I suggest you ...

...fix import settings to not update product data when option is unticked

It looks like the products catalog is being added to every time a CSV import is used, even though the selection box to "Update product data" is unticked. We don't use the built in product management as they're defined per order import. There must be an unnecessary overhead of processing and storing this data. With the need to provide electronic customs data from Jan '19, the extra product info that is inevitably going to be imported is just going to compound this issue. Please fix the tick box operation.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ics19 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  AdminAdministrator (Administrator, Click and Drop) responded  · 

Hi and thank you for your suggestion.
The update functionality you have described is only used to update existing products if the SKU imported matches an existing product within Click & Drop.
When you add a new SKU that does not match an existing product, a new product is created automatically.
if you wish for your existing products to be overwritten by any changes in the data you import – please leave the “Update product data” option checked.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ics19 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the reply. I understand what you're saying, but I can't help think the automatic product creation is being unnecessary implemented on an order CSV import. If someone wanted to import catalogue products from a CSV, then there's a separate product import menu item for this. It seems mildly confusing to also implement this on simple order imports. I can see the update functional *may* be useful to someone, but the new product creation seem like an unnecessary overhead to store potentially out of date product data that is never going to be used.

Feedback and Knowledge Base