General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Choose which order statuses to import from WooCommerce

Currently, the WooCommerce integration with the Click & Drop system pulls through all orders that have a status of "Processing". This does not allow for a productive workflow for any customers that use custom order statuses. The "Processing" status simply means that the order has been paid for, all orders with this status are not necessarily ready to be shipped.

For example, my customer uses several shipping services, if we could choose which order status to import into the system we could assign each shipping service with a custom status ie "Dispatch With Royal Mail". This way we will know…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

The WooCommerce integration was created with the standard version in mind.

Unfortunately due to the customisability of WooCommerce, we cannot cater for customised order statuses, and will not be looking to do so anytime in the near future.

Should this change we will let users know any schedules.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

2. Barcode reference is not valid

Getting the error "Barcode reference is not valid" on a CRL48 large letter - what does this mean?
    Has the item not been scanned anywhere on its journey?
    Has C&D generated a bad code?
    Item dispatched on 28/2/18, and I know there's been problems with snow, but it should have turned up by now.
    Any insights into what the error actually means?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi TIm,

This item has now been delivered. However, I will speak to the relevant team to find out why there was a delay in scanning the item on it’s journey.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

3. put the postcode look up back into click and drop when adding a shipment.

When I put in a postcode it should look up the address like rmdmo used to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No "Add To Address Book" button when creating labels.

This was on the old OLP system. Why is it not here with Click & Drop?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi John

Click & Drop Supports this, when creating a manual order above the address box, there is an address book reference section. If you give the details you have entered at this point a reference, it is saved in the address book for future use.

Click & Drop Support

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John

we’re sorry you feel this way, however within the address book section of Click & Drop, in the header row at the side of each column of data, there is a funnel which allows you to search for the entry you are looking for. This filter allows you to search on your address book reference, the name of the person you are sending an item too, the shipping address or the billing address. Once you have filtered by the relevant data you can then choose to create an order directly from the Address Book.

We are constantly looking to improve Click & Drop so if you feel additional search capabilities are needed, please let us know where you feel this is needed and we will consider this for future releases.

Click & Drop Support

6. search

Being able to search for a name or address that you have already sent when you are looking for a previous order, DMO search wasn't the best but is miles better than this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hello, We just started using your new Click & Drop app - it’s great so far, really reduces time it takes to book our daily shipping. It wou

It would be great to see prices displayed next to service options during the booking process. This could help my staff make an informed decision on the level of service to use on each package without needing a separate window open for "Price Finder" site.

Seeing as the existing price finder site can generate this info from basic package details it seems it could be a simple and useful addition to integrate into the Click & Drop app...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shipping Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comments about Click & Drop, we are pleased that you are finding the site great!

Unfortunately, displaying the price before manifesting for OBA customers is not as straight forward as it would appear. This is due to the way that the pricing is calculated on OBA, and is based on the overall weight of the shipment.
    The final price of the manifest is displayed once completed. We are looking at showing the estimated price before manifesting, and we will keep you posted as we have more information on this.

Thank you again
    The Click & Drop Team

8. revert back to old style Royal Mail labels which can be done two on a single A4 and transfer RM address book to click & collect account

click and drop is useless you need to revert to old rpyal mail labels so once again we can get two on a single A4 sheet, and return the senders address within label you also need to transfer address book to click and drop account for every customer, other wise this customer is going elsewhere

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for your comment.

It is possible to set the labels to print 2 per A4 page. A guide on how to set this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-

The process in which you can upload your address book can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001848454-Importing-OLP-address-book-into-Click-Drop . The guide also explains how you can export your address book from your Online Postage account, if you haven’t already done so. We are aware that this process is not ideal, and we are looking to create a dedicated Address Book Import function in the near future.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

9. make the new service a bit easier than it now is.

After initial problems SmartStamp worked well - bought special labels then you changed to online that needed different special labels - got loads of them left now too. Now Click & Drop doesn't seem to work for casual ad hoc requirements and there is no indication what if any Avery standard labels are required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for posting. We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Click & Drop.

There are several label templates that can be selected, including 4 labels to an A4 page (while not specifically designed for this they are similar to the Avery label L7169) and integrated labels. A guide on how to change the label template can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  News from Click & Drop Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you have having issues with the labels you are printing.

There are several different label templates that can be used (please see the guide on how to set these at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template- ).

Also it is possible to reduce the size of the label printed using your printer settings. You will need to refer to your printers user guide on how to do this but you can reduce the size of a label by up to 50% depending on the print quality.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team

11. Configurable Labels and Envelopes

What a massive backward step from the Online Postage system.
    Please can you enable the facility to print to different size envelopes (DL, C5 etc) and to A4 labels (previously 4 per sheet). I am not a business user and fail to see how this is an improvement for individuals who now have to print to an A4 sheet, cut it up and stick it with tape...How archaic can you get.
    I used to be able to load up my account and charge OLP to the account...why use the expensive and time wasting Pay Pal platform ? And I don't…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

Also, as mentioned in an earlier reply, it is possible to select different label templates. A guide for this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-

In order to select the position of a single label please refer to the guide at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115003393714-Custom-label-positioning-Personal-accounts-only-

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

12. Have an option to enter the customers name in one field instead of two.

Coming from DMO, the customers name was entered in one field which was convenient when copying and pasting from my website.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. What are CN24s?

