majority of our customers. However, if you wish for it to be disabled, our support team are able to do this for you, as you stated.

4. Multiple parcels, same order

We frequently have orders too big for one box under the Royal Mail 2nd class weight limit, so often choose to ship these in two boxes 2nd class instead of one box 1st class (even if sending first class, we may need to split into multiple boxes). With DMO this was no issue, you simply entered the weight of the second box and bingo, 2 labels generated. Doesn't seem to be the option with Click n Drop, so we have to manually create another label. Please can this be reinstated?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thanks for your suggestions. Our system usually assumes that one order will equal one package. We are working on the ability to combine and merge orders, and we also offer you the functionality to save customer details to your address book so that you can quickly create a new label for the same address.

5. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  New Royal Mail Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for your suggestions. I’m afraid this website is only for the Click & Drop website itself, so we are unable to assist with this complaint. We would urge you to contact Royal Mail customer services who will be able to help.

6. Being able to CANCEL orders so they do not sit in new orders.

We are now sitting with orders that have been cancelled by customers before shipping still showing as new and it is getting messy. Ever who came up with this clearly does not dispatch lots of orders and never thought it through. People cancel orders ALL the time, we need a clean interface to work from. This is now just a mess

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add tracking to first and second class postage

Now that we have tracking/barcodes included on standard shipping to Europe as well as the rest of the world, can we now please have it added to standard 1st and 2nd class postage in the UK so that we can claim back up to £20 for lost and damaged items without having to get proof of postage.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shipping rules not working for multiple item orders

Shipping rules won't be applied if mixed SKUs are ordered. It can only sum only sum item weights and that's all.

However, it works if the same SKU is purchased multiple times in a single order.

Could you look into this? Manuall applying postage is a massive waste of time.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Shipping Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We have decided to decline this feature request. This is because as a shipping solution, Click & Drop does not handle product and packaging type dimensions. It is the seller’s responsibility to ensure you have selected the correct weight and package type for combined orders.

9. Processing Order Status for On Hold Orders

We use C&D to process orders from our magento website. Often our orders are made to order due to the nature of our business. For this we need an 'On Hold' or 'Processing' status within C&D so that orders do not get duplicated on a daily basis.
    We cannot print the postage label until the item is ready to leave the building as this notifies the customer that their order has been despatched. Idealy once we print the despatch note the order should go to 'Processing' and stay there until the label is printed. Which means 'New' and 'Postage Applied'…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, as free to use software, Click & Drop lacks the same functionality as some subscription based order management software. We are not currently planning to include any new order statuses.
    Our recommendation would be to leave the orders in ‘Postage applied’ status until you are ready to generate the labels for them.

10. Charge when label used

Only charge for the label ONCE scanned as delivered.
    This would mean that RM management would MAKE Sure that all posties scan the items at the delivery point.
    No Scan. No pay.
    We get so many Item not received cases and of course the delivery confirmation just shows "An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item"

The 2d Delivery Confirmation is great but only when it's actually scanned!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Label refund request reasons

There are only about faur reasons given for a label refund request, for example, 'accidental purchase'. It would be better to have a text input box instead, because in my case the customer had given me the wrong address and I would like to keep things accurate. None of the availabke options were the reason why I Wanted the refund, so I had to use 'Accdental purchase', which is not true.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for your suggestions.
    We understand that sometimes the actual reason for requesting a refund may differ from the options available. In these situations, please select the option that is the closest to the real reason.
    If you have not used the postage, your reason will not harm your request.

Many thanks,

Click & Drop support

13. Allow Copy and Paste in online claim forms

Currently the online forms for the claims doesn't allow to copy and paste the details that you have to enter there, i.e you cannot paste the recipient name, or address or anything, you have to type it in manually. This makes this cumbersome process even more frustrating, please allow copy and paste in Claims online forms.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  News from Click & Drop Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keep DMO accounts active until January 2019

You really can't risk all our livelihoods by going into the Christmas period with C&D falling over so regularly.

Today I was at least able to access DMO and get labels to print.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Administrator responded

Hi.

I am sorry to hear you have encountered difficulties with Royal Mail services.

This page is for feedback and suggestions about the Click & Drop website. We are unable to assist with general enquiries and complaints.

Instead, we advise you to make a claim, or to contact customer services who will be able to help. For more information on how to do this visit: https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/contact.

15. 24 hr and 48 hr tracked services

I've just received an email advising the 24hr/48hr tracked services can now be bought online.

However, it also tells me that these have to be dropped off at a Customer Service Point.

I have a Post Office 2 minutes walk away but it is not classed as a Customer Service Point so can no longer accept these parcels.

The nearest Customer Service Point is in Helensburgh which is over an hour's drive there and back.

Why can't this go to the local post office? You've just made this service unusable.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  New Royal Mail Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide compostable 4x6" labels

I'm working hard to make all of my packaging compostable but it somewhat defeats the purpose when an A5 envelope has a huge non-compostable label on the front. The backing paper needs to be compostable too. I'm generating so much more waste now that I've moved to click and drop!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add an option to generate VAT invoices instead of despatch notes.

Please add an option to generate VAT invoices instead of despatch notes. This would save a lot time and double printing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Portugal and Customs Labels

It seems to be an error - I produced postage labels for 8 items today - one of which was going to Lisboa in Portugal. For some reason a CN22 form was also generated!

I thought Portugal was still in the EU....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why can't we reuse address details

I import orderS from Amazon & ebay but sometimes I want to reuse the address details to create another label. Say for example if someone wants a replacement item sent.

Why is it not possible to do this? Why do I have to enter the details manually, and after inputting the info why is the manual entry system so useless that it wants me to enter the details AGAIN!

Royal mail please sort this out, it's driving me nuts.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank for you your suggestion. As Cassie75 mentions below, we do currently allow you to create a new address book entry.

However, we are considering how to improve this process, particularly with cloning, splitting, and merging orders. So this functionality might help you.

For more information on our address book functionality, please see this guide: https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001190473-How-to-create-a-manual-order-from-your-address-book

20. Sort out the mailing sack crisis

Sort out the mailing sack crisis

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please be aware, this UserVoice website is for feedback for the Click & Drop website only. We are not able to handle any queries relating to Royal Mail mail supplies. We would urge you to contact Royal Mail customer services about this issue, as they will be able to help.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base