I suggest you ...

A better process for refunds need to be put in place - I cannot post a form every time!

It was difficult enough when I had to call customer service to get a refund on International Items (the old system only allowed you to apply online for UK postage).

Now we're expected to complete a form and pay postage to send this by mail. I need to amend an order from Letter to Large Letter which will actually cost me more to post the form than to just lose the difference in postage cost!

If I'm going to lose 65p every time I need a refund it's going to become very expensive! (and I can't save them them up and send together as you only have 14 days to claim)

114 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bonnie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Avegi Druidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to add that Royal Mail have provided a paper 'long form' claims process for years and received many years of complaints over this. I think it's time we all issue official complaints to Ofcom over this matter. There are many instances of false promises. I think we should be covered under distance selling law and the refund should be made for any items not showing as delivered (be it, through a customer saying they have not got it).I wont go into compensation arrangements, it's another debate. I just think now is the time for Royal Mail to sort this out. They are using 'frustrating claims processes and denying claims', it's an unfair business practice.
    Here is our example; Item claimed for; told to claim on the phone; 1 form, 4 emails later and 2 telephone calls to them we get our claim of £8 after 4 months. I really think Ofcom are our last hope of getting them regulated to provide a 'simpler' claim method.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the first time since using Click & Drop, I found myself having to investigate how to get a refund this week when I wasn't able to post something within the specified timeframe. It's bad enough that you cannot modify postage to be usable in such situations, but I was utterly taken aback upon discovering that I had to fill in a form and post it off... all for the sake of 67p (not much money I know, but it mounts up if such things go ignored). It is a complete joke that you cannot click a button to request a refund as you used to be able to do with OLP. Click & Drop didn't land yesterday, so why is this taking so long to implement?

Utterly ludicrous refund "system" - clearly designed to deter people from claiming for unused postage. At least it's a freepost address, but that in itself automatically uses up several of the "14 calendar days" for receipt of the refund request

• Sharon Burrows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely agree with other comments. Online refund process needs to be implemented. Also the ability to change the postage service rather than having to buy another and claim a refund, post it off and have to wait for your refund.

• eclectic shop uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LOL, See that pig flying,,, AMAZING how this has been asked for before everything else and yet still not implemented, WHY because your making to much money.This should be one of the first things put in place, we can prove the items were not scanned and lost as its your system that shows us, and the lack of workers to do the job correctly. Lets see how much longer it takes,

• Joanne Poole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This refund policy is just a complete disgrace! But it is just another example of the Royal Mail expecting customers to subsidise their inadequacy with an individual's so much more valuable time, apart from the costs involved. It is past time customers actually started demanding compensation!

• Martin Winlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is completely unbelievable in the 21st century! Aside from the aggravation and cost to your customers, *surely* RM has better things to do with their time than to sit around opening letters for refunds! Furthermore, if when one uses Paypal to order on-line postage (which I usually do, thank goodness, rather than using the extremely clunky 'wonderful!' and 'new!' 'Click and Drop") it is a matter of simply clicking on 'Refund Postage' button to initiate the process of obtaining a refund; pick your reason and 'OK' and that's it. Refund appears a couple of days later.

So if Paypal can do it WHY THE HELL CAN'T ROYAL MAIL!!! It's your own COMPANY, FCOL!!!

I posted two forms in one envelope and only just got a refund for one of them. Christ, I hope some RM employee reads this and helps me out because trying to contact them is useless.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopeless system, come on RM refunds used to be a breeze under the old system - so far cick & drop is a big step backwards!!

• Matthew Tribble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The link in the order confirmation email for a refund gives you a "Sorry - page not found", but the claims form is at the end of the Terms and conditions and does give the FREEPOST address. I won't hold my breath waiting for my £2.11 back though.
    Don't suppose anyone from RM is reading this "important to us" feedback. It feels more like we've been funneled into a back alley next to the bins where there's a space provided to graffiti on a wall that no one will ever see.

• eclectic shop uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OLD news this, flogging a dead horse i'm afraid. RM wont make this easier as they will lose money. This has been asked for many times and still nothing...
    I loved the leaflets they sent out, informing us that RM24 and 48 are scanned. ??!! whens this going to be then, when the post people can be bothered, cause they still cant!

Total waste of time,no one listens and does a thing about it.

Anyone know what form for OBA on credit as I do not know what form or where to get it from

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When 'online postage' was available, getting refund was easy and fairly quick. I have just spent 1/2 hour on the phone, waiting to speak to someone. I gave up because the call was costing me too much compared to the refund. Pease make it easier to request a refund.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is utterly appalling that in order to get a refund for a mistaken order we have to fill out a form, print it off and post it to you and do so within 14 days. It's utter contempt for your customers! I used to be able to send a quick email. Job done. Now I have to waste ink and paper plus my time and someone has to sort that envelope, deliver it, someone has to sort it again and give it to the right department where up someone has to open it and then deal with it. Are you insane or is this your way of deliberately winding up your customers. If I had somewhere else to go for my regular envelope mail I would not be using Royal Mail!

Under the old system, it was easy to apply for a refund (if posting date had expired, for example) through the website. Under Click&Drop, we have to post a request form to Barnsley. That is cumbersome and time-consuming. Can't you please return to the old method? Also, at the same time, it would be helpful if it were possible to reset the expired order to new and regenerate fresh labels, instead of having to input the recipients details all over again.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base