In Settings/Templates, for tick box HS codes, help refers to CN23 and CN24s - what is a CN24? Is it a typo (should it be CN 22/23?), or have I missed something?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

CN24 is, as you have said, a typing error, and we will correct this as soon as we can.

Thank you again,
    The Click & Drop Team

14. Create a Repeat / Duplicate of Previous Order

Often I need to repeat a previous order (e.g Item lost/wrong item sent/ faulty item sent) - Instead of having to create a manual order from scratch it would be great to be able to select the original Order No and in 'Next Action' box be able to select 'Create New Duplicate Order'

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your suggestions. We have recently implemented our ‘Clone order’ functionality which covers the basics of creating repeat/duplicate orders, and we are continuing to work on more improvements to manual order creation in the future.

15. CONFUSED ON AVERAGE WEIGHT

I was a RM oba customer using BPL and predominately LLetters.

I would calculate average weight and divide by items and put in the average weight in BPL.

I was told it would be better to move to CLick and Drop as it was the same and which i did.

Ive done exactly the same here. I rang Click and Drop support on three occasions and asked if i was doing right. Was given three sep advice.

1. Cant do average weight in click and drop.

2. Can only use CRL to do average weight in click and drop.

3. Can use BPL…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Avesha

unfortunately BPL is not an average weight product and using BPL in OBA in the way you described could cause issues when our Revenue Protection teams sample your mail. BPL should be presented in the different weight bands and Click & Drop ensures the data is presented in OBA accurately.

Click & Drop Support

16. label printing

On the old Royal mail online service. There was an option to choose where you printed the labels.

I have the label set up to print 4 per page. But no option to choose where the label prints. I can use 2 labels normally and then have to peel the others off and reposition them. Ridiculous.

The old online postage system so 100x better than this 'new and improved' click drop service.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We have credit in older system & label size

We have credit in the old system which we cannot no longer access. Printing in the new takes longer and after buying labels for the old system the new layout does not fit. Extremely unhappy of the changing of the system and losing money

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are sorry to hear of the issues you are having with Click & Drop.

The credit that you have on your Online Postage account is fully refundable. Instructions on how to do this can be found on the Online Postage FAQs page at:
    https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5352/kw/online%20postage%20credit

It is possible to change the setting for the label size in Click & Drop. A guide on how to do this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template- . If the labels you have purchased are not compatible with the templates that are available please can you let us know what size labels they are? It may be that this is a size that we can look to add in to those available in the future.

I hope this information is of help to you, but should you require further help please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team who will be more…

18. System is far too prescriptive and doesn't recognise common addresses

Your click and drop system is HOPELESS.

First it forces you to put in a name. Many people sending messages to businesses won't have a name.

Second, it won't accept the HMRC Tax Credits postcode of:

HM Revenue and Customs
    Tax Credit Office
    BX9 1ER
    United Kingdom

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/tax-credits-enquiries

I would have thought that quite a few people would be sending messages to this address... not through click and drop apparently.

Hopeless!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show pricing before you generate label

New to C&D and not sure if I am missing something. It makes perfect sense to see the price of the postage you are applying (or has been automatically applied) before you generate the label to avoid errors. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your comment. You aren’t missing anything with regard to viewing the prices before generating labels.

Unfortunately, due to the way that pricing is calculated for OBA accounts it isn’t possible to show the price of an individual label, as the price is calculated at the end of day manifesting stage, and is based on all of the items sent for that day.

The price is now displayed once manifesting has been carried out, so that you are aware of what will be added to you OBA account each day.

I hope this of help, but should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the Click & Drop Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

20. Allow shipping rules to delete orders

We use Shopify but this applies to most if not all sales channels. We have Shopify linked with Click & Drop such that our orders come in automatically. However, as well as Royal Mail, we offer some other shipping services (for example, DHL and FedEx) as well as an in-store collection option. It would be useful to be able to, using shipping rules, have Click & Drop delete an order for a given 'store postage method'. Currently it is only possible to apply a postage method to one of these. At the moment we have to manually delete those orders…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shipping Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

You’ll be pleased to hear that we have added the option to mark orders as ‘Despatched by other courier’, which can be performed on the ‘Apply postage’ stage of order processing, or via shipping rules.

This will keep the order in Click & Drop, but it will not appear in your ‘New orders’, ‘Orders ready for printing’, ‘Orders ready for despatch’, or ‘Orders despatched today’ dashboard figures. You will not be able to apply postage or generate labels for orders marked as despatched by another courier, but you will be able to reset or delete the order if you decide.

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base