General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow import of orders with a custom status

C&D is a pain to use, so many things that it could easily do but doesn't, another thing that I can't fathom is why C&D only imports Magento orders as "Processing", trouble is with that is that we use several couriers and C&D is bringing in orders for UPS, collection orders etc. and it just makes finding orders in the list to ship even longer than it should be. We have a customer order status for "Packed - Ready to ship - Royal Fail", all I should do really is paste that description into C&D and C&D only import orders…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Downloading orders from Marketplaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow return address to be part of dropbox import

We send many orders "plain cover" (aka white label) for other companies, direct to their clients. We always have to have the customer as the return address (so their client believes it is coming from our customer) In DMO we had a list of approx 100 return addresses set up over the 3 years we used it. For CnD, the list is only a dozen, but is getting out of hand already.
    As our invoicing system has the return address, better (and quick) if the return address can be imported via Dropbox / you dropbox replacement etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Made a complaint about the only post office in our town about the postmaster wont accept click and drop 450g parcels as they do not get paid

Even though he shows a click and drop service wont accept click and drop items, stop paying the postmaster his wages as he is no longer working to Royal mails rules, P.Office is Prescot Shopping Center, Aspinall St. Prescot.
    Very disappointed that royal mail hep desk doesnt respond to complaints, BBC Business has replies as well as Ebay why not Royal Mail, is it beneath them to deal with the public?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

i’m sorry you had this experience at your local Post Office. We have raised this with our partners in Post Office Limited and they will ensure your local branch is aware of the correct process to handle Click & Drop Mail. The only items that cannot be presented at a local Post Office are items on the Royal Mail Tracked products which must be presented at a Royal Mail Customer Service Point

Click & Drop Support

4. Speed click and drop up

Speed the system up. Don't know what you've done with the system but its now so so slow. I can almost go away and make a cup of tea while I wait for it to churn out an address and then same for the process creating a lable. Awful. Used to be so much quicker.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get delivery confirmation working again!!

Delivery confirmation has stopped working since this update on Tuesday 13th March! Is anyone at Royal Mail aware of this and how long before it is fixed?

For orders sent after the 14th I'm getting either a blank screen or a page I assume showing the delivery time but with all of the text fields missing. Other people are reporting that their delivery confirmation status has reverted back to "tracking not available for this service"

Whatever was done on the 13th has broken C&D because not only has the delivery confirmation stopped, but it is running slow, numerous error messages…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Barcode reference **** is not valid

Dear Click & Drop team,
    Since 13 March 2018 Delivery Confirmation is working on any CRL24 Large Letter bar codes.

We have sent around 100 Large Letter packages between 13 March 2018 and 22 March 2018 and when checking the delivery confirmation we are greeted with one of the following errors on the Track & Trace website:

1)A blank screen that says:

"Track and Trace - Track your Item
    Check the progress of your deliveries"

2) "Barcode reference **** is not valid"

3) "Tracking not available for this service"

Since the Delivery Confirmation was introduced for LL late last year…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have an option to enter the customers name in one field instead of two.

Coming from DMO, the customers name was entered in one field which was convenient when copying and pasting from my website.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. CSV Import Of Service and service Codes

We had a DMO account direct with yourselves for years but got approached by a company who were shipping larger amounts than us and offered better prices. So we continued to use DMO but through another account. Its been great all this time because I developed a system to create the CSV and Auto pick the Service and Service codes so all was to do was Print the Labels. Now it looks like I cant apply service Codes to this new Click & Drop System... Is this correct?

Why would 'any' volume user want to upload a CSV and then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andy

Click & Drop has been designed to support customers of all abilities and give options and flexibility for how our customers want to use the application, as opposed to being prescriptive in how our customers use the application.

in reference to your suggestion, the upload and automatic import of files via Dropbox, the mandatory fields are solely the name and address fields. This is to allow customers for example to utilise shipping rules. However if you specify and map the service code, weight and format in your upload file it will be enough to generate your label. If you look at the help content this specifies the available fields for importing orders depending on your needs.

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/sections/115000366233-Creating-importing-your-orders

In terms of your service codes in your systems, in the settings section of Click & Drop, if you choose shipping services, you can map the codes you have in your…

9. Please revert to the old system, Click & Drop is no use to me

It takes too long to buy postage now that there is no pre-pay account.

I can't print self adhesive labels any more

It uses a complete A4 sheet for each postage, which I now have to stick with glue or tape

No address book, so I have to input addresses manually every time

Because each postage transaction is invoiced separately I have to print many A4 receipts for my expenses, whereas with the pre-pay account I only needed to do this after topping up.

The only way I can resolve these problems is to go back to buying stamps and…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Admin responded

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you are having difficulties in using Click & Drop. I’ll try to answer each of your comments:
    - We are aware that there is no pre-pay option as there was in Online Postage. However, it is possible to add funds to a Paypal account. We are aware that this may not be ideal for all customers, and we will keep you updated with any alternative payment methods as we have more information. Also, you can generate labels in batches which allows you to pay for them all at once, reducing the number of invoices produced.
    - It is possible to change the label template so that you can print onto adhesive labels. A guide on how to do this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-
    - An Address Book is available in Click & Drop and a guide on this…

10. Amazon integration

I have been trying to create an integration with Amazon FR and GE the link provided on the click and drop site to connect with Amazon FR is a phishing link and luckily my anti virus caught it. Explanation please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Marketplace Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Graham,

We are sorry that you have had an issue with the link to the Amazon FR Developer link. We have checked this and cannot find any issues with the link from the site. Would you be able to send any specific messages that your anti-virus software is giving you, please? If this is possible then can you send them to clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com for us to check?

