I suggest you ...

Lost in post items for click and drop

I would like to be able to look on click and drop to find the letter/parcel in question and just click a button like customer claims item not received. would save sellers so much time rather than filling in the forms when all the information is all logged agains the order on click and drop.

178 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

phil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Royal Mail is looking into options for introducing a process to ease the claims process by supplying claims data in a simpler way. The investigation work is being carried out and we will then look as to when we can fit this into the development roadmap fro Click & Drop alongside the other requests we receive.

When a firm date for introducing this new feature, we will communicate through the user voice and message centre in Click & Drop

Regards

Click & Drop Support

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use click and drop and I think it’s actually great for a free service.

David I guess you’ve had a really bad day and I hope your day gets better but I’ve got to say to have a rant over someone who’s just trying to do their job and help you out is a bit much, I hope you never have to read something about you on a forum like this!

If you don’t like Royal Mail or click and drop it’s easy don’t use it and use my Hermès but pay the extra per item just saying!

• David HAYES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When claiming lost items Royal Mail say you must wait 5 days for the delivery time plus 10 days to claim yet sell the service as 24 or 48 hours - look at the dashboard and 2 to 3 days in the terms and conditions - seems like Royal Mail do not know what they are offering surely a claim should start after 24 or 48 hours or was that 2 to 3 days or no hold on 5 days if you are making a claim Why the different time scales - it looks like another example of putting obstacles in a customers way to deter them making a claim ? Any ideas anyone?

What is the fuel surcharge of 3% for ? We do not have our post collected we deliver it with half the prpcessing work done for RM Is it a fee for the click and drop service ?

Click and Drop must be the worst tracking system available - Costly- wholly Inaccurate - it is not free and claiming lost post laughable - poor customer service - Now you may feel this is the ranting of a mad man except consider this 15% of tracked items never show as delivered - Royal Mail claim 93.3% next day 99% within three days and a whopping 99.75% deemed correctly delivered ! Simply look at the figures quoted in the quarterly Quality of service 2017-18 quarter 3
    Well Royal Mail Click and Drop for us is running at 85% - Manager David Hawkes Claims that no one else has this problem ! If you know different feel free to post it here - reality is nothing will happen unless enough people raise the issue ! and if you really want to - e mail a list of the tracking numbers showing not delivered to business.customer.services@royalmail.com FAO DAVID HAWKES click and drop manager and he has promised to investigate and report back on each non delivered item within 14 days - Excellent service Mr Hawkes - I assume this is open to all click and drop customers - oh sorry no one else has this problem so only me then !
    He also states that this is a free service and therefore Royal Mail do not have to provide tracking for any items using the click and drop service - Hmmm ! let's look at this 3% fuel surcharge is this a fee ? - reducing the service which essentially is 1st and second class post with a different name and potentially some free tracking but disallowing claims for lost product NO COMPENSATION FOR LOST GOODS - you can claim compensation under 1st and 2nd class post and franked mail but not 24 and 48 - Is this a fee ? - seems Royal Mail are not quite representing the product fairly or honestly when selling it. Mr Hawkes customer service staff answer this as follows you can change products you do not have to use it ! Mr Hawkes answer we do not know why you cannot claim for losses using click and drop 24 and 48 but you can use the different products 1st and 2nd class post - well that just about sums it up - it obviously does not work - the Manager himself is advising you not to use the service - that fills me with confidence but of course we are the only ones with this problem - remember click and drop cannot answer complaints of this nature in a timely manner because they are so busy collecting new customers and explaining to them how to use the system - bet they are not told that the tracking is absolutely at the discretion of Royal mail whether you get it or not or that they will not be able to claim the losses from Royal Mail - but it is free isn't it ? So making claims Royal Mail want your customer reference or the sales platform reference, copy of the sales invoice, copy of the purchase invoice for your goods a calculation of the item postal cost, a cost price of the item lost, the name address and postal town and address of your customer , their e mail address and a full description of the goods inside your postal bag - your account number, the name and address of your business, a copy of the manifests that the lost items are contained within the tracking numbers and after supplying all this - they will not even look at the information provided Why? Because you are not entitled to claim for lost items only the postal cost SO WHY DO THEY ASK FOR ALL THIS INFORMATION BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY DO NOT WANT YOU TO CLAIM MOST OF THE INFORMATION THEY ASK FOR IS NOT NEEDED - quite simply dishonest an attempt to avoid their legal obligations apologies I forgot Click and Drop Manager David Hawkes told me we are the only ones with this complaint and he must be right mustn't he - an officer of Royal Mail would never try and pull the wool over your eyes would they ? Now Royal Mail look at Hermes - They do not deliver within 5 days you click a button fill in a form with item number and select a reason - they investigate refund your postage cost and the full sale value of the lost item up to the insurance value which is free up to £20 within 14 days . Oh and if you talk to them and they send a form to you they keep checking with you very efficiently until they receive the form back or you tell them you have personally resolved it and they tell you when and how much they are compensating you - in other words they offer customer service - a strange concept to the 500 years that Royal Mail have had to perfect the arrogance and pompous attitude to their customers

