I suggest you ...

Lost in post items for click and drop

I would like to be able to look on click and drop to find the letter/parcel in question and just click a button like customer claims item not received. would save sellers so much time rather than filling in the forms when all the information is all logged agains the order on click and drop.

178 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

phil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Royal Mail is looking into options for introducing a process to ease the claims process by supplying claims data in a simpler way. The investigation work is being carried out and we will then look as to when we can fit this into the development roadmap fro Click & Drop alongside the other requests we receive.

When a firm date for introducing this new feature, we will communicate through the user voice and message centre in Click & Drop

Regards

Click & Drop Support

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • eclectic shop uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLANNED ·
    ADMIN
    Click and Drop Support (Admin, Click and Drop) responded · December 19, 2017

how long do we have to wait!!!!!

• Kathryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been planned for as long as I can remember, why is I taking so long?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this now - we are getting more lost parcels and its taking way too much time to make claims or trace requests

• peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, this is 100% needed. Even though in many cases we won't be compensated, it at least speeds up the process and helps to highlight issues in certain delivery offices.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

especially when you work in a non-windows environment, the Royal Mail forms are not designed for these and you cannot see or select from macro drop downs - a simple button to select all the items needed for a claim would be much simpler (a simple SQL query should pull all required items, followed by an insert statement)

• Andrew Leary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen sooner rather than later, we were promised 2-D barcode traking and this isn't working and it does not show up on account now

• David HAYES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DECEMBER 19TH 2017 ROYAL MAIL ADMIN STATED THEY WERE LOOKING TO INTEGRATE THE CLAIMS PROCESS INTO CLICK AND DROP IN A SIMPLE FORMAT - IT IS NOW 8TH APRIL 2018 - IS THIS REALLY BEING LOOKED CAN WE HAVE AN UPDATE WITH SOME REAL AND HONEST TIMELINES ! OR IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK ?

This is not just for claims!!!! As Royal Mail don't have the confidence in their RM24 & RM48 services to offer compensation for lost items, there needs to be a system for logging items that have not been delivered. If nothing else it will give Royal Mail a log of how many parcels are going missing and where. You can then use this information to help prevent some losses in the future.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous, I am interested in knowing more about your customer signed electronic form that you built where the customer makes a declaration saying it never showed

Why would it cost you a £1,000 a year?

We use CRL24/48 for 99% of our items and save about £400 a month on using BPL, personally, despite my moans about RM I think it is an excellent service.

The losses are minimal, less than £100 a month.

I am not sure why RM changed their claim policy to be awkward about making claims, it used to be excellent, payment was quick and fuss free.

Unfortunately I have found that RM care very little about their customers, they do not care if you stay with them or leave

RM will NEVER make it easier to claim.. Each time I claim I provide the following and still it's like pulling teeth. I have to kick up a fuss, however I refuse to send everything CRL24/48 as sometimes things just don't get scanned, it would cost me around £1000 a year, I'd rather battle it out with RM. Just scan BPL - why is that so hard?

1. Photo of package before shipped out
    2. eBay screenshots of the item from my dashboard
    3. screenshots of dated messages from the customer
    4. messages from eBay own dispute system,
    5. dated and customer signed electronic form that I personally built where the customer makes a declaration saying it never showed
    6. Proof of value of item etc

• Steve cable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wake up people.

Royal Mail deliberately make it a long difficult process to make a claim.

Tyler
    You are so right, the fact is RM know they have the licence for domestic post and so dont care. USPS track everything and cover a wide range compared to RM if they can do it why cant RM, fact is the shop floor staff either have to much pressure on them or they simply dont care.
    and this runs through the whole company.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@eclectic shop uk

When we used the BPL service we were able to claim for lost items but the experience was so painful that we did not bother.

We moved onto using CRL24/48 and there is no claims procedure, we do not even get back the postage so have to pay RM twice to do the same job or refund the buyer.