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

11. label printing

On the old Royal mail online service. There was an option to choose where you printed the labels.

I have the label set up to print 4 per page. But no option to choose where the label prints. I can use 2 labels normally and then have to peel the others off and reposition them. Ridiculous.

The old online postage system so 100x better than this 'new and improved' click drop service.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search Facility to find orders quickly. It was available on DMO.

Search Facility to find orders quickly. It was available on DMO.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A disaster for personal customers - why change something that was OK

Click & Drop does not allow me to import my address book, my existing Avery 4 labels /page are now useless, my prepay account is lost. Hardly a step forward for personal customer. As a Personal User why change something that was meeting my needs for something that is a step backwards, I do not live near a Post Office, so online postage worked well for me.
    Can we not have a totally separate system for Personal Customers, suggest you look at the 'Le Poste' service in France.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your comment.

We are aware that the Click & Drop site has been misleading for some customers. We have taken onboard feedback received from customers with regard to this, and have made changes that we feel will help remove any confusion, and offers easy to use guides, and shortcuts, to the major functions of the site.

You have raised some specific issues that you have found with Click & Drop:

- Importing your Address Book: While there is a method to import your address book (please see the guide at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001848454-Importing-OLP-address-book-into-Click-Drop ) we do acknowledge that it is not a very user friendly process. As a result we are currently developing a better interface to import your address book, and we will keep you updated on this.

- 4 labels per page: It is possible to print up to 4 labels at once onto an A4 sheet.…

14. Choose which order statuses to import from WooCommerce

Currently, the WooCommerce integration with the Click & Drop system pulls through all orders that have a status of "Processing". This does not allow for a productive workflow for any customers that use custom order statuses. The "Processing" status simply means that the order has been paid for, all orders with this status are not necessarily ready to be shipped.

For example, my customer uses several shipping services, if we could choose which order status to import into the system we could assign each shipping service with a custom status ie "Dispatch With Royal Mail". This way we will know…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The WooCommerce integration was created with the standard version in mind.

Unfortunately due to the customisability of WooCommerce, we cannot cater for customised order statuses, and will not be looking to do so anytime in the near future.

Should this change we will let users know any schedules.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

15. CSV importer is broken and functionality is worse than DMO

The letter which you sent out back in December said that Click and Drop has all the functionality of DMO - and more. It does not and the functionality that's there is broken or incomplete.

When I try to import a CSV file which has empty columns in some of the rows (eg. Address 2 and Address 3 might be blank in some cases), the importer is incorrectly ignoring the columns for that row, thereby shifting the subsequent columns to the left. The CSV file is done to the normal specification, eg.:

"12 High Street","","","Newtown","NT1 1NT"

But if you just…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

An update has been made to the file import functionality in Click & Drop:

- It is now possible to save a file mapping as default so that any files uploaded with empty columns will be recognised
    - Alternative date formats can be selected
    - Service Enhancements can now be mapped

If you have any questions regarding this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards,
    The Click & Drop Team

16. Saturday Guaranteed via Dropbox

thank you for the January update which enabled Saturday Guaranteed as an option for SD1.

We're migrating from DMO, and really need the option to invoke Saturday Guaranteed as part of the Dropbox import. Please would you add the service enhancements to this products, to include Saturday Guanranteed?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  New Royal Mail Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The functionality to include Service Enhancements, including Saturday Guaranteed Delivery is now available when import orders via a file (through Dropbox or manually importing file). A guide on how to upload an order file, can be found at:
    https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001504193-How-to-import-upload-orders
    This guide contains information about the Service Enhancements at the end.

The specifications of the fields that can be used in the file import can be found at:

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000250093-Order-Import-spreadsheet-field-specifications

Should you have any questions relating to this, or any other features of Click & Drop, please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

17. Printing off labels landscape instead of portrait

Can we please be able to print the labels off landscape instead of portrait, as when applying to normal size envelopes it looks most perculiar compared to the normal lay of the envelope which is landscape.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

18. Configurable Labels and Envelopes

What a massive backward step from the Online Postage system.
    Please can you enable the facility to print to different size envelopes (DL, C5 etc) and to A4 labels (previously 4 per sheet). I am not a business user and fail to see how this is an improvement for individuals who now have to print to an A4 sheet, cut it up and stick it with tape...How archaic can you get.
    I used to be able to load up my account and charge OLP to the account...why use the expensive and time wasting Pay Pal platform ? And I don't…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Label Generation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that the functionality to print labels in a landscape orientation for letters is now available in Click & Drop.

Also, as mentioned in an earlier reply, it is possible to select different label templates. A guide for this can be found at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004866953-Choosing-your-label-template-

In order to select the position of a single label please refer to the guide at https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115003393714-Custom-label-positioning-Personal-accounts-only-

Should you have any questions with regard to this please do not hesitate to contact the Support Team at clickanddropsupport@royalmail.com

Thanks
    The Click & Drop Team
    OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

Non-OBA Customers can find more information about other features included in the latest release at help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles..

19. Service codes from DMO and enhancements import

When importing orders we can only use the OBA codes such as CRL24 or CRL48 and we can't specify if there's signature or not. With DMO we could automatically import an order with a Signature whereas with C&D this needs to be done manually.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Import Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Despatched by an ‘other courier’ still not available

Despatched by an ‘other courier’ still not available.

The most recent update claimed that this would be available as a postage option.

Can't seem to find it..............

Any ideas...........

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for your comment.

The Despatched by Other Courier status should now be visible to you, so apologies for the confusion caused.

Regards
    The Click & Drop Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base