• eclectic shop uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I look faward to seeing how this works. I can hazard a get..it will still involve some kind of paperwork. .if c&d can show the order is missing with no paperwork (that would cost RM) then why not just add a simple button that after 10 days of no updated scan we can just get a credit for RM lack of responsable footwork in delivering the goods.. and I agree . I was duped into this system with promises. Still as long as the CEO is getting her bonus ..All is well.

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder would that be "planned" in the same way that business sellers were persuaded to move over to click and drop, invest in a fancy label machine with the promise that tracking on parcels would be free .....such promises have now been airbrushed out of existence. Claims system is obstructively time consuming. Such a pity that investment in bar code scanning technology hasn't been matched with ability to use and integrate said technology to provide better customer care with resolving item not received claims.

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So many of my orders get lost every month. I should claim refunds. It's to much hassle.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately that is a little late for a reply, but then that is no surprise....

Many of us have experienced the wait for WooCommerce and all the promises, so a firm date is likely to be 6 months shy of it happening and there is no date yet.

Not to mention the fact that the WooCommerce does not actually work correctly and no response is ever put on the fix!

Not with standing all the above, we have to bear in mind that the current Click & Drop tracking is a complete waste of time.
    If all goes well, no problem

If all does not go well then you are completely clueless about where the parcel is. If it shows delivered you really do not know what has happened to the item.

What a complete waste of time that is, why did you go to all the trouble of programming a system that simply does not work?

No input from Admin on this topic, but not surprising as they do try and make it as hard as they can for people to claim.

Business customer support are worse than useless getting back to you or looking into lost items.

I wrote a letter direct to the Delivery Office manager asking him to look into a lost item, 3 weeks later and no response, maybe the letter got lost in the post.

Not under review then? Just RM trying to make it as difficult as possible for us to claim for an item lost.

Winter is coming so save all your "nuts" and feed the Squirrels.

Prices are too high for tracked items we can get less than £1 fully tracked from china via royal mail and in in UK domestic tracked mail rates are too hight and then we have to pay fee to ebay or amazon and paypal and we save nuts

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I lose problem 3% of the letter I post per week. I never make claims.
    It just to much time

• ibrahim kalay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Year is 2017 and we can not see where the post / parcel is from barcodes.
    Royal mail should improve and get their act together.
    I am fed up with lost parcels and no compensation. Forget about lost merchandise, they don't even refund their charges.
    Whole claim process is so complicated and time consuming which is not worth it.
    I am looking

It would also help if you could filter the items that have not been delivered and those awaiting collection at the Delivery Office.

Is anybody at Royal Mail actually taking note of these great ideas?

• paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, we need to click a check box, customer claims not received and get a refund for the items cost plus postage

• ELKO Group commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, claim process is way to complex and needless so most of the time we don't bother as man power going into this outweighs the benefit of compo we would get. This should be made much easier for businesses.

Have to agree with this, RM need to get their act together. I gave up putting in claims due to the amount of work involved.

And then the time they make you wait

It should be easy to put in a claim and they should be able to see if you are making excessive claims

Feedback and Knowledge Base