I have recently spoken with MyHermes and am looking to send parcels through them but am stuck with RM for Large Letters.

An RM salesperson at the IRX show is convinced we will be back, maybe, maybe not, MyHermes have 1,000's of eCommerce customers, some of them must be happy with the service or they would notbe expanding as fast as they are.

The whole "you will be back" got up my nose, although I am not going to cut my nose off to spite my face, if it doesn't work out then I will, but that is the risk RM will have to take.

Do they care? No? They would rather spend money trying to attract new business than take care of the customers they already have.

• Kathryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when looking into this please consider items not received that have very low or no monetary value e.g. letters, cards etc., the cost of the postage paid is more than the cost of the item so when these get lost it is purely Royal Mail getting paid for a service that has not been provided. In these cases we either refund the buyer or send out another which is actually paying Royal Mail for the service twice. I have a very good delivery rate on Items I send less than 0.2% of items are reported not received, but as I don't claim Because it is so time consuming Royal Mail will assume that they all got there safely. And waiting 15 working days before claiming is not workable as customers are not willing to wait they want a refund or replacement in less than 1 week.

• David HAYES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Anonymous is a Royal Mail employee looking at the response - for information Hermes is comparable in price to RM - NO 3% fuel surcharge - NO minimum quantity - includes VAT so price is 20% less for businesses, and Same price anywhere in UK and the rate is negotiable for volume users - Hermes make claiming losses easy and you get the SALE price of your goods reimbursed up to £20 For FREE - yes free - Royal Mail - NO LOSS CLAIMS ALLOWED for even the cost of lost goods and the most ridiculous claim system ever thought up which is designed to stop honest customers claiming genuine losses from Royal Mail who lose abuse and simply do not care,

Madness anonymous and as for David Hawkes he is the manager of click and drop - it is his responsibility - He gets paid quite a lot of money for managinga department that does not respond to e mails - that does not answer the phone and that believes the service is free - and because they believe it is free they believe you are only entitled to a substandard service even though the cost of the service is hidden or disguised in the postal costs the surcharges and the lack of responsibiity for lost mail..

Out of interest how does Mr Hawkes wages and the rest of the department get paid - the offices heated - the website maintained from a free service ? Do they all work for free ? If they do I apologise to one and all - and will happily give them the address of the nearest job centre where they can apply for a proper paid job

I use click and drop and I think it’s actually great for a free service.

FREE, hows that???? tell me,please .
    Anon, Hmmm come out from behind that desk me RM man!!!

Hello david, I have a message ,as with most royal? (nothing royal about it) mail, every one has this problem, the fact is the service that is provided by rm staff is p*** poor. We have had reps out and they all agree with the customer,rm are so far behind in the times its a joke. How this company is still operating is amazing!!
    I have over 30 a month non scans, I have taken to periodically checking them. Rm48 I am told is a 'free' scanning service. How is this so when we pay for it,and there is no compensation. So its not so free after all is it!!
    Tell me how I can order a 2 pound item from china and it tell me where it is all the way, and tell me its been delivered before my arse has hit the chair in front of my desk!! Yet you can't track an item in the uk in general.
    The mail sacks have holes in them,clearly cut open,oh I'm told its because the posties drag the sacks!! Great, but hold on the hole is in a new sack half way up, could it be a theft!! You can bet it is!!
    I truly wish rm had some domestic competition because anyone could do the job better. Give your staff proper training,and something to work for, rather than take the items we post,give them an incentive rather than rip us all off!! We spend over £4500 a month on post with rm and for that we get a service that is half hearted.
    I wish I had the money to grab so many shares all the top staff would be out of a job,rather than sit there and blind your shop floor and investors with untrue statements that the lost ,claimed stats are down, the reason they are down is because its simply too hard to constantly fill out paperwork for items you have lost.
    Utter joke, it's a poor jobsworth company,and until we all complain nothing will be done!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base