I suggest you ...

Can tracking codes be automatically sent back to WooCommerce?

When a label is generated and paid for, can the tracking number be sent back to Woocommerce and automatically added to that order? At the moment I'm manually copying and pasting all the tracking numbers back to Woocommerce.

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to pass this information to WooCommerce stores specifically due to the way their system handles our data. This can be achieved by configuring some 3rd party plugins, but we are not able to recommend or offer support for any 3rd party software.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nick Steggel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this compatibility!
    It marks my orders as completed for me so why cant it add tracking codes?
    Heck if you could highlight which plugins can be configured for this but put a disclaimer in that would be a start!

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Mike, not sure how it would save RM 1,000's of man hours.

There is at least one plugin that claims to do it - WooCommerce Royal Mail Shipping with Tracking - by pluginhive for $59.00 | No idea how good it is.

As per my previous comment it should have been developed as a plugin by Royal Mail as there is nowhere in WooCommerce to store the data

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's mind boggling why no effort is made to resolve this.
    From RM's perspective It would no doubt save them 1000's of man hours.
    As far as I'm aware there is no plugin that could offer this as RM don't provide access to the tracking data.

• Alan Mudd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your assertation that "This can be achieved by configuring some 3rd party plugins, but we are not able to recommend or offer support for any 3rd party software." Is simply wrong on every level as Click and Drop is currently not configured and will not be configured by your programmers to release tracking information to ANY plug in offered in Woocommerce.

It is this we are asking to be resolved. If you won't release data to a plug in how can a plug in be expected to work?

The issue here is at the C&D coding end, not woocommerce. Please address this.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Woocommerce should have been coded as a plugin, this would have made the whole thing a lot easier

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need tracking info sent across in Woocommerce please RM. It's clearly possible as we're able to integrate shipping status, it's very little extra to enable the sending of tracking numbers.

Please!

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Integrate tracking information with Woocommerce as it is with eBay and Amazon. The automatic uploading of tracking numbers is an absolute must. The widget already exists within Woocommerce, they are simply waiting for Royal Mail to enable communication with the "shipment tracking" extension.

• Chris W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need the tracking information to be sent back to woocommerce so that these details are sent to the customer. If not it needs to be done manually which does not mean it intergrates fully.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be good if the tracking number was added back to WooCommerce. We could then setup a dispatched email within WooCommerce and incorporate the tracking number into the email back to the customer.

Unless C&D would have the feature to email customer direct the same way Parcelforce do on Manifest generation?

Thanks

any chance of an answer or comment royal mail - please ?

this is pretty much standard requirements for online shopping these days

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very useful to Businesses, Customers & Royal Mail.
    Everyone would be a winner if this was implemented.
    Top priority IMO!

despite buying the suggested plugin (I was already using another) the tracking number is not being added. It would be even better if you could also pass info back into woosommerce to say when the item was delivered - and best of all when a card has been left due to non delivery - so we can alert our client as these cards often seem to 'dissapear' or not even be left.... it would save Royal Mail from having to post them back to us - and then for us to ship again - at cost!

• Tim Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please do this - had assumed it was happening, but have customer asking where their orders are, which has made me look as to why they aren't just looking at the tracking themselves - because they don't have it, and as C&D doesn't pull the email or phone number for the shipping address fields, they don't get notifications from C&D either - ideally both of these things would work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base